VID Kajan Johnson: Lack of compensation from UFC video game is 'disgraceful'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=159&v=AUI-_MEb_iw

UFC fighters will not be receiving a check in the mail despite being in the new EA Sports UFC 3 video game. A certain ‘Ragin’ UFC lightweight has a lot to say about that.

With EA Sports UFC 3 released last week, UFC lightweight Kajan Johnson is here to remind us of the sad truth: fighters don’t get paid to be in the game.

Johnson isn’t in the video game – and until fighter compensation is introduced, he is happy about that. Ironically, Johnson helped with the game at EA Sports headquarters in Vancouver – he did motion capture for many characters. And because of that, he made more money from EA Sports UFC 3 than nearly all other fighters.

Johnson wants to take a stand against the UFC. He feels that what the promotion is doing isn’t right. Fighters deserve to get paid to have their…

Kajan Johnson: Lack of compensation from UFC video game is ‘disgraceful’

Last edited:

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
this is going to keep happening if they keep giving their likeness to the ufc the keep signing those crappy contracts it is similar to dumb soundcloud rappers that have to do 300 shows for 500 dollars each because they signed that contract.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
If he wins his next one, it will be interesting to see who they throw him in against, I think it’s safe to say the UFC will want to cut him. I like Kajan Johnson and respect him for using the platform he’s been given the raise the issues the fighters jockeying their way into title shots can’t afford to.
I’m sure the other fighters appreciate him for taking the bullet.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
If he wins his next one, it will be interesting to see who they throw him in against, I think it’s safe to say the UFC will want to cut him. I like Kajan Johnson and respect him for using the platform he’s been given the raise the issues the fighters jockeying their way into title shots can’t afford to.
I’m sure the other fighters appreciate him for taking the bullet.
Other fighters need to get on board and have his fucking back.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Crazy that the UFC can even legally use a subcontractors image and likeness
in a game and not have to pay them royalties.

How is that even legal??
Magraken can give you some legal nonsense, but the real reason, comrade, is that the justice system is merely a tool of the capitalist oppressor.

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The guy we need to give some credit to here is Jon Fitch. He is the guy that started all of this years ago. If you step back and think about it, it really is fucked up that these guys can take you as the fighter, literally take your likeness, literally make money off you and your name.

Dana even was about to ban all of AKA from the UFC> Fuck I wish he would. Imagine Bellator with Cormier, Cain, Rochold, Khabib.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Crazy that the UFC can even legally use a subcontractors image and likeness
in a game and not have to pay them royalties.

How is that even legal??
The problem is most fighters come in to the UFC without a penny to scratch there asses.
They are happy they finally made it to the big leagues so they can make some cash.
At first you might not think a likeness clause is a big thing cause hey i'm getting paid to fight, after a while they see, big leagues have big bills that have to be paid(trainers/coaches/camps/agents/etc.) and they see they are getting ripped off left and right.
Then it's allready too late you allready signed you likeness away in the first contract and you fucked yourself over.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
All those rich actors who bought in to the ufc belong to the screen actors guild and would never allow this to happen to themselves.now that they are in an ownership role they dont seem to care about the practices of the company they own part of

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
All those rich actors who bought in to the ufc belong to the screen actors guild and would never allow this to happen to themselves.now that they are in an ownership role they dont seem to care about the practices of the company they own part of
That's a great point. Worth haranguing them on Twitter over.

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
So... The fighters happily sign a contract with the UFC, and you guys blame the UFC? Seems intelligent.