ketogenic eating

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
No direct fat in my diet at the moment. Depending on where I am at getting closer to the show I might add fats when carbs get lowered depending on how I look. NOW I WILL SAY that i can take zero fat because im on TRT BUT I WOULD NOT recommend zero fat to people who are not, because fats help regulate hormones. I know people who are not on TRT or anything and do no fat and are just fine once they put fats back in, but imo that is playing with fire. No I am just a local and hopefully soon to be national competitor. To be a pro i would really have to step on the "gas" so to speak lol.
Very interesting- I'm 37 and have only lifted to condition for grappling and boxing my entire life. I have to shift down on the fighting due to injuries accrued, but I'm getting really into lifting/bodybuilding... is it worth it to start at 37? Will i see good progress this late in the game?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Very interesting- I'm 37 and have only lifted to condition for grappling and boxing my entire life. I have to shift down on the fighting due to injuries accrued, but I'm getting really into lifting/bodybuilding... is it worth it to start at 37? Will i see good progress this late in the game?
Bro believe it or not you are still somewhat in your prime especially for BBing. Your muscle maturity is there, you just need a proper foundation and a legit exercise and nutrition program. A client I worked with was a fat fuck and is now shredded like crazy.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Bro believe it or not you are still somewhat in your prime especially for BBing. Your muscle maturity is there, you just need a proper foundation and a legit exercise and nutrition program. A client I worked with was a fat fuck and is now shredded like crazy.
Interesting... it's actually not the cutting/shredding I have an issue with, it's adding size. The new diet should help, but I'm not seeing drastic increases like I thought I would... yet. Strength is increasing, but not size.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Interesting... it's actually not the cutting/shredding I have an issue with, it's adding size. The new diet should help, but I'm not seeing drastic increases like I thought I would... yet. Strength is increasing, but not size.
If you want to put on size to be honest that is a bit more intricate believe it or not. I cant get into it in full because its a lengthy process and discussion. I will say this do your thing for a few months if nothing happens maybe think about hiring me for the same amount of time and lets see what happens.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
You need to find out your BMR (the calories you burn at rest) +
Your daily calories burned

Here's a helpful link to the BMR:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Then take your BMR and multiply it by your daily activity the closest as per this formula (which has served me very well in terms of accuracy):

Harris Benedict Activity Formula

Sedentary (little or no exercise) – BMR x 1.2

Lightly Active (light exercise or sport 1-3 days per week) – BMR x 1.375

Moderately Active (moderate exercise or sport 3 – 5 days per week) – BMR x 1.55

Very Active (hard exercise or sport 6 – 7 days per week) – BMR x 1.725

Extremely Active (very intense exercise or sports plus physically demanding job) – BMR x 1.9

Example: a fairly skinny 6'0'' guy at 165 lbs wants to put on muscle without putting on too much fat (aka the smart bulking aka lean gains, understanding that not all the muscle will be 100% free of gaining some fat)

BMR = 1780 per day.
He works an office job and lifts heavy 3 x week

1780 x 1.55 = 2759 calories needed per day to maintain.

If he wants to add muscle, he needs 300-500 more daily *to avoid excessive fat gains* along with those muscles. 400-500 if he's a hard gainer.

Most important part --> He needs to be sure to stay consistent for about 14 days on the calorie amount (and meeting macros) to see how his body responds and adjust accordingly.

It depends on you (what you do), What you want, And your DNA.

If you want to get it right, you gotta have your own guinea pig mentality of testing with a controlled plan, at least for a couple months, depending on your level (beginner, advanced, etc), and tweak until you get to your own sweet spot.

You gotta learn the 'inner game' of it too. Not obsessing over a tiny bit of fat if it means muscle gain, or overeating because you justify it with putting on muscle.

Everyone tries to impose their own as the absolute truth and they're just right about themselves. It's different for everyone.

If I place all that in a short video, it throws people, robbing them of the chance to want to find out how to look and feel they way they want to look and feel, by confusing them.

When you see something is possible and remove all the bullshit limiting beliefs everyone bombards you with, you're far more likely to achieve that same goal not everyone believes to be true due to either negativity, lazy misinformation, etc.

The point is to show people what's possible, to show them don't have to get super fat to build muscle only to spend 2 months out of the year looking like they like to (which depends on each one of their goals).

In other words, how not to spin their wheels and look great all year and still make gains, even if they're slower.

One size doesn't fit all. And eating at a 2500 cal per week surplus to your maintenance slowly gets you leaner muscle than wolfing down 4,000 calories a day relentlessly, unless, again, that that's what you want to do.

*Disclaimer lifted from facebook - not fact checked yet for later**