Jones vows to send Cormier into permanent analyst role

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I actually love that he's a commentator. More days he's out there in front of the camera, I just get time to hang out in the gym and get that much farther ahead of him," Jones said to FOX Sports after the press conference. "Let him stay in the limelight, practicing for his career after I beat him."

Following Jones' suspension for his involvement in a car collision last April, Cormier picked up the vacant 205-pound title by choking out Anthony Johnson at UFC 187. The American Kickboxing Academy product went on to defend the strap in a thrilling back-and-forth fight with Alexander Gustafsson, and will look to avenge his loss to Jones at UFC 197.

Jones, however, feels he's surrounded by superior training partners and coaches, and believes his evolution as a fighter will be showcased in the Octagon.

"I'm surrounded by the best fighters. I'm testing myself against the best every single day and I feel amazing," Jones said. "I feel right on top of my game. It's going to show on April 23."

LINK: Jon Jones vows to send Cormier into permanent analyst role after UFC 197

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
Jon Jones is going down and i have been saying it for months like i said about Holms.. He is probably gonna gas out ..

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
Jon Jones is going down and i have been saying it for months like i said about Holms.. He is probably gonna gas out ..
I can't believe people bought the Holm was holding back, or the Jones was out partying and wasn't serious. if that was true how was he able to go 5 rounds with Gus and DC? If Jones made clear multiple mistakes vs Gus or DC than maybe it could hold Merritt. Reality is DC and Gus match up a lot better than most of his division vs Jon.

DC's cardio vs Gus looked a lot better and Jones hasn't been fighting. Also Jones has added some bulk which could potentially hinder his cardio in 5 rounds. The more I evaluate the more i like DC's chances vs Jones.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Jones all day every day. If he looks like shit and loses its because he's off the Coke. That's an easy fix. He can start doing tons of blow and come back to wreck the entire LHW and HW division.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
I can't believe people bought the Holm was holding back, or the Jones was out partying and wasn't serious. if that was true how was he able to go 5 rounds with Gus and DC? If Jones made clear multiple mistakes vs Gus or DC than maybe it could hold Merritt. Reality is DC and Gus match up a lot better than most of his division vs Jon.

DC's cardio vs Gus looked a lot better and Jones hasn't been fighting. Also Jones has added some bulk which could potentially hinder his cardio in 5 rounds. The more I evaluate the more i like DC's chances vs Jones.
you are 100% right that bulk is gonna give him big problems . He will be slower and will have a low gas tank. The problem with Jon Jones is adding strength doesn't help him much because he will never develop that knock out power. If he is gonna try hard to finish Cormier he may get finished himself but he always fights safe lol

Severianb

Posting Machine
Aug 5, 2015

She was holding back.

Tate just got lucky.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
So, if DC is practicing for his career after fighting... then was Jones doing the same when he hit a pregnant lady with his car and ran back to collect his weed and money instead of checking on whether or not he killed someone?

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I thought Cormier would take Jones out in the first fight. He was landing uppercuts and getting right in Jones' face, but he started to wear down as the fight went on, seemingly from the body kicks. I still think DC can win this. Remember he technically is the champ and you know how judges are with close championship fights. DC improves to 1-1 vs. Jones, and yes this is optimistic but I've been a big DC fan since Strikeforce and I think, like Randy over Chuck, he deserves his moment to open some eyes.