Josh Barnett leaves CSW for his own Gym

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

Jay Law
9 hrs ·
After many long and great years training under Erik Paulson at CSW I have made a decision to leave CSW and move further along my martial journey.

I have had wonderful times, great training, and learned many intricate and in depth elements in regards to MMA and grappling under Erik, but also in martial arts as a whole through the community around CSW. I have also had the opportunity to work with many professional and amateur fighters as well as taught and mentored many regular students for which I can say that I have learned much from the experience and from the interactions with those I met.

Over the years I have had some athletes come to me seeking mentorship and guidance and with my departure, they too have decide to follow me on to this next chapter.

I am not just a product of my own personal efforts but of the many amazing coaches and mentors I’ve been fortunate to work with in my life. As always I will strive to keep their knowledge alive within my competitions, teaching, and through my athletes. With that in mind our new team will continue to embody the roots of modern catch wrestling, shoot fighting, and professional wrestling from which my training lineage is descended.

We are UWF-USA

I thank Erik and all throughout the CSW network for all the great years and we all hope to see your continued success. It is a love that is beyond just gyms and rings.

Thank you,

Josh

Uwf-Usa | Facebook

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016

Jay Law
9 hrs ·
After many long and great years training under Erik Paulson at CSW I have made a decision to leave CSW and move further along my martial journey.

I have had wonderful times, great training, and learned many intricate and in depth elements in regards to MMA and grappling under Erik, but also in martial arts as a whole through the community around CSW. I have also had the opportunity to work with many professional and amateur fighters as well as taught and mentored many regular students for which I can say that I have learned much from the experience and from the interactions with those I met.

Over the years I have had some athletes come to me seeking mentorship and guidance and with my departure, they too have decide to follow me on to this next chapter.

I am not just a product of my own personal efforts but of the many amazing coaches and mentors I’ve been fortunate to work with in my life. As always I will strive to keep their knowledge alive within my competitions, teaching, and through my athletes. With that in mind our new team will continue to embody the roots of modern catch wrestling, shoot fighting, and professional wrestling from which my training lineage is descended.

We are UWF-USA

I thank Erik and all throughout the CSW network for all the great years and we all hope to see your continued success. It is a love that is beyond just gyms and rings.

Thank you,

Josh

Uwf-Usa | Facebook
In the spirit of Billy Robinson, Lou Thesz and Karl Gotch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z9rGwI6oRI

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He's skilled. He could definitely teach others.

That's about all that I can say while remaining positive.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I've been to CSW.

It would not surprise me in the least if his split with Erik has to do with his latest test result.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Good for josh .i hope both josh and Erik do well in the future

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016

Jay Law
9 hrs ·

We are UWF-USA

Thank you,

Josh

Uwf-Usa | Facebook
This was in the works for a while.
Wonder if Jake Shannon was/is involved. He's had that site, scientificwrestling.com, for years, and I think is good friends with Josh.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Go to the Cheater thread if you want to talk about that. Thanks for posting nothing that has to do with him opening this.
I appreciate your inside knowledge that you share, but you don't get to tell people where and what they can post.

And if you don't think the integrity of the guy running the new gym is relevant, I'm sure others do.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Aww come on thats fighter bashing... 27 times? more like 35 times
I don't know the exact amount but he has definitely failed more tests than any mma fighter I can think of ,he also did it over the course of 20 years.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
just do lesnar vs barnett. They both pissed hot and are coming off big wins.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
I appreciate your inside knowledge that you share, but you don't get to tell people where and what they can post.

And if you don't think the integrity of the guy running the new gym is relevant, I'm sure others do.
Just because you want to derail the thread based on your own misguided principles, doesn't mean you should. There's a thread dedicated to that topic, bitch about it there.

just do lesnar vs barnett. They both pissed hot and are coming off big wins.
I'd watch, specially since there is a bit of a feud there.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm surprised he didn't have his own gym 10 years ago. He's been a perennial top contender since he entered into MMA.
One of the rare well spoken analysts with wit, best of luck to him.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Any details about where the gym is going to be? The Facebook page linked does not say (just Southern California), and the website linked on the Facebook page is parked.

I hope Josh does well, he certainly has put his time in.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Any details about where the gym is going to be? The Facebook page linked does not say (just Southern California), and the website linked on the Facebook page is parked.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015

Jessamyn just said on her stream it's invite only and in the La Mirada UFC Gym currently.