Jorge Masvidal sends fiery message to Leon Edwards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1727099501380.png

It seems almost like a lifetime ago when Jorge Masvidal got involved in a backstage fight with Leon Edwards that resulted a catchphrase that just became part of the MMA vernacular afterwards.

“I gave him the three-piece with the soda”

That was Masvidal’s way of telling the story about popping Edwards with a couple of punches after the fighters came face-to-face following a UFC event in London back in 2019. Given the bad blood between them, it seemed like Masvidal and Edwards would eventually settle their grievances in the octagon but somehow the UFC never pulled the trigger on the matchup.

Despite that incident happening over five years ago, Masvidal and Edwards still get asked about it to this day because the rivalry between them born that day never got settled.

For his part, Masvidal claims he accepted a fight against Edwards, but the future UFC champion declined so the matchup never came together.

“I know he wouldn’t fight me,” Masvidal told MMA Fighting. “He got offered and turned it down. He don’t want this.”

“I tried [to fight him]. Leon Edwards don’t want this. He had other options, he went for other things except fight me, basically. I’ll tell you that much.”

Jorge Masvidal sends fiery message to Leon Edwards: ‘I’ll beat the f*ck out of your little skinny ass’ - MMA Fighting

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Masvidal made me laugh as he was in the middle of that interview and calmly said “come over here and say that to my face”
And then just unloaded on him “dope quick”
😂😂