Just curious re: deletion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
When stuff is deleted from the forum here, is there an auto notification like when someone responds?

Fett_Loadin76

That one guy that did that one thing
Jan 24, 2015
Our you talking about if someone deletes a post, do you get a notice telling you why it was deleted? If so, yes you get a reason for the deletion.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i had a thread title changed by a mod and got a respectful email detailing why

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When stuff is deleted from the forum here, is there an auto notification like when someone responds?
If we choose to leave a message, it will flag you a notification with why its deleted. If you ever have an issue, just message a mod and we'll look into it. Things are recoverable.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah mods can "choose" to have a reason and from the few mod editing I've done, I've included a reason as well as have messaged the person involved letting them know.

Reason why you ask OP?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
for what it's worth, i've probably had the most post deleted, and I'm a mod :)

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dougie is either about to go on a scat rampage or is spying for the dark side.
Actually, no. I mean, who doesn't like a good scat rampage but I've just noticed that threads have been altered, deleted, and locked etc with no warning or explanation.

While I can understand the reasoning behind most of them and I agree, I was under the impression that part of the reason for this forum was so that MODS would be more accountable when they did things.

I was under the impression that when events occurred people would be told why and the person doing would be the one explaining.