VID Karate Combat (new promotion)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
C

Ceiling Fan

You guys like Ganryujima, right? The promotion with moat fights and style vs style like the old days of the UFC?

Well, here's another new unorthodox promotion, called Karate Combat. I just found out about it today from an email from Fite TV.

▷ Karate Combat: Genesis Official Free Replay

It's full contact karate, 3x3 rounds, 10 point must system, limited clinch and grappling where you basically have to hit them when clinching or getting them down.

The production values are insane. Seriously, it looks like it's a movie and not live fights. This is just the first event, held in some warehouse in Hungary, and the real event starts in two weeks or so in Miami. Apparently Bas Rutten was on JRE MMA talking about it, I haven't listened yet but I will. Bas is commentating with AXS TV personality Phoenix Carnivale, and they do a good job.

Oh, and I won't tell you what they did with the ring, but it's reminiscent of one of the best one-shot promotions of all time...

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
Yea i watched Bas on JRE and checked this out, I like the format also and the "ring" equivalent is quite cool.
The setup looks great too,a s you say the production values, lighting etc all look top class, it just needs the atmosphere of a crowd etc.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
but, didn't this happen before. k-1. the karate guys just started fighting more like kickboxers + threw in the odd kick here and there.

bas mentioned a previous rule against throwing hooks! lol that sounded pretty stupid and joe gave him zero charity.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
this is cool. I love the pit. The walls are steeper and higher than fight league so it's a little more useful in combat. I also love the soundtrack lol.

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
but, didn't this happen before. k-1. the karate guys just started fighting more like kickboxers + threw in the odd kick here and there.

bas mentioned a previous rule against throwing hooks! lol that sounded pretty stupid and joe gave him zero charity.
It was "short hooks" however they even categorised that..., and I believe Bas said after that they have already removed that rule as it was stupid.