VID JRE today LIVE NOW!!!!- Jon Jones: Redemption

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
P

Punch

I'm not getting what you're saying with the first two sentences. Could be my fault, but could you rephrase?

As for the coke head thing, we know Jon had a problem with substances. He tested positive for coke one time, and while I sincerely doubt he's telling the truth about that being the only time, we have no other reasons to believe that he actually was a "coke head". There are a ton of points in my life where I would have failed a drug test for coke if my employer decided to random me. Had I failed a test, it does not imply that I have a cocaine addiction. It's pure speculation on your part.

I just question the thought process in thinking that it's outlandish that he would remove a pot pipe from the car he just wrecked but completely plausible that he then went "oh shit I can't leave the cash! How can I get more coke if I don't have cash?" and ran back to get the cash. Which of those sounds like more of a stretch to you? You act like he had his entire fortune in that car.
You admitted to dui and that you would have failed a cocaine tests "a ton of times" in this thread.

I get why you're so defensive now.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm about halfway in and he just doesn't seem to have the greatest introspection on self destructive behavior. High risk for relapse of poor behavior.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
The thing is, he does. Because Conor doesn't waste his talents, sticks with the fight game, takes it seriously.
yea Conor's got different attributes to offer for sure. But if you look at how Jones came up, being the youngest champ, destroying legends. and how many title defense?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I'm not getting what you're saying with the first two sentences. Could be my fault, but could you rephrase?

As for the coke head thing, we know Jon had a problem with substances. He tested positive for coke one time, and while I sincerely doubt he's telling the truth about that being the only time, we have no other reasons to believe that he actually was a "coke head". There are a ton of points in my life where I would have failed a drug test for coke if my employer decided to random me. Had I failed a test, it does not imply that I have a cocaine addiction. It's pure speculation on your part.

I just question the thought process in thinking that it's outlandish that he would remove a pot pipe from the car he just wrecked but completely plausible that he then went "oh shit I can't leave the cash! How can I get more coke if I don't have cash?" and ran back to get the cash. Which of those sounds like more of a stretch to you? You act like he had his entire fortune in that car.
I was writing this with the notion that Jones is a coke head. If he's not, then what I wrote doesn't really mean much.

what I was trying to say was (again, this was with my mis-understanding Jones is a raging coke head), Jones is changing his story because in his head he's trying to measure which story will less likely damage his already damaged image. So he's weighing out the story options of 'go back to the car for a bowl,' vs 'go back to the car to get cash to buy coke'.
I'm just saying going back to the Car for cash to buy coke is more believable (again, I thought Jones was a raging coke head cuz if cokehead already made up his mind to go buy coke, he's going to buy coke.) and I'm presuming that in Jones's mind, being known as a coke head Christian is way more harsher damage to his image than being known as the pot-head Christian. (and that's another reason why I think he came on JRE to emphasize his weed use much more)
I'm sure I'm way off with my assessment that now I'm finding out Jones is not a coke-head??? But this story is still the BULL in the SHIT of BullShit. Jon Jones want us to believe he wasn't too far away from the car cuz all he said was he stepped out of the car. (Different value to the story based on how far did Jon walked away from the car before returning).

What I mean by his hit-and-run mode is that his mind is already in the process of running away (from the crime scene) and (this is where I'm confused) he really went back to the car at this point to remove the bowl from his car? (ok, hit and run vs driving high, which is worse?) I'm saying if that is true, it wasn't the bowl he returned for. It was the cash, to buy the coke cuz weighing out the consequences, stack of cash to buy coke will look so much worse after Jones is known to party and do lots of coke than if he had a weed pipe with some resin on it.

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
You admitted to dui and that you would have failed a cocaine tests "a ton of times" in this thread.

I get why you're so defensive now.
Smoking while driving and occasional past cocaine use have nothing to do with me thinking his assessment of the situation was ridiculous. I'm not defending anything; I'm just saying that's not how people work.

Doesn't matter though. You just wanted to shoehorn your point. Point taken.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I was writing this with the notion that Jones is a coke head. If he's not, then what I wrote doesn't really mean much.

what I was trying to say was (again, this was with my mis-understanding Jones is a raging coke head), Jones is changing his story because in his head he's trying to measure which story will less likely damage his already damaged image. So he's weighing out the story options of 'go back to the car for a bowl,' vs 'go back to the car to get cash to buy coke'.
I'm just saying going back to the Car for cash to buy coke is more believable (again, I thought Jones was a raging coke head cuz if cokehead already made up his mind to go buy coke, he's going to buy coke.) and I'm presuming that in Jones's mind, being known as a coke head Christian is way more harsher damage to his image than being known as the pot-head Christian. (and that's another reason why I think he came on JRE to emphasize his weed use much more)
I'm sure I'm way off with my assessment that now I'm finding out Jones is not a coke-head??? But this story is still the BULL in the SHIT of BullShit. Jon Jones want us to believe he wasn't too far away from the car cuz all he said was he stepped out of the car. (Different value to the story based on how far did Jon walked away from the car before returning).

What I mean by his hit-and-run mode is that his mind is already in the process of running away (from the crime scene) and (this is where I'm confused) he really went back to the car at this point to remove the bowl from his car? (ok, hit and run vs driving high, which is worse?) I'm saying if that is true, it wasn't the bowl he returned for. It was the cash, to buy the coke cuz weighing out the consequences, stack of cash to buy coke will look so much worse after Jones is known to party and do lots of coke than if he had a weed pipe with some resin on it.
You're just making a lot of assumptions. I'm not buying Jones' story, I'm just questioning your thought process. Nobody but a speculating fan will hold cash being in his car against him by attributing it to cocaine. He could be lying about the whole thing, but that's not my point. The hit and run is bad. Let's focus on that rather than making assumptions about cocaine with nothing to back them.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
So your sticking up for the guy who admittedly "wasn't ready to drive" and had a "bowl" that he "hadn't been smoking"... and then ran a Yield sign...blasted a Car with Preg lady....alll this at early AM hours?...and then left the scene and ran back to "grab only a bowl of weed"(off duty officer says otherwise in testimony)??
Are you serious bro?
Nothing adds up....
Literally nothing.
Tell me how I was sticking up for him. Point it out. What Jon did was terrible, and he deserved the punishment he got or worse.

This had nothing to do with Jones. I was saying that the assumption made by the person I quoted (that the cash in his car was obviously for coke) had no backing, and it didn't.

Last edited:

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
In the court documents from the ped hearing the teammate was already named as Eric Blasich. Eric needed to provide a receipt for the dick pills to show when they were purchased. Now he mentions the girlfriend being a pharmacist and tons of narcotics laying around? Sounds like he lied in court, again, and he is throwing his teammate under the bus, plus the girlfriend could now lose here license and face criminal charges.
This changes everything. Thanks for the information.

Nemo?

Too weird to live, too rare to die.
Dec 2, 2015
The hardest part of that podcast was how he kept referring to himself as a "boy"... A "party boy".

Just own the shit and move the fuck on or else his career is done and he will sweep right through his retirement funds.