Listen Kendrick Lamar's Damn

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I don't get the hype behind Kendrick Lamar nothing really grabs my attention.

only song of his I liked was swimming pools.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Good to see NY'er kneeblock @Kneeblock give praise yet again to a West Coast artist.

Between this thread, and that one thread where he said that Pac was way better than Biggie, its shown that he has pretty good taste in Hip Hop

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I don't get the hype behind Kendrick Lamar nothing really grabs my attention.
Not that I'm an expert but I agree. I recognize what he brings but I don't really like his voice and non of his stuff pulls me in whatsoever as a complete package. And I did listen to DAMN just earlier today. Better than most but still not my thing.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Good to see NY'er kneeblock @Kneeblock give praise yet again to a West Coast artist.

Between this thread, and that one thread where he said that Pac was way better than Biggie, its shown that he has pretty good taste in Hip Hop
Whoa easy there. Kendrick is the king now. But F tupac right in the unitard. Biggie for life.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Not that I'm an expert but I agree. I recognize what he brings but I don't really like his voice and non of his stuff pulls me in whatsoever as a complete package. And I did listen to DAMN just earlier today. Better than most but still not my thing.
I'm not sure how much of a hip hop fan you are, but he may be well on his way to being the GOAT. He's definitely the best of right now by a wide margin. His albums are more listening to a Coltrane or Beatles album than a rapper's album. Dude is sonically unreal and lyrically several steps ahead. I can unpack a bit more why I think so after the UFC. But if you go back to Section 80, Good kid MAAD City, To Pimp A Butterfly and now Damn, there's an arc of steady ascent you can trace which is all the more impressive since the albums sound almost nothing alike. Dude is like Amazo from DC Comics.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
I'm not sure how much of a hip hop fan you are, but he may be well on his way to being the GOAT. He's definitely the best of right now by a wide margin. His albums are more listening to a Coltrane or Beatles album than a rapper's album. Dude is sonically unreal and lyrically several steps ahead. I can unpack a bit more why I think so after the UFC. But if you go back to Section 80, Good kid MAAD City, To Pimp A Butterfly and now Damn, there's an arc of steady ascent you can trace which is all the more impressive since the albums sound almost nothing alike. Dude is like Amazo from DC Comics.
Not that much anymore I have to admit. I grew up on it, but mainly German hip hop, which well, in my opinion is the richer language, which has a bigger part here than for example in pop.
But I did kinda stop at some point and most of the newer stuff I don't like, English as well as German, as I venture into other genres.
Now I can still find something I like here and there, and I do recognize uniqueness and artistry like for example from Aesop Rock.
But I don't know, Kendrick Lamar doesn't do it for me. I also never was a big Eminem fan, because I didn't like his voice either. Seems like a big thing for me.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

Pac was so much better im not sure where that comparison came from. Biggie was great dont get me wrong, but Pac was just fucking sick and spit some crazy shit.