Jones was glad to see McGregor lose

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

"I have mixed feelings about watching him lose. A part of me thinks that it was a good thing because he was humbled and right before he lost he was starting to get into conversations about fighting anybody, anywhere and certain things like 'I could beat anybody no matter what weight class they're in'," Jones explained when speaking to "The Dan LeBatard Show."

"I was getting fans messaging me saying like 'Oh man how would you do against McGregor?' and I'd say to the fans 'Come on guys you can't be serious?' I'm a 220-pound, nine-time world champion and you really think it would even be a match? Conor's fans really thought he could beat anyone at any weight class so I'm glad that it happened cause it allowed the fans to have that reality check like all right maybe this guy isn't invincible. Something us professional fighters knew the whole time."

LINK: Jon Jones was glad to see Conor McGregor lose at UFC 196

P

Punch

"I have mixed feelings about watching him lose. A part of me thinks that it was a good thing because he was humbled and right before he lost he was starting to get into conversations about fighting anybody, anywhere and certain things like 'I could beat anybody no matter what weight class they're in'," Jones explained when speaking to "The Dan LeBatard Show."

"I was getting fans messaging me saying like 'Oh man how would you do against McGregor?' and I'd say to the fans 'Come on guys you can't be serious?' I'm a 220-pound, nine-time world champion and you really think it would even be a match? Conor's fans really thought he could beat anyone at any weight class so I'm glad that it happened cause it allowed the fans to have that reality check like all right maybe this guy isn't invincible. Something us professional fighters knew the whole time."

LINK: Jon Jones was glad to see Conor McGregor lose at UFC 196

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Unreal that anyone would even go to Jones with that question. You have to be a real do-do to ask that. Conor wouldn't be able to handle anyone in weidmans division, let alone 205, cmon you fucking stunad.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
First Conors coming for that lhw belt. Then he's coming to reclaim that McGregorWeight belt.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
There are people who believe anything someone says just because they are said. Look at Trump's Tramps....

Along the same lines as "Ronda can beat a guy" rhetoric till she lost.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Which belt?

There's only one that matters and Nate is the current linear champ.
145, 155, 170, or the McGregor belt (which Nate owns). If he fights Frankie at UFC 200, it will be the last time he ever holds UFC gold.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
145, 155, 170, or the McGregor belt (which Nate owns). If he fights Frankie at UFC 200, it will be the last time he ever holds UFC gold.
I can see Frankie beating him but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him get another belt.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
145 or 155. He's still got a long career ahead of him unless he takes his money and runs. One loss to Nate Diaz doesn't change the fact that the guy is a special fighter.
I dont know man. I just feel as long as Frankie's around, he wont win that fight because his grappling is so bad. And as long as guys like RDA, Khabib, Ferguson are at 155, he isn't going to win it there either. If he beats Frankie, its game back on again though.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
I dont know man. I just feel as long as Frankie's around, he wont win that fight because his grappling is so bad. And as long as guys like RDA, Khabib, Ferguson are at 155, he isn't going to win it there either. If he beats Frankie, its game back on again though.
Full camp Edgar and Mendes >Conor, until proven otherwise. 1 week camp Mendes would've gotten destroyed by Aldo as well.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I really don't think his ground game is as bad as people believe it to be. Eddie Bravo himself said that Conor has came into his schools and that he is legit. He hit a nice sweep on Nate during the fight. He's not Nate Diaz on the ground but he isn't completely useless on the ground either. Frankie won't be around forever. Frankie could beat him and then retire 3 fights later. A lot of other things can happen. We are talking about the guy who slept Aldo. He's definitely capable of winning any fight at 145. 155 is admittedly tough, but I don't think all signs point to him losing and never getting another taste.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
145 or 155. He's still got a long career ahead of him unless he takes his money and runs. One loss to Nate Diaz doesn't change the fact that the guy is a special fighter.
You lose in MMA you're out of business. You win one or two fights, you are invincible. They used to think Conor was invincible, now they think that of Nate. And he'll face his previous loss in RDA if he's going for the 155 belt. People will shit on Nate if he loses again.

The thing is Conor is a special fighter. What Jones did in the cage, Conor did outside of the cage, changed the game to new levels. That said, McGregor is still an exceptional fighter, finishing almost everyone in his division including the p4p great Jose Aldo. Any other fighter comes close to the pinnacle of his division and it's going to be decision after decision. It's why Anderson Silva was so spectacular during his reign. Conor is one of the game changers, in a division that began to become stale.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
You lose in MMA you're out of business. You win one or two fights, you are invincible. They used to think Conor was invincible, now they think that of Nate. And he'll face his previous loss in RDA if he's going for the 155 belt. People will shit on Nate if he loses again.

The thing is Conor is a special fighter. What Jones did in the cage, Conor did outside of the cage, changed the game to new levels. That said, McGregor is still an exceptional fighter, finishing almost everyone in his division including the p4p great Jose Aldo. Any other fighter comes close to the pinnacle of his division and it's going to be decision after decision. It's why Anderson Silva was so spectacular during his reign. Conor is one of the game changers, in a division that began to become stale.
I completely agree. It seems as though in the UFC there is this "anti hype" that some fans use to try to counteract those who are given huge pushes. If a quiet, modest fighter had done the things that Conor has, I suspect the reaction would be a lot different.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I really don't think his ground game is as bad as people believe it to be. Eddie Bravo himself said that Conor has came into his schools and that he is legit. He hit a nice sweep on Nate during the fight. He's not Nate Diaz on the ground but he isn't completely useless on the ground either. Frankie won't be around forever. Frankie could beat him and then retire 3 fights later. A lot of other things can happen. We are talking about the guy who slept Aldo. He's definitely capable of winning any fight at 145. 155 is admittedly tough, but I don't think all signs point to him losing and never getting another taste.
I think Eddie was saying his ground game is good enough he doesn't need to go to renowned jujitsu school like everyone says he should. But I look at Conor's option at 55, and I see no chance unless he KO's em. In grappling, Nate owns Connor, RDA owns Nate, Khavib owns RDA. That's tough ass line up. Even at 145, it's hard to think Conor will beat former LW champ Frankie Edgar who was never finished at 155, has relentless takedown, all day cardio, and good movement. And even if Jose fought him again, I think Jose can squeeze out a 5rnd decision.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Poor Jones showing his jealousy . He shall be humbled by DC soon
You are only 1/2 right. He is showing jealousy. Jones hates the talk of fighters fighting anytime, any place because he got punked by a Middleweight. That being said, he will not be humbled by DC or anyone else. Jones is a monster, the only thing that can beat him is addiction.