just got a kitty TME

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Thinking of rescuing a Bengal mix this weekend. In for cat tips
Like BS said Bengals are very social cats, but they need to be the center of attention. I wouldn't recommend a Bengal for people with multiple cats.

They are also one of the few domestic cat breeds that likes water, so you could see if he/she wants to swim.

CursedHand

Oct 25, 2015
My ex rescued quite a few stray kittens over the years, so I had to learn to nurse them.
For the first couple days it's quite confusing for them, so they'll be crying a lot. After they get used to you, they won't want you to leave them alone.
We used to have them sleep in a box next to our bed while they're still kittens, make it nice and cosy and put an old shirt of yours or your gf's in the box with them, too.
You can see if they are still wanting to suckle by testing with your little finger tip.
I used to use a special kitten milk from the pet store which was a formula you mix with boiling water (but make sure temperature is only warm before feeding).
After feeding, if he's burping/got the hiccups I would burp it like you would a child. After this you use a wet wipe and then gently rub its butt to encourage it to go to the toilet (the mother cat does this with its tongue). If it's about 30 days old, you may not have to do this. Put him in the litter tray after a meal and see if he'll go on his own.
Keep the litter tray nearby at first and, as he becomes more mobile, just move it closer and closer to where you eventually want it to be. If he starts peeing outside the tray, just quickly pop him into it, he'll soon get the idea.
As it's about a month old, you can start introducing wet kitten food over the next couple weeks to try and wean him off the bottle. Eventually he'll decide on his own he only wants the food and will decline the bottle when offered.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
thanks everybody. good news:

the cat was seen by a veterinarian yesterday and it's alright. doc gave it an estimated 20 days of age and said it's a male cat. apparently he's a phenom for using the litterbox so spontaneously at such an young age.

she gave us a recipe to bottle feed him and the motherfucker suckled it like there was no tomorrow. I tried to make a video of him for the community but he kept me busy I'm gonna try it later today.

again thank you so much everybody who helped!

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
thanks everybody. good news:

the cat was seen by a veterinarian yesterday and it's alright. doc gave it an estimated 20 days of age and said it's a male cat. apparently he's a phenom for using the litterbox so spontaneously at such an young age.

she gave us a recipe to bottle feed him and the motherfucker suckled it like there was no tomorrow. I tried to make a video of him for the community but he kept me busy I'm gonna try it later today.

again thank you so much everybody who helped!
Great news :)

What was the recipe?

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
sorry this was my attempt at embedding a vid from facebook but it carried personal info from my girl and her sisters...

the notebook cam is designed only for the person who's using it to send kinky photos, not for regular people to film stuff that's in front of them and I'm not a hipster so I don't have a phone that does much else other than call people and write messages.

still trying to provide the community a video of this motherfucker.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
sorry this was my attempt at embedding a vid from facebook but it carried personal info from my girl and her sisters...

the notebook cam is designed only for the person who's using it to send kinky photos, not for regular people to film stuff that's in front of them and I'm not a hipster so I don't have a phone that does much else other than call people and write messages.

still trying to provide the community a video of this motherfucker.
vidme - simple video upload

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Might have to get a cat instead of a dog in the new place we are buying.

Fuck.....

British Bulldog vs Cat for a townhouse?