Kelvin Gastelum making Weidman look Silly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
I remember that exchange. Good training by Kelvin. Wasn't enough this time, but he'll be back.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yep was a few moments like that

Wide Man was just too wide and smothering on the mat tho

T

The Big Guy

Funny thats how weidman caught anderson but he couldnt catch gastelum. I wonder about the rear hook fake and lead elbow off kelvins slip. That may have been effective with kelvin trying to use that type of head movement so close to the cage

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
When I saw that i was like hell yeah that was sick. He fucking dodged all those punches. Missing punches also takes a lot out of you.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Funny thats how weidman caught anderson but he couldnt catch gastelum. I wonder about the rear hook fake and lead elbow off kelvins slip. That may have been effective with kelvin trying to use that type of head movement so close to the cage
Chris is a shadow of himself since fighting Anderson. Don't know what happened to this kid.......

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Weidman catching Anderson was a lucky punch. I missed tons before landing the hail mary. It was also pre-USADA. He hasn't been the same since.
Lucky punch is bullshit that indicates a lack of understanding the strategies employed in that fight leading up to the KO.

The 2nd part of the statement I don't have a problem with.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wouldn't call the punch he landed on Anderson lucky. Anderson just handed him his chin on a platter, fucking around like he did.

Drake

Cunning Linguist
Jul 9, 2017
Phenomenal stuff from Kelvin. Thought he was in big trouble there but really persevered.

Chris is a shadow of himself since fighting Anderson. Don't know what happened to this kid.......
You know that he won twice after the Anderson fights & looked great doing so right...?

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Phenomenal stuff from Kelvin. Thought he was in big trouble there but really persevered.

You know that he won twice after the Anderson fights & looked great doing so right...?
It was just easier to say...

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I thought Kelvin lacked a little swagger of his previous fights. Seemed a tiny bit confidence shy. Maybe he didn't believe he could win.

That little sequence was awesome and he could definitely have won that. Not sure what his ground game is rated like but he got schooled quite a few times on the ground

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I thought Kelvin lacked a little swagger of his previous fights. Seemed a tiny bit confidence shy. Maybe he didn't believe he could win.

That little sequence was awesome and he could definitely have won that. Not sure what his ground game is rated like but he got schooled quite a few times on the ground
His ground game is pretty good but he typically will turtle and is able to stand or create a scramble when his opponent gets too excited to move for the back. Weidman didn't give him that. He would settle to just ride him and wear on him and force him to go flat on his back at times. You add the size difference and it was way too much for him.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
His ground game is pretty good but he typically will turtle and is able to stand or create a scramble when his opponent gets too excited to move for the back. Weidman didn't give him that. He would settle to just ride him and wear on him and force him to go flat on his back at times. You add the size difference and it was way too much for him.
The size difference was pretty impressive. You dont notice how big Weidman is compared to Kelvin till in the cage.