General Justice for George?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"Trayvon Martin was a teenager who was returning from a trip to the store to buy candy..."

LoL.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Is that not true?
yes. but it's disingenuous to ignore that his criminal past and the adult nature of his prior crimes. saying he was just a teenager getting candy makes it appear that Zimmerman was more of a sociopath than he actually turned out to be. Not a lot more, but to a meaningful degree.

he was slinging drugs, getting in fights, and musing about buying a gun in the weeks and months before his confrontation Zimmerman.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
yes. but it's disingenuous to ignore that his criminal past and the adult nature of his prior crimes. saying he was just a teenager getting candy makes it appear that Zimmerman was more of a sociopath than he actually turned out to be

None of that matters unless Zimmerman was aware of his past or he was involved in those activities at that time.

To my understanding, at best, trayvon went to get some candy, was tailed by neighborhood watch gone rogue, trayvon freaked out at being followed, trayvon attacked the stranger tailing him, Zimmerman shot him.
None of his past seems to play a part of any of that.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
None of that matters unless Zimmerman was aware of his past or he was involved in those activities at that time.

To my understanding, at best, trayvon went to get some candy, was tailed by neighborhood watch gone rogue, trayvon freaked out at being followed, trayvon attacked the stranger tailing him, Zimmerman shot him.
neither does the fact that he went out to get candy. Including that detail intends to paint him as a harmless juvenile.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
yes. but it's disingenuous to ignore that his criminal past and the adult nature of his prior crimes. saying he was just a teenager getting candy makes it appear that Zimmerman was more of a sociopath than he actually turned out to be. Not a lot more, but to a meaningful degree.

he was slinging drugs, getting in fights, and musing about buying a gun in the weeks and months before his confrontation Zimmerman.
Should all headlines carry victim’s criminal history? “Man with 2 DUI’s assaulted”.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Zimmerman seems like quite a POS but:

* Shot an unarmed teenager, claimed self defense, went to trial, was found by a jury of his peers to be not guilty.
* Accused of domestic violence x2; accusations do not mean prison, thankfully.
* Selling the gun used in the killing is not a crime in and of itself.
* Bragging about the killing is not a crime in and of itself.

It's cunty behaviour but that all adds up to a grand total of zero time in prison. And that's how it should be.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015

I can follow you around on a public street as much as I want and should not have to worry about being assaulted. Zimmerman had every bit as much a right to be on that street as Trayvon. One of them made a horrible decision to physically assault the other one and paid for his poor decision. No one should have to be afraid of being assaulted just for walking down the street at night

M

member 3289

I don't like George Zimmerman but if the allegations in the lawsuit about the fake girlfriend are true then he probably has a good case here.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Should all headlines carry victim’s criminal history? “Man with 2 DUI’s assaulted”.
when the cops kill someone, the headlines sure do.

but it shouldn't matter. Just like whether he was going to buy candy or weed shouldn't matter.

Trayvon continued an assault beyond where it was legally-defensible, and died because of it.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015

but it shouldn't matter. Just like whether he was going to buy candy or weed shouldn't matter.

Trayvon continued an assault beyond where it was legally-defensible, and died because of it.
You shouldn’t be able to initiate a confrontation, escalate it to a fight and then shoot someone because you are losing the fight.
Take your beating like the asshole you are and don’t kill anyone.

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Trayvon took mount and ground and pounded a guy. That was it. It's what plenty of us are trained is one of the right things to do in self defense. The problem is anytime we fight we risk it getting out of control. The street is never fair. At issue in the trial wasn't whether Trayvon's technique for subduing his opponent was legally defensible, but whether Zimmerman acted in accordance with Florida's stand your ground law, which gives a broad amount of breadth for using lethal force. To me it's a tragic case that unfortunately was so clumsily handled by local police when interacting with media that it became deeply politicized. But even still, a kid died because someone decided to kill him. The state decided that was permissable. This action by Zimmerman is frankly ghoulish and abhorrent.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You shouldn’t be able to initiate a confrontation, escalate it to a fight and then shoot someone because you are losing the fight.
Take your beating like the asshole you are and don’t kill anyone.
i don't know that Zimmerman initiated the fight. Regardless, his actions have been adjudicated and he was not found to be criminally liable.

It takes two to tango. One is dead, one had his life ruined.
The lesson here is

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Trayvon took mount and ground and pounded a guy. That was it. It's what plenty of us are trained is one of the right things to do in self defense. The problem is anytime we fight we risk it getting out of control. The street is never fair. At issue in the trial wasn't whether Trayvon's technique for subduing his opponent was legally defensible, but whether Zimmerman acted in accordance with Florida's stand your ground law, which gives a broad amount of breadth for using lethal force. To me it's a tragic case that unfortunately was so clumsily handled by local police when interacting with media that it became deeply politicized. But even still, a kid died because someone decided to kill him. The state decided that was permissable. This action by Zimmerman is frankly ghoulish and abhorrent.
Zimmerman case had nothing to do with Stand Your Ground

EDIT to add: and if his accusation regarding the prosecutor and the family is accurate, their behavior is even more ghoulish and abhorrent.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i don't know that Zimmerman initiated the fight. Regardless, his actions have been adjudicated and he was not found to be criminally liable.

It takes two to tango. One is dead, one had his life ruined.
The lesson here is

In your opinion who started this all?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
if someone has you in full mount and is pounding your face in and you cant get up that is 100% a time in which you should shoot somebody or what are you even carrying a gun for?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
In your opinion who started this all?
I don't think that's actually 'knowable' - and I don't think it's really relevant. Both parties have a responsibility to forego violence, and each has a right defend their life with deadly force.

All indications are that George was following Trayvon, despite requests to the contrary from LE, and that Trayvon took umbrage to being profiled by some dorky wanna-be. At some point, Trayvon decided that he needed to keep punching the dorky wanna-be after he stopped being a threat.

After that, the dorky wanna-be was justified in using deadly force to end that threat.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
How did Trayvon drag Zimmerman out of his vehicle?