Just....why????

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

xfitmeetsgrappling

May 17, 2017
Hey y'all, I'm new here so this is my first topic outside of my intro.

So here's a really weird story...

I literally just got back from the gym, it's around 5:30 here so I finished working out at the gym at around 5:14 or w/e. The entire time I was there today, there were at least - I KID YOU NOT - 5 men staring at me...just straight up staring at me while I was doing my squats and deadlifts, I thought I had something on my pants, if my shirt was on backwards.....w/e. But no...nothing was wrong, and yet literally EVERYONE stopped what they were doing just to stare at me. It was pretty distracting and confusing to say the least haha...

Then finally I walk up to one of them and just go like, "Can I help you???? Why exactly is everyone staring at me?????" And he just goes "Yeah, we're trying to decide if you're a male-to-female." I just laughed in disbelief and went off on him..... I was SO pissed. His argument was that girls shouldn't be lifting such heavy weights because they make us look too manly.... and my argument was that he needs to grow up and learn what century it is, and that he was jealous that I could probably out-squat him haha. UGH I wanted to kick his ass so badly...

So ... guys, what are y'all thinking whenever/if you're staring at a girl lifting "heavy" weights? And WHY exactly do you guys stare?
And girls, what are your thoughts whenever you're being stared at by 15 different people?

Thanks!

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to vent and see what y'all thought haha

- Brynn

Last edited:

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Hey y'all, I'm new here so this is my first topic outside of my intro.

So here's a really weird story...

I literally just got back from the gym, it's around 5:30 here so I finished working out at the gym at around 5:14 or w/e. The entire time I was there today, there were at least - I KID YOU NOT - 5 men staring at me...just straight up staring at me while I was doing my squats and deadlifts, I thought I had something on my pants, if my shirt was on backwards.....w/e. But no...nothing was wrong, and yet literally EVERYONE stopped what they were doing just to stare at me. It was pretty distracting and confusing to say the least haha...

Then finally I walk up to one of them and just go like, "Can I help you???? Why exactly is everyone staring at me?????" And he just goes "Yeah, we're trying to decide if you're a male-to-female." I just laughed in disbelief and went off on him..... I was SO pissed. His argument was that girls shouldn't be lifting such heavy weights because they make us look too manly.... and my argument was that he needs to grow up and learn what century it is, and that he was jealous that I could probably out-squat him haha. UGH I wanted to kick his ass so badly...

So ... guys, what are y'all thinking whenever/if you're staring at a girl lifting "heavy" weights? And WHY exactly do you guys stare?
And girls, what are your thoughts whenever you're being stared at by 15 different people?

Thanks!

Sorry for the rant, I just wanted to vent and see what y'all thought haha

- Brynn
I personally think it's ok to look at what another person is doing in the gym for a minute, because I have learned a ton that way - like noticing the way someone uses a machine I never tried before. But just staring like that for so long is plain rude. People should not be made to feel self-conscious when working out. It's actually kind of mean and inconsiderate.

The truth is, any of those guys could have struck up a friendly conversation with you and chatted about your routine. They would have learned more and possibly made a friend. Instead, they stared rudely and then blurted out something to make you feel more uncomfortable and self-conscious.

I vote they are either really dumb, really mean, or both. Hopefully you can find a gym with a better culture to suit your style. Imo that kind of behavior should not be acceptable.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Typically men can't handle alpha women. Especially pussy men like those guys. I love women who push it hard in the gym. I've been to the gym a few times myself also.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In a totally respectful way......

I will say...

Attractive Woman lifting heavy weight is totally hot and very attractive to me personally...doing squats is even more so....I would not stare uncomfortably but it is natural to be distracted by such things IMO

If you have very large or strong legs and Glutes you are in a rare area of attractive and strong humans...that is a blessing and a curse I reckon...you will be superior and useful when strength is needed...but the spectacle of your glorious body may draw excessive attentions.

Lift heavy IMO...A physically strong and attractive woman is rare and IMO Impressive.

Judging by your avatar you may be above their league in their minds...Guys don't really know what to say usually in that case.

I would take it as a compliment.

Hope I am being respectful enough.

Enjoy

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Typically men can't handle alpha women. Especially pussy men like those guys. I love women who push it hard in the gym. I've been to the gym a few times myself also.
This dude lives in Gyms I think, probably has more hours in Gyms than this forum combined....I have to work out on my own or I get distracted

xfitmeetsgrappling

May 17, 2017
Need more pics before I can provide you with an intelligent response...
Haha, what exactly do you mean?

I personally think it's ok to look at what another person is doing in the gym for a minute, because I have learned a ton that way - like noticing the way someone uses a machine I never tried before. But just staring like that for so long is plain rude. People should not be made to feel self-conscious when working out. It's actually kind of mean and inconsiderate.

The truth is, any of those guys could have struck up a friendly conversation with you and chatted about your routine. They would have learned more and possibly made a friend. Instead, they stared rudely and then blurted out something to make you feel more uncomfortable and self-conscious.

I vote they are either really dumb, really mean, or both. Hopefully you can find a gym with a better culture to suit your style. Imo that kind of behavior should not be acceptable.
Yeah, I used to look at others' forms to learn from them and correct my own mistakes too. Thanks for seeing it my way!! It wasn't like I was self-conscious; I know my form is good and I know what I'm doing and I'm confident with every inch of my body. I'm used to people giving me weird looks (just because of how my body is) whenever I walk in, but it just bothered the crap outta me because they were staring for so long and I didn't know what they were staring at haha... And yeah, they prolly are all of the above that you mentioned! I've been going to that gym for years, and I visit there when I'm not at my usual CrossFit gym. For some reason, I haven't run into these losers until today :neutral:

HAHAHAHA :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: thanks for saying what I wanted to say!! That's exactly the word I'd used to describe those idiots to my sister. Thanks for the compliment =)

In a totally respectful way......

I will say...

Attractive Woman lifting heavy weight is totally hot and very attractive to me personally...doing squats is even more so....I would not stare uncomfortably but it is natural to be distracted by such things IMO

If you have very large or strong legs and Glutes you are in a rare area of attractive and strong humans...that is a blessing and a curse I reckon...you will be superior and useful when strength is needed...but the spectacle of your glorious body may draw excessive attentions.

Lift heavy IMO...A physically strong and attractive woman is rare and IMO Impressive.

Judging by your avatar you may be above their league in their minds...Guys don't really know what to say usually in that case.

I would take it as a compliment.

Hope I am being respectful enough.

Enjoy
Haha thanks for the compliment! =) I really appreciate it! As progressive as my home state is, I guess seeing chicks who lift is still a culture shock????:rolleyes::rolleyes: And I don't know about the out-of-their-league thing, but even if that were true....come on guys....LOL where's your class????

P.S.: That's actually the first time in a while anyone has given me a compliment about my looks, body, etc. without sounding like a total creepy jerkoff haha ;)

P.P.S.: So you CAN see my profile pic?

To ALL of y'all, thanks for the support! =) I'm still steaming and bewildered about today, but I'm glad to find people who accept my lifestyle and whom I can be comfortable with.

Yuki Nakai's Eye

Slow in the head, Quick in bed
Sep 2, 2015
Haha, what exactly do you mean?.
Making a joke by giving the typical internet creep response. But I think the other responses hit the nail on the head. Combination of some being jealous and some being mouth breathers who can't act properly around a good looking young lady.

Although you could be gross looking, maybe they were in shock. See? No way to know without more pics!

I kid. I already have two Internet girlfriends ( gangsterkathryn @gangsterkathryn ; Shinkicker @Shinkicker) so I'm doing pretty well.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I will say I am curious how much you squat.
And also curious as to your physical description.

for example:
I am 6'0" 190lbs
15% bodyfat at the moment...used to be shredded like a julienne salad though...Winter diet was crappy this year

I really don't want to see pics. Because I also am not interested in anymore internet girlfriends.

You know cross fit athlete and champ annie thorisdotter? I got a crush on her something fierce.

xfitmeetsgrappling

May 17, 2017
Making a joke by giving the typical internet creep response. But I think the other responses hit the nail on the head. Combination of some being jealous and some being mouth breathers who can't act properly around a good looking young lady.

Although you could be gross looking, maybe they were in shock. See? No way to know without more pics!

I kid. I already have two Internet girlfriends ( gangsterkathryn @gangsterkathryn ; Shinkicker @Shinkicker) so I'm doing pretty well.
Hahaha you guys crack me up! =) Yeah I was getting kinda worried for a second there haha

I will say I am curious how much you squat.
And also curious as to your physical description.

for example:
I am 6'0" 190lbs
15% bodyfat at the moment...used to be shredded like a julienne salad though...Winter diet was crappy this year

I really don't want to see pics. Because I also am not interested in anymore internet girlfriends.

You know cross fit athlete and champ annie thorisdotter? I got a crush on her something fierce.
Haha I have no serious problem posting just one pic of myself. I know how to protect my privacy, but I'm not even all that worried with a community like this! I'll prolly post 1 or 2 in the near future as I get down to posting in the grappling board for tips and advice =)

I'm 5'9'' and weigh a proud 165 pounds! And I have no idea what my body fat content is because I'm not competing in bodybuilding competitions anymore and don't give a flying f*** anymore haha

Thanks for all the warm replies y'all!

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Hahaha you guys crack me up! =) Yeah I was getting kinda worried for a second there haha

Haha I have no serious problem posting just one pic of myself. I know how to protect my privacy, but I'm not even all that worried with a community like this! I'll prolly post 1 or 2 in the near future as I get down to posting in the grappling board for tips and advice =)

I'm 5'9'' and weigh a proud 165 pounds! And I have no idea what my body fat content is because I'm not competing in bodybuilding competitions anymore and don't give a flying f*** anymore haha

Thanks for all the warm replies y'all!
Nice...I reckon they were intimidated then.
Your tall and strong and if that is your pic in the avatar then you are also attractive.

Enjoy

ronniejohnson09

Aug 2, 2022
You're doing right at that time but in my opinion, those guys wouldn't be able to lift heavy weights as much as you were. So they were feeling jealous of you. But You did a very amazing job to ask them why they were staring at you. But TBH the girl lifting heavy weights literally attracts boys a lot. That was a natural phenomenon and their statement represent that they are really impressed by you as you were doing squats and lifting heavy weights. That is quite rare. I think staring at a girl really makes her confused so everyone should avoid that kind of activity. By the way, The male trainers and trainees should encourage the girls who have so craze for fitness and health. In the end, I would like to advise you that you should not quit it at any cost. Just face them strongly and go ahead. The sky is the limit.