VID Jones vs Shogun

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
That isn't the greatest beatdown in title fight history.

It was a great win for Jones alright but like Rambo said it is marred by Jones poking the fuck out of Shogun, raking his eyes on the deck, illegally grabbing his neck. The oblique kick is also a shit technique, especially on a guy coming off knee surgery but its legal I suppose, even if it is shit.

It sums up Jones career in a way, so much good and so much dirty questionable shit that just stops you really getting behind him.

Shogun also defends exceptionally well in the first round when Jon gets him down , makes Jones work to get any offence off on top threatens with a couple of subs and sweeps and lands some shots of his own on the feet, enough to make Jones throw out the aforementioned pokes.

We haven't seen this version of Jones in a long time but more importantly , even coming off the Machida KO we never saw Shogun at his best again, too many injuries.

I'd love to see them fight before the arm break, before the knees were failing, but such is life.

M

member 3289

It was a great win for Jones alright but like Rambo said it is marred by Jones poking the fuck out of Shogun, raking his eyes on the deck, illegally grabbing his neck. The oblique kick is also a shit technique, especially on a guy coming off knee surgery but its legal I suppose, even if it is shit.

It sums up Jones career in a way, so much good and so much dirty questionable shit that just stops you really getting behind him.

Shogun also defends exceptionally well in the first round when Jon gets him down , makes Jones work to get any offence off on top threatens with a couple of subs and sweeps and lands some shots of his own on the feet, enough to make Jones throw out the aforementioned pokes.

We haven't seen this version of Jones in a long time but more importantly , even coming off the Machida KO we never saw Shogun at his best again, too many injuries.

I'd love to see them fight before the arm break, before the knees were failing, but such is life.
Lol yeah ok. Shogun was 29 when that fight happened.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

I can’t stand Jones but the UFC made him the douche bag he is today.

He’s known for eye pokes, he’s talked about it in documentaries, yet he’s consistently allowed to rake his opponents faces with no penalty.

He’s repeatedly tested positive for peds and the UFC not ok you condones it but has moved a card to another state when he tested positive before a card he was headlining.

Jon has had multiple DUI incidents, supposedly hid from USADA under the cage at jackwink until they left, constantly gets into trouble yet the UFC supports him at every step.

That being said, Jones coming off a two week coke bender would destroy an after PRIDE shogun 10 out of 10 times.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Knee surgery has zero effect right, everybody comes back 100% from every surgery at 29, its an absolute impossibility he was even slightly comprimised by his injuries.

Jones is one of the best to ever do it, nobody is disputing that, he also had a great win to take the belt again nobody is disputing that.

If you think Shogun was at his absolute best in any part of his UFC tenure you are blind.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Fair weather bandwagon bitch tits express, featuring the easy picks and the company pets.

Blow it out your arse nut swinger.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
You could give 25-year-old Pride Shogun all the steroids in the world and he still gets destroyed by JBJ
How many steroids does Jon the pico get? Ring or cage? What rule set?

I'd love to have seen Jones fight open weight under Pride rules, same way I'd liked to have watched Shogun fight him before he was shopworn.

You'd rather be a smug cunt and speak as if you are Jones than even entertain Shogun having a chance at any stage.

Blow it out your arse

M

member 3289

How many steroids does Jon the pico get? Ring or cage? What rule set?

I'd love to have seen Jones fight open weight under Pride rules, same way I'd liked to have watched Shogun fight him before he was shopworn.

You'd rather be a smug cunt and speak as if you are Jones than even entertain Shogun having a chance at any stage.

Blow it out your arse
You're the one that brought up knee surgery like it means fuck all