Joseph Benavidez knows he had his last UFC title shot, but won't retire yet

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
1595211257693.png

Joseph Benavidez knows his championship aspirations won’t come to fruition – but he’s not willing to go out like he did at UFC on ESPN+ 30.

At the post-fight news conference following his first-round submission loss to Deiveson Figueiredo, an emotional Benavidez (28-7 MMA, 15-5 UFC) took to the podium to field questions from reporters. Breaking down several times during his answers, Benavidez gave insight on the emotions that come with a fourth UFC title shot loss.

“I’ve died freaking 100 times,” Benavidez told MMA Junkie. “What’s another death? It’s different because I know I did everything right in preparation. I didn’t take any shortcuts. I did everything right. … I felt good in there, honestly. I felt focused and present even with the no crowd. Fights go fast but I could see little movements felt focused.”

Despite the loss, Benavidez explained there’s a lot that he’s appreciative of. From his wife to his corners to being able to fight for a career, Benavidez ran through some of the positive aspects of his life....

Continue reading:

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
embarassing ass kicking, compounded by that being a rematch of the screwjob. has to hurt.
but joe is still a winner overall

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Anyone else find this shitty dwarf romance angle the UFC has tried to force down our throats actually extremely disturbing, considering the first fight?

Fighters are just disposable sacks of meat. They are the lowly mandingo slaves of Hollywood talent agents. They are there to be fed to the money machine and then spat out. For us, their job is to be human cockfighters that provide us all with momentary distractions from our worthless and meaningless lives as we march aimlessly towards the grave.

Humanizing them like this in order to try to sell an angle is even more sick. It only makes us realize what giant pieces of shit we all are for enabling it.

Having Olivi there in person to watch her husband's snuff film is just sick. You have to be pretty fucked up to want to watch a midget get cucked and outright murdered in front of his wife.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Anyone else find this shitty dwarf romance angle the UFC has tried to force down our throats actually extremely disturbing, considering the first fight?

Fighters are just disposable sacks of meat. They are the lowly mandingo slaves of Hollywood talent agents. They are there to be fed to the money machine and then spat out. For us, their job is to be human cockfighters that provide us all with momentary distractions from our worthless and meaningless lives as we march aimlessly towards the grave.

Humanizing them like this in order to try to sell an angle is even more sick. It only makes us realize what giant pieces of shit we all are for enabling it.

Having Olivi there in person to watch her husband's snuff film is just sick. You have to be pretty fucked up to want to watch a midget get cucked and outright murdered in front of his wife.