Justin Gaethje: I don’t give a sh-t about Conor McGregor’s plans, I want Tony Ferguson next

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Justin Gaethje made a strong impression in his UFC debut last July by stopping Michael Johnson in the second round. This weekend, he will face former lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez at UFC 218.

A win for Gaethje would open up better opportunities for him in the lightweight division. And with the lingering uncertainty with Conor McGregor, the former WSOF champion is more focused on the possibility of facing interim champion, Tony Ferguson.

“I honestly don’t give a shit (about McGregor’s plans), because it does not matter,” Gaethje told MMAjunkie. “If I don’t win this fight, I’m not even in that picture. So I’m focusing on Eddie.”…

Justin Gaethje: I don’t give a sh-t about Conor McGregor’s plans, I want Tony Ferguson next

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
If he runs through Alvarez it's hard to say why he shouldn't find Ferg. But that belt around Conor's waist needs the dust cleaned off it

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
When you beat Eddie gathj dog and you can get a fight with anybody

Last edited:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I've never heard somebody say exactly the way I feel in terms of fighting..i would rather lose than go to a decision...Its kill or be killed period

M

member 603

I've never heard somebody say exactly the way I feel in terms of fighting..i would rather lose than go to a decision...Its kill or be killed period
That's the Diaz Bros ethos too.... Kill or be Killed

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My favorite active fighter. Easy. Maybe my favorite of all-time.

He's entertaining but I think Nate would piece him up. The guy takes a lot of punishment. While it's impressive he can do what he does, it's not a recipe for staying atop a division. How many champions were able to do that and for how long?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
He's entertaining but I think Nate would piece him up. The guy takes a lot of punishment. While it's impressive he can do what he does, it's not a recipe for staying atop a division. How many champions were able to do that and for how long?
Nate could give him problems but Justin has some savage leg kicks that would have him falling in his face in no time.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nate could give him problems but Justin has some savage leg kicks that would have him falling in his face in no time.
Agreed. I think Justin would cripple Nate and honestly, it wouldn't take long for him to do it.

I think Nate learned something from his fights with Conor but I don't know how well this Justin fellow disguises his kicks.
I would still pick Nate.