Julianna Pena calls Holly Holm ‘Buster Douglas of MMA’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Most of the mixed martial arts world was impressed with Valentina Shevchenko’s victory over Holly Holm last July.

Don’t count Julianna Pena among them.

The outspoken Ultimate Fighter 18 winner, who meets Shevchenko the main event of UFC on FOX 23 Saturday night in Denver, compared Holm’s place in the sport to the boxer who scored a legendary upset over a prime Mike Tyson in 1990.

Just as Douglas lost to Tyson, then promptly lost the belt and faded into obscurity, Pena believes Holm’s legacy is as the woman who beat Ronda Rousey for the UFC women’s bantamweight belt, then went on a downward spiral.

“She beat the Buster Douglas of MMA,” Pena told MMA Fighting. “So what? Buster Douglas had his one moment against Mike Tyson and then he lost every other big fight he was in. Holly, she had her moment against Ronda, she beat Ronda, and now they’re giving her another title fight even though she lost two fights in a row. Who else did she beat besides Ronda? No one. She’s this sport’s Buster Douglas.”

Julianna Pena not impressed with Valentina Shevchenko’s win over ‘Buster Douglas of MMA’

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
First of all, Sevchenkos victory wasn't all that exciting. Nothing that said, "the next big thing", a forgettable fight. As for Pena, She has wins over who? Zingano with a 2-2 UFC record, And Jessica Eye with a 1-4 UFC record. At least Holly beat the champ, while Pena beat fighters with less than stellar UFC records. Holms UFC record is still better than the opposition Pena has faced.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
Who the hell are you Julianna?

Oh, right, you're a nobody with a big mouth.

Hope Nunes knocks her block off.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
First of all, Sevchenkos victory wasn't all that exciting. Nothing that said, "the next big thing", a forgettable fight. As for Pena, She has wins over who? Zingano with a 2-2 UFC record, And Jessica Eye with a 1-4 UFC record. At least Holly beat the champ, while Pena beat fighters with less than stellar UFC records. Holms UFC record is still better than the opposition Pena has faced.
Who is she then?

Buster leg?

Thanks.

I'm here all the time
Who the hell are you Julianna?

Oh, right, you're a nobody with a big mouth.

Hope Nunes knocks her block off.
Stop all you haters .. Actually i hate her too , but she is gonna win against Valentina and then against Nunes.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

For some reason that cinnamon girl reminded me of this grapefruit video. The noise this woman makes is bloody terrifying.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
Who the fuck is she? Riddick Bowe? Getting in to stupid drama and fist fights?

She talks like Buster was a jobber the rest of his career. He lost to evander hollyfield and then didn't fight for six years! He got fat and I think had management problems......

Whatever, with Rousey down and out I guess Pena picked up the batton of saying stupid shit to get attention. She hates Ronda so much but wants to be her so bad.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Who the fuck is she? Riddick Bowe? Getting in to stupid drama and fist fights?

She talks like Buster was a jobber the rest of his career. He lost to evander hollyfield and then didn't fight for six years! He got fat and I think had management problems......

Whatever, with Rousey down and out I guess Pena picked up the batton of saying stupid shit to get attention. She hates Ronda so much but wants to be her so bad.
And Buster Douglas will be remembered, Pena? we have to see about that...

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
She's just made Holly got a shot a Rousey, period..what does it say about her that she pouts cuz she didn't get to retire Honda

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I'm really quite sick of hearing (or reading) what this chick has to say. She's probably one of the most entitled fighters ever.