Jose Aldo To Make Decision On If He Can Fight At UFC 189 On Tuesday

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

It looks like Tuesday we will get our answer as to whether or not Jose Aldo will compete as scheduled against Conor McGregor at UFC 189.

According to Aldo’s training partner Jonas Bilharinho, who was brought in specifically to mimic McGregor’s fighting style, Aldo is scheduled to train for the first time since suffering his reported rib injury this coming Tuesday. After training, Aldo will apparently make the decision.

“I think he will probably fight. And I hope so,” said Bilharinho on “The MMA Hour” atMMAFighting.com on Monday. “I will be with him on Tuesday to see what he’s capable of doing during training or not, but my opinion right now is that he’s going to fight. I’m going to be optimistic about it because Aldo wants this fight so bad. I think this fight will probably happen.”

Bilharinho last saw Aldo on Thursday and noted that the champ couldn’t even walk normally due to his rib injury.

“He was walking slowly to not feel the pain on the ribs,” he said. “It’s disturbing. You can’t punch, you can’t move, you can’t breathe, but the pain was still fresh. I don’t know right now. It’s probably better. If the pain got worse, he will probably don’t fight. But I think the fight is going to happen. I don’t think it will get any worse.

“It’s a little bit painful but there are some kinds of pain that we can hold during fights and there are some kinds of pain that we can’t hold. I hope that it’s one of the ones that we can hold. We will test him on Tuesday. Tuesday is the big day.”

Although Aldo won’t be 100-percent if and when he steps into the Octagon on July 11, Bilharinho is confident his teammate will get the job done.

“He’s very strong mentally. Once he decides to fight, the pain won’t be a problem,” he said. “I know he can beat Conor. He totally can beat Conor.

“Conor never fought someone like Aldo. Conor keeps saying ‘oh, he never fought someone like me’. Okay, but neither did him fight someone like Aldo. And he’s way more different than people who Conor fought. Aldo is so much better. I really want to see this fight. If he thinks he can fight, he should fight.”

LINK to full story: Jose Aldo To Make Decision On If He Can Fight At UFC 189 On Tuesday

Last edited:

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Money means alot, to bad it is money thats gonna probably cost Aldo the belt if he fights, to many fighters have said a rib injury takes alot more time than a week to heal. Its sad but thats what this sport has become

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He was walking slowly to not feel the pain on the ribs,” he said. “It’s disturbing. You can’t punch, you can’t move, you can’t breathe, but the pain was still fresh.
if he is hobbling around this week he wont be in any shape to defend his belt next week.he cant move or punch but he is supposed to show up and fight connor? no one moves like he moves.
there is still alot of money in a unification bout vs the winner of connor vs mendes,there is no gaurentee of a rematch if he fights injured and loses his belt. dana would do everything in his power to not give him a rematch if connor were to win the belt.they want macgreggor to be the champ more than anything or else they wouldnt be inventing an interim title for the plan B fight.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if he is hobbling around this week he wont be in any shape to defend his belt next week.he cant move or punch but he is supposed to show up and fight connor? no one moves like he moves.
there is still alot of money in a unification bout vs the winner of connor vs mendes,there is no gaurentee of a rematch if he fights injured and loses his belt. dana would do everything in his power to not give him a rematch if connor were to win the belt.they want macgreggor to be the champ more than anything or else they wouldnt be inventing an interim title for the plan B fight.
I agree with this, If conor gets the belt we will see him defend against Siver, the guy who sells the popcorn, a few hobos and a maybe even a security guard if they can find one that wont put up to much a fight.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I agree with this, If conor gets the belt we will see him defend against Siver, the guy who sells the popcorn, a few hobos and a maybe even a security guard if they can find one that wont put up to much a fight.
That's why they have Chad Mendes on deck to fight Conor right? Not a Security guard? The hate for Conor is amazing.

WoodenPupa

Feb 14, 2015
I hate the contradictory messages at hand here. Aldo's team is making a really big deal out of the injury and at the same time trying to paint this optimistic picture. It really seems like Dana is trying his best to keep people on the hook for as long as possible.

I'm perfectly happy with Mendes stepping in. Everybody should be, given that Conor isn't wrestle-tested thus far. And if he beats Mendes, the Aldo match will have unreal energy.

B17

Mar 15, 2015
This fight just has to happen. I will be so pissed if it doesnt. However, if it doesnt, Mendes will beat McGregor 100%.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's why they have Chad Mendes on deck to fight Conor right? Not a Security guard? The hate for Conor is amazing.
I agree with you but I'm assuming dacofty @dacofty is most definitely aiming his passionate hate towards the ZUFFA crew more than Conor himself.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Well i wouldnt call it hate. Id more call it special treatment from egg and swole. Mendes or Edger should be fighting for the title. And I would think the security guard might take him down a few times.

vermonter

May 15, 2015
This one has been hyped for so long I can't believe this is the only injury we've heard about.

I hope it happens. I'm excited for it. Maybe aldos injury will even them up a bit.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Lorenzo pretty much guaranteed a fight so its gonna happen, no telling how much he had to pay Aldo extra tho