Justin Gaethje on Conor McGregor: ‘I think he’ll fight me now’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Justin Gaethje has been campaigning for a fight with Conor McGregor for what feels like an eternity, and ‘The Highlight’ thinks ‘The Notorious’ may finally be warming up to the idea.

McGregor beat Donald Cerrone via TKO this past Saturday at UFC 246 and, while ‘The Notorious’ didn’t call out Gaethje in his post-fight interview, SBG Ireland head coach John Kavanagh said he would like to see McGregor take on the former WSOF lightweight champion at 170 pounds in his next bout.

“Justin Gaethje at 170. That would be my personal preference, because he’s another lightweight,” Kavanagh told Ariel Helwani in a recent interview.

Gaethje isn’t sure on the weight class,…

Justin Gaethje on Conor McGregor: ‘I think he’ll fight me now’

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Please, I want to see this
It will be for 5 rounds minus 4 rounds

Es_Nolan

Not the worst at my gym
Nov 15, 2019
I want this fight. But not at 170. Conor needs to start cutting again. It was nice for the one fight but Kavanagh can't keep doing this and justifying it with the whole "well they're both 155'ers, they just aren't cutting". Cutting is part of the game and how can we ever expect to see if the real McGregor is back if we aren't seeing him under a cut?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I want this fight. But not at 170. Conor needs to start cutting again. It was nice for the one fight but Kavanagh can't keep doing this and justifying it with the whole "well they're both 155'ers, they just aren't cutting". Cutting is part of the game and how can we ever expect to see if the real McGregor is back if we aren't seeing him under a cut?
That's a good point. Conor said he could have easily made 155 for Cerrone. If that's true, make it for Gaethje. Justin's not a big 155er.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What if it's a move towards getting rid if weight curing?

Es_Nolan

Not the worst at my gym
Nov 15, 2019
If it honestly is a move in that direction then by all means, I think that's actually great for the long term health of a lot of fighters and I will eat my words. But if it doesn't create any real change then I stand by my statement and think there's no way that Conor is ready for Khabib without conditioning under a cut. As much as Khabib has said that he won't fight Conor again, we all know it's the fight Dana wants to make, and Khabib won't fight over 155. Cutting affects conditioning and stamina hard so if Conor doesn't start doing it after this fight with Cerrone then how can he be fully prepared?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
gaethje better not try to try to eat punches like homer simpson against conor

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
That would be ideal, but it isn't across the board, its one guy getting preferential treatment, that doesn't help anybody else.

Its a mental edge he is looking for with this control. His confidence was obviously hurt by the loss to Khabib.

Physically he wants to replicate the Alverez form, a few fights at 170 then go down for the title fight, thats the best hes ever looked in the cage.

That is obviously the best he has felt at 155 as well.

He needs all the help he can get if he is going to challenge Khabib, it wont make any difference in my opinion, he isn't good enough a MMAist to beat Khabib, he has a punchers chance and thats it.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If this goes down I got Justin.

30 days

Sn avatar and title.

Who wants a bite?

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I don’t think it has anything to do with weight cutting. By having him fight at 170 they are ensuring he keeps his seat at the table for a championship fight at 155.

Es_Nolan

Not the worst at my gym
Nov 15, 2019
I don’t think it has anything to do with weight cutting. By having him fight at 170 they are ensuring he keeps his seat at the table for a championship fight at 155.
But why should he be allowed to bid for a shot at the title when he isn't fighting in the right weight class?

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Hey, I'd love to see it but Justin is probably about #27 on the list right now, so don't get a wet spot in your undies over it anytime soon!