Kadyrov offers UFC a ‘fight to the death’ tournament against Akhmat fighters

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
T

The Big Guy

HBO’s Real Sports documentary on Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov airs this Tuesday, July 18th. The show is set to examine the dictator’s relationship to combat sports and the ways in which he uses athletes and athletic competition to strengthen his political power in his home country.

While the piece promises to touch on numerous points, including Kadyrov’s reported purges of gay men - something he claims he hasn’t done, but would do if there were gay men in Chechnya - it also examines his relationship to the UFC.

With the recent signing of Magomed Bibulatov (as well as Kadyrov’s relationship with Fabricio Werdum), the Dictator already has ties to the world’s largest MMA organization. But, during his interview with Real Sports, Kadyrov issued a challenge to the UFC, one aimed at elevating the status of Chechnya’s Akhmat fight team.

“We propose that UFC and Akhmat face off in a tournament,” Kadyrov told HBO. “And we’ll see who has the strongest fighters. I think it would be quite a spectacle. They would fight to the end. A fight to the death.”
Our motto is: ‘Death is better than second place.’ We will bring all your belts from America back to Grozny.”

Something tells me it’s not a challenge the UFC will be accepting anytime soon. In the meantime, however, as Akhmat Fight Club and Chechnya continue to produce elite level talent in the MMA world, it’s likely that the UFC and it’s fighters will continue their unfortunate relationship with Ramzan Kadyrov.

Tune in to HBO at 10 p.m. eastern and pacific (9 central) for Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, featuring Bloody Elbow’s own Karim Zidan.

T

The Big Guy

This is gonna end up being a john du pont/dave shultz situation in the end

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Is he nuts wanting a fight to the death to prove which fighters are better ? Or is it just a different lifestyle with different morals and values in that part of the country ? Or does he just mean a fight to a figurative death

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
Is he nuts wanting a fight to the death to prove which fighters are better ? Or is it just a different lifestyle with different morals and values in that part of the country ? Or does he just mean a fight to a figurative death
The dude thinks he's a bad guy from a JCVD movie. I'm pretty sure most Chechens don't really want to fight to the death for his amusement. There are definitely issues with their culture, but this guy is definitely nuts.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
He's the leader of an extremely macho culture, that's had two civil wars within his lifetime, has little respect for human life as a consequence, and he rules the area with an iron fist, death squads, and cultivating an image as the ultimate strongman. I would suggest it's equal parts brag and seriousness. I think he is making it because he knows it would never be taken up, but if for some strange reason it was, he would absolutely follow through, and manage to find people to represent the Caucasus' area that he controls.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
This motherfucker is crazy! and i love it a little bit lol. Listen what they are doing there and what he said is atrocious but I guess i miss the days of hard as nails men like this. We breed pussies these days.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This motherfucker is crazy! and i love it a little bit lol. Listen what they are doing there and what he said is atrocious but I guess i miss the days of hard as nails men like this. We breed pussies these days.
Only real men oppress people, amirite.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You are giving your schoolgirl crush too much credit. He is a Daddy's boy, and a puppet. Yes, he has shown a talent for killing people, but is only in that position because his warlord dad sold out the resistance and became Putin's lap dog. He gets to run his tiny little fiefdom, but isn't even a real dictator because he doesn't even control an independent state and answers to a master.

If your panties get all wet at the thought of 'hard men' - AKA murderous tyrants - you should at least be flicking your bean to guys like Gaddafi, who came from literally nothing and then spent his life taking on world powers.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
You are giving your schoolgirl crush too much credit. He is a Daddy's boy, and a puppet. Yes, he has shown a talent for killing people, but is only in that position because his warlord dad sold out the resistance and became Putin's lap dog. He gets to run his tiny little fiefdom, but isn't even a real dictator because he doesn't even control an independent state and answers to a master.

If your panties get all wet at the thought of 'hard men' - AKA murderous tyrants - you should at least be flicking your bean to guys like Gaddafi, who came from literally nothing and then spent his life taking on world powers.
Holy hell! haha.