Ketogenic Diet?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

pattitude

Posting Machine
Pro Fighter
Oct 25, 2015
Is this legit?

I've done Atkins and I had great results, but that was years ago. I have no problems eating meat and cheese all day. Hell, I'll even punch a cow in the face just so I can eat it later!

The problem is that my gut doesn't really like eggs anymore. Afterwards (like 1.5 hours!) I shit like a goose.

I'm also an avid I-will-not-eat-cooked-vegetables man (except asparagus and peppers on the BBQ)!

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
It's legit if you do it right. I'm not a fan of keto I have tried it for bodybuilding and it flattened me out, but I also know some guys it works amazingly well for. It really depends from person to person how the results will be.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Ketosis means you are burning fat as a primary fuel source. Any diet that achieves this will be a ketogenic diet.

I go low carb to control weight. It works great for that but as Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 says, it can leave you flat. I have carbs on training days.

If eggs upset your guts, don't eat them.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ketosis means you are burning fat as a primary fuel source. Any diet that achieves this will be a ketogenic diet.

I go low carb to control weight. It works great for that but as Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 says, it can leave you flat. I have carbs on training days.

If eggs upset your guts, don't eat them.
Yup and i think the biggest problem with this is people dont understand what the Macro Ratio should be for Keto and thus fuck themselves and their hormones up.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
Screw rolling with people doing keto as well, they smell of amonia with the ketones burning.

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
That normally means what the ratio between protein/fat/carbs is set at. I will let them say what they think the keto ratio should be.

N.H.

The chick on the left is Drunk Tammy :)
Oct 27, 2015
N.H. @NorthernHospitality has had amazing results from doing the Keto diet and a ton of hard work in the gym. She is testament that it works. I'll tag her and hopefully she can elaborate a bit.

I'm still in awe of tagging people in posts! fuck this forum is cool!

Since my biggest loser comp i've went down another 10 pounds, I've lost 44 pounds since September 30th following the ketogenic diet and going to the gym 4-6 times a week..

Macros are different for each person so you need to keto calculate to find out what your macro ratio is...

Keto Calculator

I was really strict for 8 weeks... I went hardcore and only ate nuts, veggies, eggs, meat, and fish. Drank black tea, carbonated water, and black coffee. I avoided sugar and carbs completely as you must with this WOE. ( Way of eating)I was in Ketosis for 2 months and I became keto adapted..usually takes up to three months but i was so vigilant it happened quicker, which lead to rapid weight loss, but it all depends on the person.

After my final weigh in a ran to the fucking restaurant and had breakfast with fucking homefries and Orange juice and it was EPIC! sadly it knocked me out of ketosis that day but because I am keto adapted now I was back in ketosis the next day!

Once a week I have a cheat meal of whatever the fuck I want and follow a low carb diet the rest of the time. Cause of the holidays and family and shit i haven't been to the gym as much this month and I'm still losing.

Please pay attention to your macros. When you start this after the 3rd or fourth day you will feel like a can of smashed assholes... It's the keto flu.. Your body is starting to burn your fat instead of the sugar cause youre not eating carbs.. You will feel light headed and dizzy and pukey! When this happens take 200 mg's of magnesium and 200mg's of potassium... after that gets in your system you will become euphoric! The day i went into ketosis it was like I ate MDMA! You feel great, the energy you have is amazing and it stays!

This is me. It's fucked. This way of eating saved my life.. I have hypertension and was on the road to diabetes...not anymore! LOOK HOW FUCKING RED MY FACE WAS! By the end of this year i plan to be off all my meds and I will have fucking abs!

This diet kicked my hormones back to right where they were supposed to be. I haven't had a period in 10 years..even had a baby without a period.. In the last 2 months i've gotten one, on the same day as the last month... Even back in the day when I did get my rag is was never clockwork like it is now.

Look how much i've changed in a month.. This pic was taken last weekend.. and i've been to the gym about 7 times in December.

Also keto helps with epilepsy and helps diabetics control their sugar levels, and has helped people feel better during cancer treatments.

Pm me your facebook and I can add you to groups that are keto and the results people get are astonishing, it keeps you motivated and you learn so many benefits to this diet!

The food you can eat on this diet is epic! Dude I bake!

This is all Ketogenic, and sugar free :) IT WAS FUCKING DELISH!

Brigsy

Jan 21, 2015
It's a whole aroma. I think it's my super power to smell it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
I'm still in awe of tagging people in posts! fuck this forum is cool!

Since my biggest loser comp i've went down another 10 pounds, I've lost 44 pounds since September 30th following the ketogenic diet and going to the gym 4-6 times a week..

Macros are different for each person so you need to keto calculate to find out what your macro ratio is...

Keto Calculator

I was really strict for 8 weeks... I went hardcore and only ate nuts, veggies, eggs, meat, and fish. Drank black tea, carbonated water, and black coffee. I avoided sugar and carbs completely as you must with this WOE. ( Way of eating)I was in Ketosis for 2 months and I became keto adapted..usually takes up to three months but i was so vigilant it happened quicker, which lead to rapid weight loss, but it all depends on the person.

After my final weigh in a ran to the fucking restaurant and had breakfast with fucking homefries and Orange juice and it was EPIC! sadly it knocked me out of ketosis that day but because I am keto adapted now I was back in ketosis the next day!

Once a week I have a cheat meal of whatever the fuck I want and follow a low carb diet the rest of the time. Cause of the holidays and family and shit i haven't been to the gym as much this month and I'm still losing.

Please pay attention to your macros. When you start this after the 3rd or fourth day you will feel like a can of smashed assholes... It's the keto flu.. Your body is starting to burn your fat instead of the sugar cause youre not eating carbs.. You will feel light headed and dizzy and pukey! When this happens take 200 mg's of magnesium and 200mg's of potassium... after that gets in your system you will become euphoric! The day i went into ketosis it was like I ate MDMA! You feel great, the energy you have is amazing and it stays!

This is me. It's fucked. This way of eating saved my life.. I have hypertension and was on the road to diabetes...not anymore! LOOK HOW FUCKING RED MY FACE WAS! By the end of this year i plan to be off all my meds and I will have fucking abs!

This diet kicked my hormones back to right where they were supposed to be. I haven't had a period in 10 years..even had a baby without a period.. In the last 2 months i've gotten one, on the same day as the last month... Even back in the day when I did get my rag is was never clockwork like it is now.

Look how much i've changed in a month.. This pic was taken last weekend.. and i've been to the gym about 7 times in December.

Also keto helps with epilepsy and helps diabetics control their sugar levels, and has helped people feel better during cancer treatments.

Pm me your facebook and I can add you to groups that are keto and the results people get are astonishing, it keeps you motivated and you learn so many benefits to this diet!

The food you can eat on this diet is epic! Dude I bake!

This is all Ketogenic, and sugar free :) IT WAS FUCKING DELISH!

Very impressive.
Congrats.
I'll pm you.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I've been planning on starting this diet for weeks now. With Rogan and Shaun always talking about how great they feel. Then Seeing NH thread at the other place. I figured why not. Been hitting the gym the last few weeks. But still eating trash. Going hardcore this weekend. Just bumping this thread for info.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I'm kind of in the middle of a bodybuilding bulk this summer, but the keto diet sounds attractive.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I looked into it but I'm just weary of these diets that tell you that you can't eat fruits and vegetables. It seems a bit silly.

Any diet philosophy that says a heavily processed meat like bacon and sausage is a better choice for your body than most fruits and vegetables is a bit suspect to me.

RedDragonUK

Posting Machine
Apr 17, 2015
As far as I know you can eat green veg and some fruit on this one it just limits white starchy stuff like white potatoes. NH said she would take a look.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Been on this for a full three days now. Worst part has been no pizza and soda. But now I have this weird Freaking taste in my mouth. I've brushed my teeth multiple times and drink tons of water. But still have it. Other than that, things are going good. Just looking forward to completing my first week of this.