Kavanagh wants Gaethje @ 170 next for McGregor

Discussion in 'Cageside - MMA Discussion' started by Wild, Jan 21, 2020.

1. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Member

Ratings:
    +3,325
    I just noticed this, what are you talking about struggles to make weight, he makes 155 easily, he is a small light weight.

2. Dr. Prosper Meniere

Dr. Prosper Meniere Do you want to bet against me?

Ratings:
    +9,261
    I was basing it on his catchweight fights earlier in his career and I fucked up and thought he missed weight for a fight, but it was his opponent. So you're right.

Irrelevant anyway - Conor is a former 145er that would not have an advantage over Gaethje at 170.

3. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Member

Ratings:
    +3,325
    Yeah, he says he cuts a small amount, I remember him mentioning it before the Porier fight. He is a small LW

No there is no advantage, other than control for McGregor, it is blatant favouritisim though, no two ways about it.

I still like the fight, its the one he should have had as a comeback in the first place.

4. Dr. Prosper Meniere

Ratings:
    +9,261
    Agree with that. There was no point in the Cowboy fight, should have been Justin already.

5. Wild

Wild TMMAC's Most Handsome Admin
    Admin

Ratings:
    +116,446
    Interesting theory.

6. Twelve Twenty Four

Twelve Twenty Four Active Member

Ratings:
    +390
    they should do the fight against Gaethje BUT put it on the same card Khabib/Ferguson AND at 155 - have people forgotten that this is the 5th time theyre attempting this match up? this way, Conor gets what he wants if either pull out of the Khbib/Ferg fight - am I nuts???

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dr. Prosper Meniere

Ratings:
    +9,261
    The massive problem with this is that Khabib on his own is one of the bigger draws in the sport now and the UFC has to fill up a certain number of PPV cards. So Khabib-Tony will draw ok on its own. If you put Conor on the same card, that's the headliner over the legit title fight - you're going to put Conor in the co-main when that's who everyone is buying the PPV for? - and the card probably does the same business with or without Khabib vs Tony.

So you burn a PPV headliner for nothing and are put in the awkward spot of having a fight in the co-main that should be a main event.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Twelve Twenty Four

Twelve Twenty Four Active Member

Ratings:
    +390
    yeah good point - Money ruins everything again , god damn it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted