Josh Emmett to appeal UFC on FOX 28 loss to Jeremy Stephens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Josh Emmett is not going to accept his controversial loss to Jeremy Stephens without an added effort.

The Team Alpha Male product will appeal the knockout defeat in the main event of UFC on FOX 28 on Saturday night with the Florida State Boxing Commission, his team informed MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani. Stephens threw what appeared to be an illegal knee and potentially two illegal elbows in the finishing sequence at Orlando’s Amway Center.

Josh Emmett to appeal UFC on FOX 28 loss to Jeremy Stephens

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
His orbital is all busted up...might need plates
Hope he doesn' come back like Koscheck did after busting his orbital. Koscheck was gun shy and visually scared of getting hit after.

Emmett has a lot of potential be a shame if he came back rattled

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hope he doesn' come back like Koscheck did after busting his orbital. Koscheck was gun shy and visually scared of getting hit after.

Emmett has a lot of potential be a shame if he came back rattled
can't see how it won't affect his fighting career

His ego just went from unbreakable to I got smashed in...I don't think you fully recover from that

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Did the knee do that?
no, most certainly the last elbow when emmit was completely limp did...you can see where it impacts and immediately starts a cut and blood flows

the first elbow was ok but the last one was just excessive and lots of guys don't throw that one

knee may have added to him being rocked but if it landed it was glancing off the skull not right on eye area

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
no, most certainly the last elbow when emmit was completely limp did...you can see where it impacts and immediately starts a cut and blood flows

the first elbow was ok but the last one was just excessive and lots of guys don't throw that one

knee may have added to him being rocked but if it landed it was glancing off the skull not right on eye area
So late stoppage for sure.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think the most important lesson here is that when grounded knees are allowed (and soccer kicks) there is NO recovering from getting rattled and dropped. Period.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think the most important lesson here is that when grounded knees are allowed (and soccer kicks) there is NO recovering from getting rattled and dropped. Period.
makes crappy takedown attempt a bad idea for sure

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'd even like to add that you don't even need to be rattled. You can just trip or lose your balance in a scramble and you have a 70% chance of being dead meat. It is a completely different sport without those options. And I hope that after so many years of people seeing that almost NO fights end because of elbow cuts that the consensus should be PRIDE Rules + Elbows for the win : )

glancing or not, an illegal strike is an illegal strike.
The problem is that there should only be rules from ufc 1 because a fight is just too crazy a thing to try and put a lot of strict rules on.

Last edited by a moderator:

MyrddinWild

Feb 15, 2018
Did the knee do that?
No the knee missed
glancing or not, an illegal strike is an illegal strike.
For sure, but the knee missed. it came down & touched him on the way down, but that's not what the rule is there to prevent. There's plenty of examples where something like that happens & it's considered normal... or not illegal. For instance Romero vs. Chris... Romero throws that big knee & then his leg falls down on top of the back of Weidmans head. That's considered circumstantial & not illegal.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If a strike misses, 4 points of contact wouldn't matter.
I don't know how familiar you are with illegal knee law. I have devoted my entire life to studying it. That right there is a great case off acquittal!

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
So late stoppage for sure.
It should have been stopped with the illegal elbows and made sure he was ok
No even a warning
Then he should have stopped it when the shin made contact with a grounded fighter
Not even a warning
Then it finally got stopped when he got killed

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
If a strike misses, 4 points of contact wouldn't matter.
The shin made contact to a grounded fighter
That counts as a kick to a grounded fighter which is illegal
People are getting this all messed up because they are saying it was a knee and the knee didn't make contact

YES, the knee missed, but the shin still glances off the head which makes it illegal

I still say it should not be overturned because of the refs faults
The ref decided at the time that all of these illegal shots were legal or he would have stopped it or given warnings

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
People are getting this all messed up because they are saying it was a knee and the knee didn't make contact

YES, the knee missed, but the shin still glances off the head which makes it illegal

The ref decided at the time that all of these illegal shots were legal or he would have stopped it or given warnings
3 points of contact when it's thrown. If that knee had exploded his brains everywhere it would have been legal

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Emmett will be laughed out of the appeals hearing as soon as he opens his mouth with that squeaky voice.