Josh Koscheck wants BJ Penn to come to Bellator for better matchups

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

BJ Penn had a rather disgraceful UFC return last January 15th. “The Prodigy”, who once dominated every opponent put in front of him, was battered into a second-round stoppage by 24-year-old fast-rising prospect Yair Rodriguez.

Former UFC veteran Josh Koscheck was one of the many who witnessed Penn’s beating and fourth consecutive loss. And based on what he saw, the TUF Season One alum believes things would be different if Penn was signed under Bellator.

"They fed BJ to the lions in that one," Koscheck told ESPN.com. "If BJ were to come to Bellator, they'd put him in a good matchup that is something exciting for the fans. I hated to see BJ in that kind of fight, taking that kind…

Koscheck: If Penn was in Bellator, he’d get better matchups

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
It may happen. the bellator matchmaker has deep ties to BJ. But then again BJ has 5 ufc gyms and I doubt they'll let him go help another brand.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
BJ never backed down from a challenge that didn't have cardio in the name, he wouldn't want to fight at a lower level I don't think.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
BJ never backed down from a challenge that didn't have cardio in the name, he wouldn't want to fight at a lower level I don't think.
Bellator is catching up. They don't have the depth but their top guys are no joke.

But like you say, it would look like he is backing down which has never been his style