General Just ran four miles in EXTREME heat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
And I’m back home, cooling down so I can get back to work in a bit. I ran in the goddamn street in the full sun. I’m amazing and yes, this is definitely thread-worthy. Four miles in thirty-three minutes, which is nothing to brag about until you consider the elements and my overall mediocre condition.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
I do it almost every day with a sweatshirt on in So. Fl. 3 miles though. Good on you. It always feels good to be done. I listen to podcasts and make a protein shake after.

I put on about 6lbs from our vacation. Just changed a couple things and lost 12 lbs.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I do it almost every day with a sweatshirt on in So. Fl. 3 miles though. Good on you. It always feels good to be done. I listen to podcasts and make a protein shake after.

I put on about 6lbs from our vacation. Just changed a couple things and lost 12 lbs.
Yep, I was listening to Max Lugavere’s podcast. Not too much of a fan of that guy. I think that’s my last listen to him.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Lol you’re crazy running in that heat but great work going 4!

You think about running before work at like 5am? It feels great - gets the blood flowing - you are more alert and on point the remainder of the day iMO.

Outstanding job though!

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Yep, I was listening to Max Lugavere’s podcast. Not too much of a fan of that guy. I think that’s my last listen to him.
Mine are
Jordan Harbinger usually his Feedback Fridays. He answers listeners questions. I find it interesting. If he is an interesting guest on his normal days I listen as he has some good guests and life hacks. I have to ignore his liberalism though. He doesn't go on about it but it's there.
Chael
Casefile
Cold Case Files

Also but second tier
Serial Killer Podcast
22 Hours (Haven't actually started this one yet)

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Love that feeling, you should sign up for a 10K.
Last 10K I ran was on Thanksgiving like 15 years ago. I had vowed to NOT get competitive, but to just run easy and enjoy it. I ended up basically sprinting the last half mile, to the best of my very limited ability.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Mine are
Jordan Harbinger usually his Feedback Fridays. He answers listeners questions. I find it interesting. If he is an interesting guest on his normal days I listen as he has some good guests and life hacks. I have to ignore his liberalism though. He doesn't go on about it but it's there.
Chael
Casefile
Cold Case Files

Also but second tier
Serial Killer Podcast
22 Hours (Haven't actually started this one yet)
I change from time to time, but lately I have been listening to Conan O'Brien's podcast and a bunch of health podcasts, such as Peter Attia's, Ben Greenfield's, Best Known Method, etc.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I can attest to how hot it was.
He capitalized the word "EXTREME"

By that fact alone, you know he isn't exagerrating.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Wtf. You cutting weight for a fight?
Nope. Basically, I harkened back to Martin Lawrence and figured if it was good enough for him, it’s good enough for me.

Actor Martin Lawrence Comes Out of Coma
Actor Martin Lawrence regained consciousness Wednesday after slipping into a coma brought on by severe heat exhaustion while exercising, according to doctors at Los Robles Regional Medical Center.

Lawrence, 34, star of the television show “Martin” and films such as “Life,” “Bad Boys” and “Nothing to Lose,” collapsed and slipped into a coma Sunday after returning to his Westlake Village home from a jog.

Doctors listed the actor in critical but stable condition and said they are encouraged by his progress.

Lawrence is alert and responsive, but his breathing is still being aided by a ventilator, which is preventing him from speaking, hospital officials said.

“He’s becoming more and more responsive, and we’re very encouraged that he’s come out of his coma,” said hospital spokeswoman Kris Carraway-Bowman at a news conference Wednesday. “But this is going to be a day-by-day thing. . . . We’ll know more as time goes on.”

Lawrence left his home about 11:30 a.m. Sunday for an hourlong run through his neighborhood, Carraway-Bowman said. At the time, temperatures in the Conejo Valley were approaching 100 degrees.

A family member became concerned when Lawrence didn’t return and went to look for him. Lawrence was found on his lawn, slumped over, moaning and having difficulty breathing, officials said.

By the time paramedics arrived, Lawrence was unconscious.

When he arrived at the hospital his temperature was about 107 degrees, and doctors worked to cool his body with cold water, ice and fans, Carraway-Bowman said.

“He was in very critical and unstable condition when he arrived,” she said.

When the body becomes overheated, muscles begin to break down into proteins, which then flow through the blood, doctors say. The kidney, which cleans the blood, becomes clogged with the proteins, which can cause a coma and result in death.

Extreme overheating can also cause permanent kidney, brain and cardiac damage.

Doctors said Lawrence is experiencing kidney problems, but are unsure if they will be permanent.

Other tests showed no brain or heart damage.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
An ill-timed, ill-outfitted jog--in 100-degree heat, in heavy clothing--is being blamed for bringing comic actor Martin Lawrence to the brink of death.

The oft-troubled star remains in critical condition in a Los Angeles-area hospital, battling back from extreme heat exhaustion and dehydration that put him into a three-day coma. This morning, his prognosis was said to be "very encouraging."

"He woke up, he was alert, he was following commands," said Kris Carraway-Bowman, spokeswoman for Los Robles Regional Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California. "His eyes were focusing, so that was very encouraging."

Drugs were not involved in Lawrence's collapse, stress officials at Los Robles. They say it was simply a matter of the comic pushing himself to jog in triple-digit heat in order to shed pounds for an upcoming movie, Fox's Big Momma's House, scheduled to begin shooting in October.

"He was doing what he saw fighters do," Carraway-Bowman told reporters. "He put on several layers of heavy clothing..."

Not a good move, as it turned out. Lawrence, 34, was near death and running a body temperature of a seemingly impossible 107 degrees when he was admitted to Los Robles on Sunday. Said one nursing official of Lawrence's temperature: "...That's not very compatible with life. He's a very lucky man."

Lawrence emerged from the coma on Tuesday. His breathing is being assisted by a respirator. On the plus side, a brain scan showed no permanent damage and kidney dialysis will not be needed as first feared.

The stricken actor, who starred in the long-running Fox sitcom, Martin, was discovered by his girlfriend on the doorstep of his home, moaning and struggling for breath. She immediately called 911.

The actor's camp has not yet issued a statement.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
Just finished mine after the gym. I sit in the garage with a fan for my cool down. Been rainy weather for a week. No sun today and I’m still soaked with sweat. This fan isn’t doing well today.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Just finished mine after the gym. I sit in the garage with a fan for my cool down. Been rainy weather for a week. No sun today and I’m still soaked with sweat. This fan isn’t doing well today.
What time did you go? I thought it was nice out until about noon? I was inside work without windows from 530am until 2pm.

Never_Rolled

First 10,000
Dec 17, 2018
What time did you go? I thought it was nice out until about noon?
Literally just finished. Still on my cool down. Usually on a gym day I have a protein shake in between. Today I said fuck it and just went. Now my dinner and all will be screwed up since I still need a protein shake.