Lifestyle Jordan Peterson

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah it's been 500 years... good point. But much like the reformation, it has shaped our history forever, us from European heritage. I mean, who doesn't like to talk about it? Who is he referring to?
I have no idea Yossarian @Yossarian your guess is as good as mine.

It's quite shocking to here him pontificating about this stuff when he apparently has not even read of the Fourth Crusade and the sack of Constantinople. You know.

*edit - hear, not here

Last edited:

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The West even rebuffed the emissary of Genghis Khan and his effort to coordinate against Isla
A heist gone wrong lol.
LOL I heard him predict that one day he'll say the wrong thing and it'll all come crashing down on him so he better enjoy the ride. I think he's already starting to do it.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
On the other hand, it's possible that he's viewed as a steam valve and he'll be left in place for a lifetime like Ron Paul.

He says things lately like 'the West was so traumatized by the destruction of Byzantine Christianity that they can't talk about it to this day.' I mean I heard him say this recently myself and it is patent nonsense. He badly needs to stay in his lane or he'll have his legs cut out from under him soon I think.
maybe he's right, maybe he's wrong but one thing is certain, Byzantine Christianity was something I never heard anyone discuss when I was younger. Maybe no one cares anymore, I have no idea.

If that is the worst critique you can charge him with then you can probably dismiss the opinions of everyone out there today, not that that's a bad thing.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I heard him predict that one day he'll say the wrong thing and it'll all come crashing down on him so he better enjoy the ride.
Everything he says is being listen to, so yeah. He has a target on his back for speaking out against silly things. And silly people are now after him.

Thing is though, dudes like that are needed. Someone who is still willing to say it like it is. I say a vast majority influential people are more concerned with being politically correct, than to bring forth discussion about they way we do things, and about the changes we are going through. It's not like we can turn to the media either.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I like him. I totally agree with him standing his ground against those lunatic angry students.

I think he was overly concerned about using the wrong pronouns becoming hate speech; the bill didn't suggest that. And his ideas on "truth" are a little whacky. But he's a smart guy who seems to have good intentions. It's a shame some bigots on the right have tried to claim him, which dummies on the left somehow blame him for.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
You should pet random cats. Or kick dawgs.
the worst thing about cats is they'll sit & stare at you after the morning after you've drank too much trying to tell you "I know exactly what your problem is, you drink too much last night." I hate cats

the worst thing about cats is they'll sit & stare at you after the morning after you've drank too much trying to tell you "I know exactly what your problem is, you drink too much last night." I hate cats
Cats keep the rodent population down, which, in turn limits the spread of disease. Be nice to cats.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Cats keep the rodent population down, which, in turn limits the spread of disease. Be nice to cats.
I try, my girlfriend has 2 of them & I feed them, brush the long haired cat, & try to bribe them with catnip & treats & they aren't having it. They'll warm up to me sometime

I try, my girlfriend has 2 of them & I feed them, brush the long haired cat, & try to bribe them with catnip & treats & they aren't having it. They'll warm up to me sometime
They probably enjoy you more than you realize and pine for you while you're away. Do you play with them?

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
I'm not sure if you're trolling.

Colleges don't prosecute criminal cases. That's for law courts.
They were quoted as saying what she did was probably breaking the law. There's no troll. Yes they didn't prosecute her. But God forbid she didn't record that conversation she'd definitely of been way worse off at the school. He layed out the future of how it be interpreted and the administration and their lawyers are saying just that. The lawyers at UoT said Peterson himself may of been breaking the law after those videos.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
They were quoted as saying what she did was probably breaking the law. There's no troll. Yes they didn't prosecute her. But God forbid she didn't record that conversation she'd definitely of been way worse off at the school. He layed out the future of how it be interpreted and the administration and their lawyers are saying just that. The lawyers at UoT said Peterson himself may of been breaking the law after those videos.
Ok, yeah colleges do some whacky stuff. That's not my point. Peterson believed there was a risk that using incorrect pronouns would be illegal under Bill C-16. That isn't the case.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Ok, yeah colleges do some whacky stuff. That's not my point. Peterson believed there was a risk that using incorrect pronouns would be illegal under Bill C-16. That isn't the case.
His point was the open nature of the law meant it could be interpreted that way. The college administrations and their lawyers at both place's proved that point.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
His point was the open nature of the law meant it could be interpreted that way. The college administrations and their lawyers at both place's proved that point.
Yeah I remember that was a big concern at the time, it was worded in a way where you could draw that conclusion.

Yeah I remember that was a big concern at the time, it was worded in a way where you could draw that conclusion.
I recall his main concern being that a government should never be able to control how we talk to each other via "compelled speech."

My understanding is that Bill C-16 represents a precedent and thereby a slippery slope.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
It's worded to include gender identity as a protected class, so hate speech laws are applicable. If you then look at the hate speech laws, they refer to instigation of violence and genocide.

Pro nouns were not at risk from C-16.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
It's worded to include gender identity as a protected class, so hate speech laws are applicable. If you then look at the hate speech laws, they refer to instigation of violence and genocide.

Pro nouns were not at risk from C-16.
I'm not a lawyer but I know there was a lot of confusion about it. The Ontario Human Rights Commission says

"Refusing to refer to a trans person by their chosen name and a personal pronoun that matches their gender identity, or purposely misgendering, will likely be discrimination when it takes place in a social area covered by the Code, including employment, housing and services like education."

So that sounds like it would apply to Peterson at least.

We have some pretty wacky discrimination laws up here, comedians have been heavily fined for offending hecklers

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015

Petting a cat is a tongue in cheek metaphor

The book is an eclectic mix of various themes that touches upon: jungian psychology and in particular analyzing the archetypal myths of the Old Testament, evolutionary biology, analysis of societal dominance hierarchies and personal improvement amongst others.

Swedes are probably mad he has a penis and is white.
I heard of him when the speech/conference at ryerson university got canceled. Then I saw the interviews he gave with Rogan on his podcast and pretty much became a fan.

Un brainwashed swedes will like him; the Swedish media will freak out as expected, they’re Uber pc, more so than the Canadian mainstream media which says a lot. I urge anyone to watch angry foreigner’s YouTube channel fir that matter. You’ll never see Sweden the same again.