Kamaru Usman says UFC rankings panel should be ashamed, knows willing opponents are few

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

After the first knockout of his UFC career, welterweight Kamaru Usman’s stock is on the rise. And it better be a significant rise, as far as he’s concerned.

“Whoever is in charge of making those rankings, whoever it is – or whoever the collective group is that’s in charge of making those rankings – you should be ashamed of yourself,” Usman said following his FS1-broadcast win at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh. “You should be.”

Usman (11-1 MMA, 6-0 UFC) entered Saturday’s UFC Fight Night 116 clash with Sergio Moraes (12-3-1 MMA, 6-2-1 UFC) as No. 13 in the promotion’s welterweight division according to the company’s own rankings. Usman will likely be moving up a few slots following a scintillating first-round knockout of the Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt, and he believes that’s more than justified.

Kamaru Usman says UFC rankings panel should be ashamed, knows willing opponents are few

Not sure what he hopes to gain by lashing out at UFC brass so early in his career. This kind of stuff creates an increasing disinterest in the UFC (for me). Am I supposed to conclude the whole organization is corrupt? Management is clueless? It's not a question of the squeakiest wheel getting the grease?
That card with JJ and DC was the last one I bought. All of the negativity coming from the fighters is telling me it should be my last for the foreseeable future.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Not sure what he hopes to gain by lashing out at UFC brass so early in his career. This kind of stuff creates an increasing disinterest in the UFC (for me). Am I supposed to conclude the whole organization is corrupt? Management is clueless? It's not a question of the squeakiest wheel getting the grease?
That card with JJ and DC was the last one I bought. All of the negativity coming from the fighters is telling me it should be my last for the foreseeable future.
Bellator bro.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Whether the fighters have a legitimate gripe or not, I do think they should have a few marketing classes yes. More and more complaining and begging. Not something I care to see.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
He thinks there is a panel who decide this? Lol. Dont believe what you read brosef.