General JRE is leaving youtube

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
For realz yo

You and I are obviously living in completely different mentalities/realities

Have a nice day
Doesn't mean we should be enemies though, right? Fed up with that lately, lol. I'm not the actual thunderc*nt everyone seems to think I am.

I like Patton for his reactions to Trump's daft silly tweets, he's funny.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I was the guy repeatedly searching for JRE on Spotify. Every time. Then I'd remember it was on iHeart.

So basically Joe owes me like $10k.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Ad wise I don't have to worry about because I've been paying Spotify for 10 or so years, but if he's moving his content in some up in arms anti ad thing he can ram it.
I'll probably be one of the people that's slow to adopt his new platform. so im bummed he's leaving but I didn't complain in his YT comments

I bet the majority of the people saying "OK. been nice knowing u" and stuff have already downloaded Spotify in advance of Sept 1 lol

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'll probably be one of the people that's slow to adopt his new platform. so im bummed he's leaving but I didn't complain in his YT comments

I bet the majority of the people saying "OK. been nice knowing u" and stuff have already downloaded Spotify in advance of Sept 1 lol
Have you noticed that the people who say they "used to listen to his show" post exactly like someone who eats up every episode?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
“We pay you, we need you to do X and Y and get rid of Z, k?”
If they get rid of all of the damned Navy Seals (Sorry but every episode feels the same regardless of which one is there) and Brendan then I'm in complete support of him selling out.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

You know me. Spotify is my life as soon as I get in a car, youtube at home I really can't do without either.

I've probably only watched 1 JRE all the way through and that was Professor Brian Cox because I'm a bit of a space junkie. I like him, I like that he's a hunter etc.

I don't like that he deleted his message board like no fucks given though. I wasn't a regular on there but I know a few people relied on each other there sobriety wise. To lose contact at a click of a finger must have been nasty.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
You know me. Spotify is my life as soon as I get in a car, youtube at home I really can't do without either.

I've probably only watched 1 JRE all the way through and that was Professor Brian Cox because I'm a bit of a space junkie. I like him, I like that he's a hunter etc.

I don't like that he deleted his message board like no fucks given though. I wasn't a regular on there but I know a few people relied on each other there sobriety wise. To lose contact at a click of a finger must have been nasty.
my favorites are with this wild dude Duncan trussel. tbe guy is a riot a d they always end up really high talking abut wild stuff. the universe. life. and ideas as living things and shit lol

it's good stuff

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Doesn't mean we should be enemies though, right? Fed up with that lately, lol. I'm not the actual thunderc*nt everyone seems to think I am.

I like Patton for his reactions to Trump's daft silly tweets, he's funny.
I am not your enemy frendo
I don't let peoples opinion of other people shape the way I interact or view anybody
Consider me a friend with a different way of thinking

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The story is he makes 100gr plus per episode. x200 episodes per year and this isn't really the big pay day it's being made out to be.
Oh I know it has been a huge earner for years
A 100 million dollar deal is nothing to dismiss though, Yuge chunk

I wonder how long the "deal" is for?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
he breaks it down in the first minute of the video

claims it will be "exact same show. I will not be an employee of Spotify. same crew" (licensing agreement)

no idea if Spotify has any influence on content but he's suggesting they don't
Won’t be the same show.....dollar bill yo.....”joe, we may need to curb some things here and there, but it’s all good as it’s covered in the 19,000 pages of terms and conditions....but don’t worry, we don’t foresee that being an issue”

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Have you noticed that the people who say they "used to listen to his show" post exactly like someone who eats up every episode?
really?
haven't noticed that myself

I listen to 1/15...that latest fight companion was pretty funny to listen to, finished it an hour ago.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
side note, the best part about rogans podcast for me is he is a very open minded person (except for a few blond spots). and more importantly, he's very chill and is great at accepting people despite having differences in opinion

I strive to be more like that. but have a ways to go, so its helpful to witness a more stable human than myself semi regularly as a reminder that i have flaws to work on

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I hear ya, but is he going to be controlled and have to be softened in his approach.....yes, he will
spotify has bounced some content creators I think
there is a line to toe most definitely
Joe has been aware of that line for a few years now

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
my favorites are with this wild dude Duncan trussel. tbe guy is a riot a d they always end up really high talking abut wild stuff. the universe. life. and ideas as living things and shit lol

it's good stuff
He can ramble that's for sure, he and I should be pals. I guess I'm missing the good stuff, I've only really watched Elon, Professor, Eddie Izard, Russel Brand where he just lights the touch paper and lets them ramble on for 3 hours while he nods his head a bit :D