Lifestyle Just another random story that still makes me giggle.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Back in the day, I worked at McCormick and Schmicks on Chestnut St in Chicago. Just around the corner, there is a Bentley dealership. M/S gave them free reign to park new arrivals in front of the restaurant, since if you're looking for lunch, and some place has a couple Bentley's parked in front, the assumption would be that the place was pretty good.

The GM was a fucking hick douchebag named Bayliss. We didn't get along. He was a giant fucking shitbag pussy. I showed up every day about 30 minutes early, not trying to kiss anyone's ass, it was just how the train schedule got me into the city. We had the little triangle napkins folds on our tables. Like this:

I was super OCD about them. I wanted the tables in my sections to have the crispest napkins in the place. Any limp shitty folds, got replaced. Yeah, I'd jack shit off other people's table's. I didn't care, I wanted my tables to look perfect. Most of the other servers, they didn't give a fuck, so fuck them.

Almost every day, even when I get there early and make sure that everything in my section is immaculate, after I went and changed, I'd come down and fucking stupid Bayliss would be standing there and I'd hear some stupid shit like "You're missing a fork on table 21"

No I'm not you fucking cunt. I made sure my shit was perfect, I'm here early, I haven't even clocked in, and you already just being a stupid fucking dick.

Again, I am getting off track. My apologies.

This day the national weather service had issued a PDS warning for Chicago. A particularly dangerous situation. Being the storm nerd that I am, I'm super excited, and checking the radar everytime I can. Then the line of storms starts rolling in. Just a giant huge bow echo of red and purple happiness. This was going to be fun, even if I was working.

I bring this up to that fucking hick, and make the suggestion that we break down the patio and he says 'It'll probably just blow over". Fucking idiot.

When the line of storms start rolling in, it looks like boiling liquid midnight. Still Bayliss says don't worry about it.

There ended up being wind gusts with this storm front that were almost 100 mph. Some of that wind came right down Chestnut St. If you don't know what hurricane force winds do to umbrellas, I'll tell you. They turn them into projectiles. One of our patio umbrellas ended up smashing the windshield of a $650K Bentley that was parked in front.

I didn't say a word. I didn't have to. But if I ever gave someone a look that screamed "I told you so, you fucking hick". It was right then.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Its not the storm that makes me laugh. It's the look on his face when the hostess told him about how one of the umbrellas just smashed the Bently's windshield. It's the definitive "i told you so" moment of my life.

And the storm was pretty gnarly even without providing me with such happiness.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I didn't say a word.
It's better that way. He knew. You knew. You not saying anything probably pissed him off even more.

I probably would have let out a sarcastic "Wow. I wonder how that happened" because sometimes I can't control myself.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Never been in a Bentley. If I do I'm gonna get in a bulletproof one