Sports Kareem Hunt (KC RB) released for beating woman

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
A video has surfaced from a February altercation between Kareem Hunt and a woman in a Cleveland hotel.

KC Chiefs Release Kareem Hunt Over Video of Him Brutalizing Woman

Apparently the Chiefs knew about the incident, but Hunt downplayed it when he explained his side. When the video was released, the Chiefs cut him immediately.

It will be very interesting to see what happens next. When this happened to Ray Rice, nobody would touch him. But at that point in his career, Rice was starting to slow down and was getting old. Most teams probably looked at him the same way they look at Kaepernick - the talent wasn't worth the headache.

But Hunt is a beast. He lead the league in rushing last year, which was his rookie season, with 1327 yards. This year he is currently 5th with 824 yards through 11 games.

As soon as the commissioner removes him from the exempt list - I think NFL teams will be all over him. Talent trumps all.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Won’t the league now step in and punish him with some sort of suspension?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Watched the vid. He’s an idiot that was probably drunk or high & lost his cool, obviously, but that “kick” was pretty weak. He could have soccer kicked her head off, but chose to give her a soft one to the rear. Far from brutalizing anyone. The Ray Rice incident was much worse than what I just watched. Rice one shot a girl unconscious and drug her out of an elevator in an attempt to hide what he did.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
he is on some list that makes him not eligible for play regardless of who signs him
suspension incoming

KC drafted a guy who punched his pregnant GFs Belly (tyreek Hill) so that team is somewhat ok with that behavior...unless there is video

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Watched the vid. He’s an idiot that was probably drunk or high & lost his cool, obviously, but that “kick” was pretty weak. He could have soccer kicked her head off, but chose to give her a soft one to the rear. Far from brutalizing anyone. The Ray Rice incident was much worse than what I just watched. Rice one shot a girl unconscious and drug her out of an elevator in an attempt to hide what he did.
True
But he is a POS...no reason to kick or push anyone...what would he have done if nobody was trying to restrain him?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
He's on the commissioner's exempt list, which means he can't practice or play.

With the Chiefs cutting him, he'll be open to be signed with any team that wants him. I'm not positive on this, but I think they can sign him now if they want - they just can't use him until he's cleared.

My guess is we'll get a heartfelt apology, a whole bunch of community service and he'll land back on a team for the 2019 season.

It helps that the video isn't anywhere close as ugly as the Ray Rice thing. It's a bad look for sure, but he didn't right hook the chick in the face.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
True
But he is a POS...no reason to kick or push anyone...what would he have done if nobody was trying to restrain him?
Yes, he's a POS for sure. Just saying it's not as bad as the media is making it out to be, IMO. Looks like the worst she got of it was the fall from the push.

M

member 3289

Whatever. Go have a Coke.

which in your fucked up area of the world means "any dark pop"
Not in the Miami metropolitan area it doesn't. Prob the only good thing the mass influx of northeasterners gave us.

So you really think Zeke is better than Hunt? Is Hunt #2 in your opinion?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes, he's a POS for sure. Just saying it's not as bad as the media is making it out to be, IMO. Looks like the worst she got of it was the fall from the push.
I agree...there are levels to it and Ray Rice was much worse
Not sure what media is saying

But if you cost the NFL money or hurt the image you are getting punished...that is just how it is

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So you really think Zeke is better than Hunt? Is Hunt #2 in your opinion?
They are both studs, but the RB position is more about the system and the line than it is about the athlete.

James Conner went from benchwarmer to one of the more productive backs in the league when Leveon decided to sit out. He's looked every bit as good as Bell did when he was playing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spencer Ware crush it much like Hunt was. A lot of the RBs at the pro level are plug and play.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They are both studs, but the RB position is more about the system and the line than it is about the athlete.

James Conner went from benchwarmer to one of the more productive backs in the league when Leveon decided to sit out. He's looked every bit as good as Bell did when he was playing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Spencer Ware crush it much like Hunt was. A lot of the RBs at the pro level are plug and play.
yep KC will still be a machine
might even win a playoff game

M

member 3289

Give your top 3 running backs (excluding Bell bc he hasn't played this season)

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
A good example of what I was saying earlier.
Lindsey was undrafted and he's crushing it.
and KC's line and offensive coaching is unreal good
They have held Von Miller without a sack in 6 straight games and counting

M

member 3289

Any chance the Chiefs had of making the Super Bowl is now gone