Kasai Pro 4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
On November 10, Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom in New York will host ‘KASAI Pro 4’. This event will showcase some of Jiu-Jitsu’s most decorated names in compelling feature-fights and a much anticipated eight-man no-gi tournament at 145lbs (65.8kg) to crown KASAI’s inaugural World Featherweight Champion.

'KASAI Pro 4'

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Superfights

Matheus Diniz vs Gordon Ryan
Edwin Najmi vs Renato Canuto
Dante Leon vs Matheus Lutes

8-man 145lb tournament
  • Jon Calestine
  • Geo Martinez
  • Gianni Grippo
  • Ashley Williams
  • Bruno Frazatto
  • Augusto "Tanquinho" Mendes
  • Ethan Crelinsten
  • Paulo Miyao

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Now Dante Leon is out. PJ Barch is in against Lutes.

Barch was fun to watch at the Subversiv event a few weeks back so I'm looking forward to this one.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Ashley Williams is the latest victim of injury.

Kim Terra is now in the tournament as a late replacement.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Gordon Ryan was denied clearance to fight due to a lack of up-to-date bloodwork which is required by the New York State Athletic Commission.

From the Ryan:

“The problem we are having with the NYSAC is that they needed to do the test for the viral load since obviously the antibody test would come back positive. Being as there were only 2 days to get the results it simply not enough time. They had to send my blood to another lab to count the viral load and the results wont be in until next week. So let me make this clear. I was born with hepatitis C. I was treated when I was 12 and I was cleared every single year after. The NYSAC needs a test from less than 2 weeks ago which I do not have. Just so there are no misconceptions… I DO NOT HAVE HEPATITIS C. I know my viral load is undetectable but I cant prove that to the NYSAC without the test and the results wont be in until next week. I’m very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to watching me compete. All the ones who purchased flograppling and bought tickets just to see me. Hopefully next time we will have more notice to get all the blood work sorted out before hand and I can give you all the show you’re looking for. I’ll see you all tonight and sorry again guys theres nothing we could do. Matheus even agreed to have the match but the athletic commission wouldn’t allow it.”

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Luckily the event wasn't banking on this match. Many other exciting matches still.
A bummer none the less.