Keto

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
4 months almost 30lbs. Not bad at all. I started Keto because I was trying to find a way to lose weight for a jiujitsu competition. I'm rehabbing a groin injury, so I haven't been able to do much besides walking. It's all been a dietary change. I'm excited about what's going to happen when I can start working out again.
Check it out.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
But do you feel like your brain can't function properly when you deprive it so much of carbs?

I'm so weary of diets that treat fruit like an enemy.

Maybe in the short term people lose a bunch of weight, but I wonder about the long term effects...

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
What parts aren't you a fan of?
Personally I do not like to cut anything out of my nutrition programs. My programs are full of good fats, carbs and protein. Your body needs everything. Also most people (not saying Op) do it wrong and fuck themselves up badly and their metabolic rate takes years to get back to a normal place. I will have people cycle carbs towards the end of my program sometimes to really cut them up but even on the "no carb" days there is still carbs just lowered.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Personally I do not like to cut anything out of my nutrition programs. My programs are full of good fats, carbs and protein. Your body needs everything. Also most people (not saying Op) do it wrong and fuck themselves up badly and their metabolic rate takes years to get back to a normal place. I will have people cycle carbs towards the end of my program sometimes to really cut them up but even on the "no carb" days there is still carbs just lowered.
Thanks...

I am more of an intermittent fasting guy so that is all I have experience with...but I would still eat carbs during my 5 hour window in evening

you are a trainer?

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
But do you feel like your brain can't function properly when you deprive it so much of carbs?

Maybe in the short term people lose a bunch of weight, but I wonder about the long term effects...
No, my brain is firing on all cylinders. I feel sharper, not as forgetful. I’ll be getting blood work done in a few weeks, so i’ll Know if my numbers improve.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
It’s almost impossible to totally cut carbs. They’re in everything. Healthy carbs (veggies) are allowed because the fiber offsets the carb total. As long as you’re not eating junk, getting into Ketosis is pretty easy. Once the body starts using fat as a fuel source, it feels like everything falls into place. Reduced hunger and sugar pangs are a great byproduct as well.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I cut out processed carbs and starches when I drop. Still keep fruit and veggies. Takes me a few days to switch and they're a bit miserable but once I'm keto, my appetite changes and I'm happy eating like that.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I dropped about 30 pounds also, but over 6(?) months with little to no exercise.
But now I'm healthier than I've been in years, I just started exercise and working out again. I figure I can lose another 30 once I get into the swing of it.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017

took a couple weeks for me to feel right, brain function was ok when I cut the carbs out but I was not a pleasant person. after that it's great, sleep a lot better too

workouts are pretty tough too until your body adjusts, first workout I was about a quarter into it & felt like I'd been working out for 2 hours

Last edited:

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
40 lbs. down in 4 months. Feeling like a champ. Now to start my heavy lifting program.

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
I started about a week ago to trim these last 5-6 lbs on my way to light feather. I have about a week and a half now to get the last 3.5 and have been doing a very low carb diet. Seems okay but man do I miss bread. I don't plan on sustaining a keto state, but I have done it twice now just kickstart a healthier diet.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
This are my results in a little over 4 months. 40 lbs. All diet.

Question:
  1. Are you super strict on keto (measure ketones make sure you're 25grams of carbs or less, etc)?
  2. Are you time-restricted on the eating window (intermittent fasting)?
I clearly plateaued with about a 27 lb loss on keto alone (& some physical therapy) and am ready to kick it to the next stage.

Darqnezz

Apr 25, 2015
Question:
  1. Are you super strict on keto (measure ketones make sure you're 25grams of carbs or less, etc)? Yes, I'm super strict 5-6 days a week. I track my macros with the MY Macro Plus app. I'm usually under 20g net carbs per day with no issues. I measure Ketones with the Keto Mojo meter.
  2. Are you time-restricted on the eating window (intermittent fasting)? Most days I eat on a 16/8 window. Every couple of weeks i'll do a prolonged fat fast, of 24-48 hours, where I will only have bone broth and bulletproof coffee. The fasts helped push me past the plateaus. Now I'm experimenting with upping my protein and fat intake as I try to pack on some muscle.
I clearly plateaued with about a 27 lb loss on keto alone (& some physical therapy) and am ready to kick it to the next stage.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Started keto almost 2 weeks ago and so far I've been loving it. Whenever I start a diet, it goes well at first but after the 3 day mark I crack and run to McDonalds and the whole thing blows up.

Dropped a ton of weight in the first week, I know it's just water weight but it's still nice to see the difference on the scale. Never went through much of a keto flu, but had the brain fog thing. At one point I was standing in front of my coffee maker and it might as well have been a nuclear reactor, it took me a good 30 seconds to remember how to use it lol

But no problems maintaining it. I never feel hungry and the cravings for junk food is basically non existent - even while doing IF.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
lol I took a week ban from r/keto because I talked about how I broke keto for a day and ate some junk food. The moderator messaged me saying it could "trigger" others. What a bunch of pussies.