Jones ‘B’ sample also comes back positive

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheAwkwardTitan

IQ = 209
Jan 30, 2016
Considering the b sample is taken the same day, what were we expecting here?
How about they mentally test the dorks who like to test these guys? They have to watch the fighters penis. Who wants that job? not this guy........
From my understanding they test two sample to make sure one wasn't contaminated. It's irreverent that it was taken on the same day...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
From what I understand, this is how it works.

USADA shows up to random test and they draw blood. That blood is put into two vials. One is the A sample, the other is the B sample.

Both samples are taken to an accredited lab.

The A sample is tested. The B sample is frozen.

If the A sample comes up negative, it is retested several times to ensure the results are 100% accurate. This can take several weeks.

Results are released to the UFC and the athletic commission.

Fighter then has the option to have the B sample tested by the same lab, or a different accredited lab. B sample doesnt take as long because it's only proving the results match the A sample test. It doesn't have to tested, retested multiple times.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
irreverent? It's not that or irrelevant. I've already explained it. It's about the possibility of Human Error.

:rolleyes:
Tough job being smarter than everybody isnt it?
NDNH can rest easy knowing you'll be his replacement when he quits tmmac over jones.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
You guys have, obviously, never worked in a lab setting. This testing isn't just pissing in a cup and putting a stick in and waiting for it to change colors. The B sample is to make sure there wasn't human error causing a false positive. Jesus Christ, how fucking hard is it to understand so much of the shit that has been discussed over the last 24 hours?

Did a couple of you dumb-asses actually group Burr with Callen? Da fuck? o_O
so 1 stick for all those banned substances?

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
What about the c-sample? Are the testers illiterate or something? C'mon USADA, there's a whole alphabet left!!

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
So why does it take 2 to 3 week for the first test, and the second is done in under 24hrs, why can't we get faster testing so if someone pops there is a fair chance to change things up
It's a bit easier when you know what substance you are testing for. There is a long list of substances to test for and different tests for many of them.

TalkingLeaf

Nov 4, 2015
Good bump. Got me for a second. I was wondering how I missed this thread long enough for it to get to three pages. Now I know, damn you!

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Good bump. Got me for a second. I was wondering how I missed this thread long enough for it to get to three pages. Now I know, damn you!
I normally hate this, but I was bored and time to get a few back :)

So now I can't complain about it anymore.

Joemacka

Bisping is GOAT
Oct 19, 2015
You got me lol. I was in the middle of telling my dad then stopped when i realised.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Didn't get me

No sir

It's 0340 , you need to get up way earlier to trick me with a bump.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
When he gets cleared of this fixed result, you can all apologise to me via pm to spare the public embarrassment