KenanK TV, the YouTuber who plagiarized the work of a fellow martial arts analyst

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

strikingthoughts

Posting Machine
Dec 1, 2015
It's been a while but if you remember me, I created many breakdown analysis and shared them here. Here's a few of them. I still lurk here from time to time for the lols when fight evens happen over the weekends.

Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Johnson: Fighting Styles and a Match-up Clash (Technical breakdown)

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson 2: Exploring The Technical Craft (Breakdown)

and the thread list of all my other analysis work here: https://themmacommunity.com/search/21777820/

I want to bring to light that a certain Youtuber who goes by the name KenanK TV. This guy is stealing analyst work and passing it off as his own to build his channel. I was recently recommended a video of his on youtube and quickly realized his worked looked far too familiar. I realized he had the audacity to plagiarize the work I published and shared here recently.

It’s not likely that two people could miraculously have dozens of the same specific ideas and choose to present them in the same exact order with the same or similar phrasing with the same descriptive language and the same examples to such specific detail.

I don’t believe in throwing around such claims so lightly without strong evidence so below is the side-by-side comparative evidence of what I’m bringing forth. I’ve provided a link to my original work and a link to his video so you can see the side-by-side comparisons. I published and posted my work in around November 2, 2018, while his video was made long after on March 7th, 2019. My work was well established long before his video came out.

KenaK TV made a youtube video titled " Israel Adesanya's INSANE STRIKING SKILLS (Film Study) | UFC 236: Full Fight Breakdown Analysis" that was plagiarized from my analysis work in the links I provided below.

Link to my reddit post and blog article. Israel “The Last Style Bender” Adesanya: The Art of subtlety (Technical fighting style breakdown) Part 1

Link to his youtube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVnzWSTIys

A backup video can be found on here:
View: https://streamable.com/kczjt

Evidence
  1. As I begin my writing piece, the earliest thing I mention is the following:
    1. A fighter who’s subjected to various feints will more than likely have troubles trying to establish a successful defensive rhythm.” –strike thought
    2. At the 2:09 mark of KenanK TV’s video, he says “because of these feints, an opponent will have trouble establishing an offensive rhythm and a way to have success in a fight.”
    3. This seems like it could be just a coincidence that we both would want to talk about establishing a successful defensive rhythm, but as you progress through these numerous examples, you’ll see the similarities become very frequent and there will be times where he straight out copies word for word.
  2. As you get to the next topic in my article, I detail some of the technical details about his fight with Rob Wilkison.
    1. I saw the following: “In his bout against Rob Wilkinson, Adesanya fought off a lot of takedown attempts in the early rounds. Moving into the second round, Adesanya got a lot of good reads for Wilkinson’s rhythm and knew many of his attempts were based on the fact that he was trying to time takedowns. Adesanya adapted well and started going for the body shots, making him think twice about dropping low and also made good use of feints to make him unsure of when to shoot or defend. The feints proved to be useful as it made Wilkinson think twice about attacking. We also saw how useful feints were in baiting out takedowns when Wilkinson expended energy attempting one off of Adesanya’s feint.” –strike thought. I go through the process of explaining his feinting game and then proceed to talk about specific examples where it’s applicable. I start off by talking about how useful it was against Rob. Wilkinson and how using his feints were useful in drawing out takedowns and to make him expend energy.
    2. At the 2:25 mark of KenanK TV’s video, he happens to talk about the same exact details.
      1. Adapting to rob Wilkinson as he tried timing takedowns
      2. Using feints to draw out takedowns
      3. making him expend energy.
    3. We hit the same three points and also used the same exact examples. My gif was the same as his clips. Perhaps still this might just be a coincidence but you’ll start to see in the next example that it gets far too similar as though he’s literally following all my exact body of work.
  1. In my second example, I used Marvin Vitori to talk about a very specific sequence to describe a specific principle. In KenanK TV’s example, his second example, he happens to use the same fighter and the same sequence to describe the same technical principle. Things start to get fishy at this point.
    1. On top of that, I use the following sentence to transition into this example by saying the following: “If he’s not using the feints to absorb information from his opponent, he’s using it to open up his opponent’s defenses. Here’s an example of how he’s able to find openings through the use of his feints against Marvin Vettori.” –strike thought
    2. KenanK TV happens to use an extremely similar sentence to transition into this Marvin Vettori example as well. At the 2:50 mark, KenanK TV says the following: “when he’s not using feints to get a read on his opponents, he’s using feints to create openings and establish his own attacks.
    3. Again, we hit the same topic at the same chronological time, hitting the same points about absorbing the opponent’s reactions and finding openings with feints.
  2. Even in the very specific example I used, I described the technical details of the Marvin Vettori sequence and created this gif to illustrate the principle. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/jab-arrow-breakdown-final.gif?w=390&h=236
    1. I wrote the following details in my article to clarify the gif I made by saying “There are a few key things in play When he feints, he’s out of the striking zone in the event an opponent tries to time a counter. As he feints, the opponent becomes unsure of how to react. They’re not quite in range to counter, nor are they sure if the feint is a real threat.” –strike thought
    2. At the 3:08 mark of KenanK TV’s videos he says the following “ there are a few things in play in this situation, when Adesanya feints, he’s outside of the striking range in case the opponent goes in for a counter, however as he feints, the opponent becomes unsure whether the feint is a real threat or not…”
    3. So at this point, he copied my example and the illustrations I put on the gif to demonstrate my ideas. On top of this, he copied the same exact phrases I used twice and paraphrased one time as noted above in the underlined text.
  3. So as my article transitions to the next example, I talk about Adesanya’s hand's low style and how he can use it to his advantage. Surely enough, the very next thing that comes up in KenanK TV’s video is the very same concept. Up to this point, he has copied the same exact sequence in which I’m presenting specific ideas to my readers as well as the same examples and similar descriptive language.
    1. At this point of my article, I start my content with the following text “Keep in mind that he likes to use a hand’s low style, as mentioned on Rogan’s podcast, he states that he likes having it low as it allows his hands to be low in order to fight takedown attempts and so that he can jab at odd angles. It can also serve as a manipulative tool Just as this example shows above, the low hands allowed him to draw the attention low in order to create an opening up top. –strike thought
    2. At the 3:58 mark of KenanK TV’s videos, he says the following “by keeping the hands low, it makes it easier for you to defend incoming takedown attempts from the opponent. However, at the same time by keeping the hands low you can use that to draw attention low then bring up the attack high.”
    3. Again, here we talk about the same three points in the same exact order in the underlined text above. I talked about the hands low style, using it to fight takedown attempts, and drawing the attention low to create openings up top.
  4. The next idea I talk about in my article is a section titled “signature offensive strategies.” In KenanK TV’s video around the 4:07 mark, it coincidently transitions to a section called “Offensive strategies and signature moves.” Here I talk about Adesanya’s “hip feinting.” Surely enough, KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about “Hip feinting.” He then proceeds to use the same exact examples used in my analysis. In my next example following that, I then talk about a “front step fake.” KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about “step feint to attack” in the same as I did and uses the same example as I did in my analysis. At this point, he changes his wording enough to make it distinguishable but you can already tell he completely copied the sequence in which I chose to presented information as well as the specifically edited examples I provided.
  5. Moving forward, in my piece I then move on to talk about how he uses his range.
    1. I write “He also makes good use of his superior range, often attacking at the very end of his reach to ensure he can attack and avoid taking damage back. He’ll often combo or end his offense using his reach to frame his arm against their gloves to prevent the opponent from following up.” Coincidently enough, the next thing KenanK TV happens to talk about in his video are the same ideas from my writing!
    2. KenanK TV says in his video around the 4:45 mark “…The fact that he can use his superior height and reach to stay out of range in case his opponents try to come in on him because when he attacks, he always attacks at the end of his reach. After he’s done with his attack he will frame up on his opponent’s gloves making sure the opponent won’t be in range to follow up with an attack himself.”
    3. I first talked about his superior range, then talked about how he frames against the opponents gloves then talk about preventing them from following up. KenanK TV talks about the same three main points in the same order I presented. It just looks like he just tried to change the wording around in this case. As you might have already guessed, he also used the same exact examples I used to demonstrate this principle. Here’s the gif from my article that demonstrates it. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/frame-comp.gif?w=320&h=178
  6. As my work moves forward, the very next thing I talk about in my writing is Adesanya’s use of the “question mark kick”. In KenanK TV’s video, sure enough, the very next thing he moves on to talk at the 5:10 mark of his videos is the question mark kick.” I talk about how Adesanya uses a low kick to set up the question mark kick where KenanK TV proceeds to talk about the same thing using the same exact examples to demonstrate the idea. Here’s the gif from my article. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/lead-foot-kick-switch-to-lead-question-mark-kick.gif?w=287&h=160
  7. The next thing I talk about in my writing is “Defense.” Sure enough, the very next thing presented in KenanK TV’s videos is “Defense.”
    1. In my writing, I say the following “Isreal Adesanya is a high-level kickboxer but he understands the nuanced differences between striking in MMA and kickboxing. As he noted in the previous Joe Rogan podcast, he’s cognizant of the fact that MMA has smaller gloves and the fact that shots can get through much easier. Likewise, due to the threat of takedowns and difference in rhythms from kickboxing to MMA, blocking holds a lower precedence for defense in MMA since it puts you at higher risk for various attacks. It’s a lot safer to evade and move to take away the opponent’s offensive angles and opportunities. As a result, you rarely see Adesanya blocking shots as a primary defense. He’ll do it as a last resort if it’s necessary, but evasion and movement are his primary defensive options. Adesanya prefers slipping, rolling and evading as his general defense.” –Strike thought
    2. In KenanK TV’s video, he says the following “As a former kickboxer, Adesanya understands that the approach to defense is vastly different from the traditional high guard blocking you see in today’s kickboxing in which he came from. The fact that in MMA fighters need to use smaller gloves to which opponents can easily penetrate through. He said he favors footwork and head movement over traditional blocking. He will only block unless it is his last resort of defense. Adesanya will use slipping, rolling and evading as his main source of defense.” –KenanK TV
    3. At this point of my analysis, he pretty much paraphrased my ideas in this portion of his video talking about the same important points I bring up. There’s nothing wrong with talking about the same ideas as another analyst but to come across them at the same chronological time is very suspect up to this point of his video. It’s clear he was using reading my work and constructing his video as he followed along with my analysis.
  8. The next idea I cover in my writing is a very specific signature defense that Adesanya uses. I cover that idea under the “defense” section of my article with a very specific series of examples to demonstrate the Idea. In KenanK TV’s video, it then transitions over into talking about the very same thing! The exact same signature defensive tactic even down to the exact details I covered in my piece. I then proceed to talk about the three main concepts used in the defense that involves the following:
    1. This is a very specific pattern that incorporates numerous levels of defense in a combination of several defensive techniques. There’s a purpose behind each part as well.
      1. The pull and partial slip towards the back foot serves to evade the shot and avoid exchanges in the pocket.
      2. The stance switch also ensures complete evasion from possible threats to the lead leg. The stance switch also takes away the opponent’s offensive angles.
      3. The weave lets him move his head under his centerline without getting attacked while stepping laterally to cut a sharp angle far away from the opponent.–Strike Thoughts
    2. KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about three main components that play a big role in the defensive strategy. He says the following “ now these three components will be playing a major role in first of all, staying safe of the lead leg from a potential leg kick. He’ll pull that one back, switch stances, he’ll move his head from the centerline keeping him safe from any straight attacks that may be coming in. Doing all of this while moving out of the danger zone…”
    3. You can see the comparison where he copies the three same ideas I have in the same exact order with similar descriptions.
As expected, he also used the exact same examples I used to demonstrate this concept. This guy blatantly copied my very specific ideas at this point of his analysis. This specific tactic was something that took a long time for me to figure out because I had to watch these fights several times and check my notes to finally notice this specific tactic. I had a theory about this habit Adesanya showed but I also had to support my theory by searching for the specific examples to support this concept. It proved to be a difficult task but it appears KenanK TV seems to have discovered it rather easily.

1. The next thing I talk about in my writing is when I begin to talk about when Brad Tavares starting to find success using overhands on Adesanya. Sure enough, KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about that same idea at the 7:38 mark. This guy didn’t even bother to find the clips of the fight to cut them into a video at this point. He straight out stole the specific gif I edited to explain my ideas and edited it into his video. You can tell because this portion of the video is very pixelated and the series of sequences in my gif are exactly the same as what’s shown in his video. It’s pixelated because I only capture gif images in small windows so that when readers have gifs load; it will load more pleasantly since the image is small. Doing that sacrifices the quality though. Here’s the gif examples from my article of that sequence. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/overhand-comp.gif?w=338&h=191
  2. so far, all these things I listed above are the exact same things he talks about as well in the exact same order! It’s no coincidence that he somehow managed to have almost a dozen of the same ideas I have in the same chronological order. There were several other instances too but I felt these examples were enough to get my point across.
Closing Thoughts
I would like to mention that using the same gif sequences as other analyst doesn’t necessarily imply plagiarism. I don’t believe we shouldn’t loosely cast those accusations around. We’re all watching the same fight after all. However, to be this specific to this degree of detail and have similarities in not only examples but also phrasing, chronological layout, and many other aspects are very suspicious.

As you can see, the evidence I’ve provided here, he copied my work from the things I showed you in the list above. Likewise, you can see the many examples where he also paraphrased or straight out used my own words to describe ideas in the quotes I’ve provided. There are far too many examples where he just copies the sequences, examples, and language that you can easily dismiss the fact that this could just be parallel thinking. It’s clear that he plagiarized my work and passed it off as his own. This might not be the first time he’s copied someone’s work so this is a heads up that he may have ripped off your content already if you create martial arts analysis. He has dozens of “breakdowns” so far and I’m kind of scared to even check them out because I might find that he may have plagiarized those from other people too. I’m not even mad about this situation, to be honest. I’m more amused that someone was this lazy to not even make it distinguishable enough to avoid this whole ordeal.

This is a dishonest thing KenanK TV has done here to have plagiarized my work. This guy has a Patreon and a YouTube channel is trying to make money off of the efforts of someone like me. My hopes are that he doesn’t continue doing this to other analysts as well because there is a lot of brilliant analysts like Jack Slack, Ryan Wagner, Lawrence Kenshin, BJJ Scout and many others who don't deserve that. We put so much time and effort into producing content and it's sad to have someone else like this take the credit just to build their channel. I’m not really sure what I can do about it atm so the best thing I can do is raise some awareness to other MMA enthusiast who regularly consumes MMA content.

I have yet to address this to him directly so I’m unsure if he’s going to deny or own up to his plagiarism but with close to a dozen instances, it's unlikely he can justify every single piece of evidence with a valid excuse.

TLDR version:

His video plagiarized my breakdown analysis. He describes dozens of specific ideas in the same exact chronological order that I laid out to describe my ideas. He uses the same exact examples and on top of that, used descriptive language and phrasing that’s the same or similar what I’m describing with a loose attempt to change his wording to try to sound different (Several bits of evidence provided above).

My goal to help inspire technique and appreciation for the fighters has turned into a soured betrayal from a person who demonstrates poor integrity. I’m just one of the smaller content creators that people barely know about so it’s hard to see my worked ripped off. Anyways, thank you if you took the time to read this post and also, I appreciate everyone who’s been supportive of the content I’ve shared here the years. It means a lot. I love this community.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I remember your write up on the Justin Gaethje/Michael Johnson fight. Good stuff man, hope you do more of those around here.

Pretty shitty if this guy is stealing material and presenting it as his own.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
you own copyright on the material, have you complained to YouTube?
or just give a lawyer a billable hour to send a couple C&D letters for the specific videos that plagiarize your work.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'll definitely be checking into this when I have some time

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
wow..we all need to do a virtual dojo storm on his channel..Ima troll him later

strikingthoughts

Posting Machine
Dec 1, 2015
You guys are hilarious. Also, thanks for the support. Looks like he apologized and took down his video. I don't think I'd do much about this atm. Gonna focus on learning to copyright my writing and move on to my next writing project. It looks like a lot of people are piling on him. Reading comments from other people from different places, it seems like I may not be the only victim. Kind of concerning but at this point, he's done a lot of damage to his credibility.

Waaz

Colby #1 Fan
Jan 7, 2019
It's been a while but if you remember me, I created many breakdown analysis and shared them here. Here's a few of them. I still lurk here from time to time for the lols when fight evens happen over the weekends.

Justin Gaethje vs. Michael Johnson: Fighting Styles and a Match-up Clash (Technical breakdown)

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Henderson 2: Exploring The Technical Craft (Breakdown)

and the thread list of all my other analysis work here: https://themmacommunity.com/search/21777820/

I want to bring to light that a certain Youtuber who goes by the name KenanK TV. This guy is stealing analyst work and passing it off as his own to build his channel. I was recently recommended a video of his on youtube and quickly realized his worked looked far too familiar. I realized he had the audacity to plagiarize the work I published and shared here recently.

It’s not likely that two people could miraculously have dozens of the same specific ideas and choose to present them in the same exact order with the same or similar phrasing with the same descriptive language and the same examples to such specific detail.

I don’t believe in throwing around such claims so lightly without strong evidence so below is the side-by-side comparative evidence of what I’m bringing forth. I’ve provided a link to my original work and a link to his video so you can see the side-by-side comparisons. I published and posted my work in around November 2, 2018, while his video was made long after on March 7th, 2019. My work was well established long before his video came out.

KenaK TV made a youtube video titled " Israel Adesanya's INSANE STRIKING SKILLS (Film Study) | UFC 236: Full Fight Breakdown Analysis" that was plagiarized from my analysis work in the links I provided below.

Link to my reddit post and blog article. Israel “The Last Style Bender” Adesanya: The Art of subtlety (Technical fighting style breakdown) Part 1

Link to his youtube video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVVnzWSTIys

A backup video can be found on here:
View: https://streamable.com/kczjt

Evidence
  1. As I begin my writing piece, the earliest thing I mention is the following:
    1. A fighter who’s subjected to various feints will more than likely have troubles trying to establish a successful defensive rhythm.” –strike thought
    2. At the 2:09 mark of KenanK TV’s video, he says “because of these feints, an opponent will have trouble establishing an offensive rhythm and a way to have success in a fight.”
    3. This seems like it could be just a coincidence that we both would want to talk about establishing a successful defensive rhythm, but as you progress through these numerous examples, you’ll see the similarities become very frequent and there will be times where he straight out copies word for word.
  2. As you get to the next topic in my article, I detail some of the technical details about his fight with Rob Wilkison.
    1. I saw the following: “In his bout against Rob Wilkinson, Adesanya fought off a lot of takedown attempts in the early rounds. Moving into the second round, Adesanya got a lot of good reads for Wilkinson’s rhythm and knew many of his attempts were based on the fact that he was trying to time takedowns. Adesanya adapted well and started going for the body shots, making him think twice about dropping low and also made good use of feints to make him unsure of when to shoot or defend. The feints proved to be useful as it made Wilkinson think twice about attacking. We also saw how useful feints were in baiting out takedowns when Wilkinson expended energy attempting one off of Adesanya’s feint.” –strike thought. I go through the process of explaining his feinting game and then proceed to talk about specific examples where it’s applicable. I start off by talking about how useful it was against Rob. Wilkinson and how using his feints were useful in drawing out takedowns and to make him expend energy.
    2. At the 2:25 mark of KenanK TV’s video, he happens to talk about the same exact details.
      1. Adapting to rob Wilkinson as he tried timing takedowns
      2. Using feints to draw out takedowns
      3. making him expend energy.
    3. We hit the same three points and also used the same exact examples. My gif was the same as his clips. Perhaps still this might just be a coincidence but you’ll start to see in the next example that it gets far too similar as though he’s literally following all my exact body of work.
  1. In my second example, I used Marvin Vitori to talk about a very specific sequence to describe a specific principle. In KenanK TV’s example, his second example, he happens to use the same fighter and the same sequence to describe the same technical principle. Things start to get fishy at this point.
    1. On top of that, I use the following sentence to transition into this example by saying the following: “If he’s not using the feints to absorb information from his opponent, he’s using it to open up his opponent’s defenses. Here’s an example of how he’s able to find openings through the use of his feints against Marvin Vettori.” –strike thought
    2. KenanK TV happens to use an extremely similar sentence to transition into this Marvin Vettori example as well. At the 2:50 mark, KenanK TV says the following: “when he’s not using feints to get a read on his opponents, he’s using feints to create openings and establish his own attacks.
    3. Again, we hit the same topic at the same chronological time, hitting the same points about absorbing the opponent’s reactions and finding openings with feints.
  2. Even in the very specific example I used, I described the technical details of the Marvin Vettori sequence and created this gif to illustrate the principle. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/jab-arrow-breakdown-final.gif?w=390&h=236
    1. I wrote the following details in my article to clarify the gif I made by saying “There are a few key things in play When he feints, he’s out of the striking zone in the event an opponent tries to time a counter. As he feints, the opponent becomes unsure of how to react. They’re not quite in range to counter, nor are they sure if the feint is a real threat.” –strike thought
    2. At the 3:08 mark of KenanK TV’s videos he says the following “ there are a few things in play in this situation, when Adesanya feints, he’s outside of the striking range in case the opponent goes in for a counter, however as he feints, the opponent becomes unsure whether the feint is a real threat or not…”
    3. So at this point, he copied my example and the illustrations I put on the gif to demonstrate my ideas. On top of this, he copied the same exact phrases I used twice and paraphrased one time as noted above in the underlined text.
  3. So as my article transitions to the next example, I talk about Adesanya’s hand's low style and how he can use it to his advantage. Surely enough, the very next thing that comes up in KenanK TV’s video is the very same concept. Up to this point, he has copied the same exact sequence in which I’m presenting specific ideas to my readers as well as the same examples and similar descriptive language.
    1. At this point of my article, I start my content with the following text “Keep in mind that he likes to use a hand’s low style, as mentioned on Rogan’s podcast, he states that he likes having it low as it allows his hands to be low in order to fight takedown attempts and so that he can jab at odd angles. It can also serve as a manipulative tool Just as this example shows above, the low hands allowed him to draw the attention low in order to create an opening up top. –strike thought
    2. At the 3:58 mark of KenanK TV’s videos, he says the following “by keeping the hands low, it makes it easier for you to defend incoming takedown attempts from the opponent. However, at the same time by keeping the hands low you can use that to draw attention low then bring up the attack high.”
    3. Again, here we talk about the same three points in the same exact order in the underlined text above. I talked about the hands low style, using it to fight takedown attempts, and drawing the attention low to create openings up top.
  4. The next idea I talk about in my article is a section titled “signature offensive strategies.” In KenanK TV’s video around the 4:07 mark, it coincidently transitions to a section called “Offensive strategies and signature moves.” Here I talk about Adesanya’s “hip feinting.” Surely enough, KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about “Hip feinting.” He then proceeds to use the same exact examples used in my analysis. In my next example following that, I then talk about a “front step fake.” KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about “step feint to attack” in the same as I did and uses the same example as I did in my analysis. At this point, he changes his wording enough to make it distinguishable but you can already tell he completely copied the sequence in which I chose to presented information as well as the specifically edited examples I provided.
  5. Moving forward, in my piece I then move on to talk about how he uses his range.
    1. I write “He also makes good use of his superior range, often attacking at the very end of his reach to ensure he can attack and avoid taking damage back. He’ll often combo or end his offense using his reach to frame his arm against their gloves to prevent the opponent from following up.” Coincidently enough, the next thing KenanK TV happens to talk about in his video are the same ideas from my writing!
    2. KenanK TV says in his video around the 4:45 mark “…The fact that he can use his superior height and reach to stay out of range in case his opponents try to come in on him because when he attacks, he always attacks at the end of his reach. After he’s done with his attack he will frame up on his opponent’s gloves making sure the opponent won’t be in range to follow up with an attack himself.”
    3. I first talked about his superior range, then talked about how he frames against the opponents gloves then talk about preventing them from following up. KenanK TV talks about the same three main points in the same order I presented. It just looks like he just tried to change the wording around in this case. As you might have already guessed, he also used the same exact examples I used to demonstrate this principle. Here’s the gif from my article that demonstrates it. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/frame-comp.gif?w=320&h=178
  6. As my work moves forward, the very next thing I talk about in my writing is Adesanya’s use of the “question mark kick”. In KenanK TV’s video, sure enough, the very next thing he moves on to talk at the 5:10 mark of his videos is the question mark kick.” I talk about how Adesanya uses a low kick to set up the question mark kick where KenanK TV proceeds to talk about the same thing using the same exact examples to demonstrate the idea. Here’s the gif from my article. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/lead-foot-kick-switch-to-lead-question-mark-kick.gif?w=287&h=160
  7. The next thing I talk about in my writing is “Defense.” Sure enough, the very next thing presented in KenanK TV’s videos is “Defense.”
    1. In my writing, I say the following “Isreal Adesanya is a high-level kickboxer but he understands the nuanced differences between striking in MMA and kickboxing. As he noted in the previous Joe Rogan podcast, he’s cognizant of the fact that MMA has smaller gloves and the fact that shots can get through much easier. Likewise, due to the threat of takedowns and difference in rhythms from kickboxing to MMA, blocking holds a lower precedence for defense in MMA since it puts you at higher risk for various attacks. It’s a lot safer to evade and move to take away the opponent’s offensive angles and opportunities. As a result, you rarely see Adesanya blocking shots as a primary defense. He’ll do it as a last resort if it’s necessary, but evasion and movement are his primary defensive options. Adesanya prefers slipping, rolling and evading as his general defense.” –Strike thought
    2. In KenanK TV’s video, he says the following “As a former kickboxer, Adesanya understands that the approach to defense is vastly different from the traditional high guard blocking you see in today’s kickboxing in which he came from. The fact that in MMA fighters need to use smaller gloves to which opponents can easily penetrate through. He said he favors footwork and head movement over traditional blocking. He will only block unless it is his last resort of defense. Adesanya will use slipping, rolling and evading as his main source of defense.” –KenanK TV
    3. At this point of my analysis, he pretty much paraphrased my ideas in this portion of his video talking about the same important points I bring up. There’s nothing wrong with talking about the same ideas as another analyst but to come across them at the same chronological time is very suspect up to this point of his video. It’s clear he was using reading my work and constructing his video as he followed along with my analysis.
  8. The next idea I cover in my writing is a very specific signature defense that Adesanya uses. I cover that idea under the “defense” section of my article with a very specific series of examples to demonstrate the Idea. In KenanK TV’s video, it then transitions over into talking about the very same thing! The exact same signature defensive tactic even down to the exact details I covered in my piece. I then proceed to talk about the three main concepts used in the defense that involves the following:
    1. This is a very specific pattern that incorporates numerous levels of defense in a combination of several defensive techniques. There’s a purpose behind each part as well.
      1. The pull and partial slip towards the back foot serves to evade the shot and avoid exchanges in the pocket.
      2. The stance switch also ensures complete evasion from possible threats to the lead leg. The stance switch also takes away the opponent’s offensive angles.
      3. The weave lets him move his head under his centerline without getting attacked while stepping laterally to cut a sharp angle far away from the opponent.–Strike Thoughts
    2. KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about three main components that play a big role in the defensive strategy. He says the following “ now these three components will be playing a major role in first of all, staying safe of the lead leg from a potential leg kick. He’ll pull that one back, switch stances, he’ll move his head from the centerline keeping him safe from any straight attacks that may be coming in. Doing all of this while moving out of the danger zone…”
    3. You can see the comparison where he copies the three same ideas I have in the same exact order with similar descriptions.
As expected, he also used the exact same examples I used to demonstrate this concept. This guy blatantly copied my very specific ideas at this point of his analysis. This specific tactic was something that took a long time for me to figure out because I had to watch these fights several times and check my notes to finally notice this specific tactic. I had a theory about this habit Adesanya showed but I also had to support my theory by searching for the specific examples to support this concept. It proved to be a difficult task but it appears KenanK TV seems to have discovered it rather easily.

1. The next thing I talk about in my writing is when I begin to talk about when Brad Tavares starting to find success using overhands on Adesanya. Sure enough, KenanK TV then proceeds to talk about that same idea at the 7:38 mark. This guy didn’t even bother to find the clips of the fight to cut them into a video at this point. He straight out stole the specific gif I edited to explain my ideas and edited it into his video. You can tell because this portion of the video is very pixelated and the series of sequences in my gif are exactly the same as what’s shown in his video. It’s pixelated because I only capture gif images in small windows so that when readers have gifs load; it will load more pleasantly since the image is small. Doing that sacrifices the quality though. Here’s the gif examples from my article of that sequence. https://strikingthoughtssite.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/overhand-comp.gif?w=338&h=191
  2. so far, all these things I listed above are the exact same things he talks about as well in the exact same order! It’s no coincidence that he somehow managed to have almost a dozen of the same ideas I have in the same chronological order. There were several other instances too but I felt these examples were enough to get my point across.
Closing Thoughts
I would like to mention that using the same gif sequences as other analyst doesn’t necessarily imply plagiarism. I don’t believe we shouldn’t loosely cast those accusations around. We’re all watching the same fight after all. However, to be this specific to this degree of detail and have similarities in not only examples but also phrasing, chronological layout, and many other aspects are very suspicious.

As you can see, the evidence I’ve provided here, he copied my work from the things I showed you in the list above. Likewise, you can see the many examples where he also paraphrased or straight out used my own words to describe ideas in the quotes I’ve provided. There are far too many examples where he just copies the sequences, examples, and language that you can easily dismiss the fact that this could just be parallel thinking. It’s clear that he plagiarized my work and passed it off as his own. This might not be the first time he’s copied someone’s work so this is a heads up that he may have ripped off your content already if you create martial arts analysis. He has dozens of “breakdowns” so far and I’m kind of scared to even check them out because I might find that he may have plagiarized those from other people too. I’m not even mad about this situation, to be honest. I’m more amused that someone was this lazy to not even make it distinguishable enough to avoid this whole ordeal.

This is a dishonest thing KenanK TV has done here to have plagiarized my work. This guy has a Patreon and a YouTube channel is trying to make money off of the efforts of someone like me. My hopes are that he doesn’t continue doing this to other analysts as well because there is a lot of brilliant analysts like Jack Slack, Ryan Wagner, Lawrence Kenshin, BJJ Scout and many others who don't deserve that. We put so much time and effort into producing content and it's sad to have someone else like this take the credit just to build their channel. I’m not really sure what I can do about it atm so the best thing I can do is raise some awareness to other MMA enthusiast who regularly consumes MMA content.

I have yet to address this to him directly so I’m unsure if he’s going to deny or own up to his plagiarism but with close to a dozen instances, it's unlikely he can justify every single piece of evidence with a valid excuse.

TLDR version:

His video plagiarized my breakdown analysis. He describes dozens of specific ideas in the same exact chronological order that I laid out to describe my ideas. He uses the same exact examples and on top of that, used descriptive language and phrasing that’s the same or similar what I’m describing with a loose attempt to change his wording to try to sound different (Several bits of evidence provided above).

My goal to help inspire technique and appreciation for the fighters has turned into a soured betrayal from a person who demonstrates poor integrity. I’m just one of the smaller content creators that people barely know about so it’s hard to see my worked ripped off. Anyways, thank you if you took the time to read this post and also, I appreciate everyone who’s been supportive of the content I’ve shared here the years. It means a lot. I love this community.
KenanK is a dumbfuck , he doesnr know shit about MMA.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
What I'm wondering is which Tmmac member this guy is if he was lifting from here. Probably a lurking UGer. Man vs. Net no doubt.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Like when Joe Rogan supports Amy Schumer when material is being ripped off...it’s just “Parallel Thinking” bro...