Cinema Justice League Snyder Cut thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
ok now I've seen it :D so he just kinda forgot ala Game of Thrones style lol

I guess when you live for thousands of years it's a plausible explanation, we forget stuff from last week
I think I'd remember where I got an axe through the shoulder and nearly died though. Not something you forget.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
I think I'd remember where I got an axe through the shoulder and nearly died though. Not something you forget.
Yeah but how many times have you lived for thousands of years? and he's not human either which means his memory could work in any number of different ways.

Let's say you get stabbed in a spot in the Sahara desert, think you could find the spot 20 years later?

I know it's a bit crude because he shoehorned Darkseid in using some of the Steppenwolf scenes but nonetheless pretty much anything goes when it comes to fictional alien lifeforms.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah but how many times have you lived for thousands of years? and he's not human either which means his memory could work in any number of different ways.

Let's say you get stabbed in a spot in the Sahara desert, think you could find the spot 20 years later?

I know it's a bit crude because he shoehorned Darkseid in using some of the Steppenwolf scenes but nonetheless pretty much anything goes when it comes to fictional alien lifeforms.
If I had tech that could travel between planets then, hell yeah, I could find a spot in the Sahara. Shit, I could probably find a specific grain of sand.

Last edited:

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
If I had tech that could travel between planets then, hell yeah, I could find a spot in the Sahara.
......that's not what I was saying, I was suggesting a human equivalent to finding a single planet when you've conquered Universes of them including I believe multiple versions of earth via parallel universes (though I'm not sure how much of Darkseid's comic story applies to the movies)

and to make it even more confusing, there's multiple versions of Darkseid too :D

Also he isn't a walking GPS system, he lost everything (allies included) between when he fought on earth and when he returned.

regardless it's not a plothole

Some might say that the one planet that defeated Darkseid might stay with him for all eternity, or wouldn’t his ship have had some sort of tracking device that could take him back to Earth. Still this explanation from Snyder makes sense. Darkseid loses this most ferocious battle and is mercilessly wounded by old gods like Ares. And if none of Darkseid's allies are alive to help track down the Anti-Life equation once again, it could be a bit of a struggle. As Snyder says, his most pressing issue when he returns to Apokolips is not heading straight back to Earth, but dealing with a power struggle on his own planet. A lot of time had passed and a lot of other planets were conquered before Darkseid is in a “position of power” again.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
......that's not what I was saying, I was suggesting a human equivalent to finding a single planet when you've conquered Universes of them including I believe multiple versions of earth via parallel universes (though I'm not sure how much of Darkseid's comic story applies to the movies)

and to make it even more confusing, there's multiple versions of Darkseid too :D

Also he isn't a walking GPS system, he lost everything (allies included) between when he fought on earth and when he returned.

Some might say that the one planet that defeated Darkseid might stay with him for all eternity, or wouldn’t his ship have had some sort of tracking device that could take him back to Earth. Still this explanation from Snyder makes sense. Darkseid loses this most ferocious battle and is mercilessly wounded by old gods like Ares. And if none of Darkseid's allies are alive to help track down the Anti-Life equation once again, it could be a bit of a struggle. As Snyder says, his most pressing issue when he returns to Apokolips is not heading straight back to Earth, but dealing with a power struggle on his own planet. A lot of time had passed and a lot of other planets were conquered before Darkseid is in a “position of power” again.
lol, my crazy ass was interpretting the beginning of your first paragraph in terms of our reality. and i had no issues with the idea of conquering universes since i believe in a multiverse

i was wondering what badass evidence you were about to drop ... and then i read "darkseid" and realized you were speaking about fiction :(

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
lol, my crazy ass was interpretting the beginning of your first paragraph in terms of our reality. and i had no issues with the idea of conquering universes since i believe in a multiverse

i was wondering what badass evidence you were about to drop ... and then i read "darkseid" and realized you were speaking about fiction :(
me dropping badass evidence? :D I'm still embarrassed that I was defending Snyder's shitty movie

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015

No hard drives to save information on? No planning involved in invading a planet? Come on, we're talking about a galaxy spanning empire. It's shit writing is what it is.

M

member 1013

No hard drives to save information on? No planning involved in invading a planet? Come on, we're talking about a galaxy spanning empire. It's shit writing is what it is.
Hot shit, to be precise

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
I never said it wasn't shit writing, the entire movie was shit writing. Unfortunately Snyder got to decide how it works and that's how it works. You're basically disputing something that is indisputable because there are no precedents or rules about it, criticize the writing but you can't criticize the memory of a fictional being :D

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I never said it wasn't shit writing, the entire movie was shit writing. Unfortunately Snyder got to decide how it works and that's how it works. You're basically disputing something that is indisputable because there are no precedents or rules about it, criticize the writing but you can't criticize the memory of a fictional being :D
The story requires Darkseid to be the big bad enemy but also dumb enough to not record the planet where he found what he was searching for for thousands of years. Nothing to do with his memory.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
The story requires Darkseid to be the big bad enemy but also dumb enough to not record the planet where he found what he was searching for for thousands of years. Nothing to do with his memory.
record with what? he has nothing left but his body which you seem to think works like sat nav keeping permanent records of over 100,000 planets. He has no infrastructure left, he has no hard drives or ships or personnel etc.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
record with what? he has nothing left but his body which you seem to think works like sat nav keeping permanent records of over 100,000 planets. He has no infrastructure left, he has no hard drives or ships or personnel etc.
He escaped in a spaceship.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
The equivalent argument of 2 bald men fighting over a comb