Jose Aldo Regenokine Treatment

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
A Brazilian commentator mentioned on the broadcast yesterday that Jose Aldo was undergoing Regenokine treatment. Here is an article on it, and it apparently works miracles. Fingers crossed.

298_298_the-body-that-heals-itself[1].jpg

In 2011, after sitting out much of the season due to chronic pain in his right knee, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant – who already had undergone three knee surgeries – decided to try something different to get his game back: He traveled to Düsseldorf, Germany. That's where a physician named Peter Wehling invented an innovative procedure called Regenokine, which uses the body's own anti-inflammatory proteins and human-growth factors to reverse pain and chronic injuries. By all accounts, Bryant's visit was a success – he went from a possibly career-ending injury to being back on the court. "I can run. I can jump. I can run the track. I can practice every day. Those are things I couldn't do last year," he told Yahoo! Sports at the time.

Bryant isn't the only high-profile patient to visit Wehling's clinic. Alex Rodriguez went to Wehling for knee and shoulder pain, Olympic volleyball player Lindsey Berg treated her arthritic left knee, and even Pope John Paul II underwent treatment for arthritis.

Regenokine is a patented procedure that involves drawing blood from a patient and then separating and treating it with heat to concentrate its healing properties. The incubation process takes up to 24 hours, and it stimulates the growth of immune-regulating substances from the body, like tumor necrosis factor and interleukin-1. Once the blood is ready, it's injected directly into the joint or other source of pain. Since the procedure is noninvasive, it carries little risk of side effects like infections and does not require months of physical rehabilitation. While no one knows exactly how long the relief will last, Wehling says he usually doesn't see patients for years afterward, and in some cases, such as when he treats slipped discs, he is confident the treatment can offer a permanent fix, especially when patients follow injections with Wehling's nutrition and training program. "This is a new, proven way of treating chronic pain," says Wehling. "We see a positive result in 80 to 90 percent of patients."

Former Viacom CEO Tom Freston is one of those patients. He was treated in 2009 for a herniated disc. While on a trip to Dubai, Freston, who was then walking with a cane, ran into Hollywood agent Ari Emanuel. "Ari told me, 'You've got to get on the next plane to Düsseldorf,' " says Freston. "It was painless. They took my blood the first day, and the next day they gave me an injection, and soon the pain I'd had for years was completely gone. I was worried something was wrong, it worked so fast." Soon after, Freston put away his cane and has not used it since.

For most of us, the body's worst enemy is time: Eventually everyone experiences some sort of chronic pain. "Pain stems from bad habits, like poor sitting posture, or overuse, and no one is really immune to it," says Wehling. Steroid shots and anti-inflammatory drugs like nsaids are the usual solutions, but their effects seldom last long. When those Band-Aids stop working, most people turn to surgery – like hip replacements or ACL repairs. But a number of recent studies suggest that surgery doesn't always work, either. What's more, in some cases the side effects and long periods of rehabilitation are worse than the presurgical pain. Now there's an alternative: a new crop of noninvasive treatments that use the body's own immune system to offer relief and are the harbinger of a new type of medicine.

Wehling developed his method after thinking long and hard about chronic pain. He was struck by the fact that when you X-ray the spines of 100 people, half might have disc problems, but only a fraction of those people ever suffer any actual pain. "It's my belief that the people experiencing pain are suffering from inflammation," Wehling says. "I wanted to figure out how to treat that." As we age, Wehling's thinking goes, our bodies become less capable of delivering our own anti-inflammatory properties to the sources of the pain. In other words, the body's natural repair system is stuck. He rolled out Regenokine in 1998 and has been improving it ever since. He's treated roughly 100,000 patients; over the past few years, he has licensed doctors in California and New York to perform the procedure.

Continued at: The Body That Heals Itself - How Regonikine Therapy Works - MensJournal.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This procedure may be able to heal the injury, but can he be active enough over the next 13 days to make weight, and be physically prepared for max performance in the biggest fight of his career? That's the real issue in play here.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Yep, that's my question too. I guess there is risk either way for Aldo---if he fights, his abilities might be significantly impaired (not just because of the rib, but because he might have a very difficult weight cut); if he waits, McGregor might lose to Mendes, and there goes the superfight.

On the other hand, if he waits AND McGregor beats Mendes, that would make for an even bigger payday. I hope that is what happens, because I want McGregor-Aldo and I want Aldo at peak form.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I was telling my dad about this. Gonna print and give to his doctors, poor fella can barely move anymore.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
What was edited?
Well I had to rebold the text from the article so it wouldn't be confused with my writing. I haven't reread the article, so I don't know if there are any changes in that. It was moderated by a moderator at around 4:50pm or 4:51pm. I just don't get why it was done at all.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
Why was my post edited by a mod?
Sorry, but there's been some late-breaking changes. Zuffa has contributed a decent sum of money to this site, and in exchange all they want is for everybody to get on board with a positive vibe about Zuffa. There's been so much negativity in MMA recently, and we really think this is the way to go. Your post was edited for good reasons---to keep MMA positive. Hope that helps, and sorry for any confusion.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I was telling my dad about this. Gonna print and give to his doctors, poor fella can barely move anymore.
It sounds incredible, for sure...I've got wrecked shoulders but I'm not rolling the dice with surgery. Maybe down the road this will become an option. I'll bet it's a pretty penny though...or maybe not?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Well I had to rebold the text from the article so it wouldn't be confused with my writing. I haven't reread the article, so I don't know if there are any changes in that. It was moderated by a moderator at around 4:50pm or 4:51pm. I just don't get why it was done at all.

I made the changes from bold to plain text Zeph, so I could promote on twitter and promote to article here. The bold text just makes articles like that look cluttered (in my opinion anyway).

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
It sounds incredible, for sure...I've got wrecked shoulders but I'm not rolling the dice with surgery. Maybe down the road this will become an option. I'll bet it's a pretty penny though...or maybe not?
I don't know. I'm gonna check and see if the V.A will pay or has an appeal process.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
This procedure may be able to heal the injury, but can he be active enough over the next 13 days to make weight, and be physically prepared for max performance in the biggest fight of his career? That's the real issue in play here.
Exactly. It seems that Aldo's main motivation at this point is to clear the AC's physical so that Mendes isn't brought in as a replacement, thus costing Jose millions of dollars.