Ken Shamrock would still like rematches with Tito Ortiz, Royce Gracie

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

LOS ANGELES -- The potential of fighting Kimbo Slice is one of the things that drew Ken Shamrock out of retirement. The MMA pioneer felt like he had unfinished business with the man he was supposed to face in 2008 before sustaining a cut right before the fight.

Shamrock will meet Kimbo Slice in the main event of Bellator 138 on June 20 in St. Louis. But "The World's Most Dangerous Man" doesn't plan on it being a one-off. Win or lose, he'd like to get back in the Bellator cage again. And rematches with Tito Ortiz and Royce Gracie would be at the top of his wish list.

Both men are currently affiliated with Bellator, too. Ortiz remains an active fighter and Gracie is a promotional ambassador.

"That right there, if I could get that fight to happen with where I'm at today and where [Ortiz] is at today, it would be awesome," Shamrock said at a recent Bellator media day in Hollywood.

Shamrock and Ortiz had one of the greatest rivalries in MMA history. Their second fight, at UFC 61 in July 2006, drew an estimated 775,000 pay-per-view buys, according to MMAFighting.com's Dave Meltzer as the co-main event on a card that also featured Tim Sylvia vs.Andrei Arlovski for the heavyweight title. The third fight at UFC Fight Night 6.5 in October 2006 garnered 5.7 million viewers on Spike TV, making it still one of the most watched MMA fights ever on cable television.

However, Ortiz has beaten Shamrock three times, every one of them by stoppage. Shamrock understands if Ortiz wouldn't want to do it for a fourth time and the two are friendly nowadays -- all the bad blood that fueled previous fights is gone.

"I'm not challenging him in any sort of way," Shamrock said. "I respect what he's done. I don't want to go back to where we were at. And if this fight did ever happen it wouldn't be the same fight. It wouldn't be this, 'I hate you and I'd piss on your grave.' We're beyond that. It would definitely be something that I would appreciate if he did. But he doesn't have to. He beat me three times and he beat me fair and square."

Ken Shamrock would still like rematches with Tito Ortiz, Royce Gracie - MMA Fighting

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ehhhhhhhhh, we'll see what happens with the Kimbo fight (if it does happen at all).

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I don't think shamrock beats kimbo. Ortiz would smash him easily a 4th time. The only favorable matchup is Royce, imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk