General Ketosis

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I did coke off a strippers ass in a private room once. There were 2 of them. Both hot. Didn't fuck either of them.

Frigid bitches.

I was very hammered that day

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I've not eaten for a couple of weeks at a time, is this ketosis?

If so, I can advise on "pos's" and "neg's"

Not joking

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I've tried it but can't confirm I ever got into ketosis as I never measured my blood or anything.

Made me feel so shit. As a guy that likes endurance exercise it fucked my life up. My vo2 max plummeted, hr max was way down. Didn't enjoy. Will not do again. I like carbs

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Anyone do it?
Yes it's been the best diet/food program I've done, and over the last two decades I've tried it all. The Most energy, mental focus and clarity of mind while on. To me, the meals are so satiating that even on restrictive calorie intake, I don't seem to crave for anything...including bread, and I fucking LOVE bread!

I think most that try it and quit, never truly get in ketosis...they bounce in and out and that sucks, it takes a good month to get adapted and in a groove when first getting started. Many also fall short in the extra required magnesium, potassium, and most importantly, sodium intake. You have to extra salt your foods, or my favorite method of increasing sodium while on, is a cup of chicken bouillon everyday. Water alone is not enough to hydrate on keto, the lack of glycogen in your muscles coincides with a depletion in electrolytes...Atleast that's what I think I remember being the reasoning behind the necessary extra sodium.

I've learned that if I'm feeling funky while on keto, I'm either not eating enough fat or down on salt, especially if I'm sweating a lot or doing anything aerobic...the bouillon is a life saver here.

Many professional endurance athletes are going this route over the last few years. If you are running out of energy and endurance on keto, I think it's a product of an improper macro intake versus a keto detriment.

My macro breakdown on keto is about 75% fat, 20% protein, and about 5% carbs. I usually shoot for under 30 grams of net carbs...total carbs-fiber=net carbs.

You can pick up a bottle of ketone test strips for cheap when your first starting, but eventually you'll know if your body is in or not. If you are strict about your diet, it's an easy lifestyle. The key is to always have keto friendly foods and snacks available to grab if you're really hungry otherwise it's very easy to sway.

The biggest negative to me is the required time cooking and preparing meals.

Sorry for the possible bro science I've spewed, it's just what I remember off the top of my head when researching it a couple years back...I've kind of just stuck with what worked and let the science and details slip away a bit.

Ironically, I've been off keto since November...mentioned to gangsterkathryn @BocaPrincess earlier today that I was going back on beginning tomorrow. Good timing I guess. Research and having ideas for your meals is a big help. Best of luck!

SlapheadGiraffe

Posting Machine
Jun 21, 2016
Yes it's been the best diet/food program I've done, and over the last two decades I've tried it all. The Most energy, mental focus and clarity of mind while on. To me, the meals are so satiating that even on restrictive calorie intake, I don't seem to crave for anything...including bread, and I fucking LOVE bread!

I think most that try it and quit, never truly get in ketosis...they bounce in and out and that sucks, it takes a good month to get adapted and in a groove when first getting started. Many also fall short in the extra required magnesium, potassium, and most importantly, sodium intake. You have to extra salt your foods, or my favorite method of increasing sodium while on, is a cup of chicken bouillon everyday. Water alone is not enough to hydrate on keto, the lack of glycogen in your muscles coincides with a depletion in electrolytes...Atleast that's what I think I remember being the reasoning behind the necessary extra sodium.

I've learned that if I'm feeling funky while on keto, I'm either not eating enough fat or down on salt, especially if I'm sweating a lot or doing anything aerobic...the bouillon is a life saver here.

Many professional endurance athletes are going this route over the last few years. If you are running out of energy and endurance on keto, I think it's a product of an improper macro intake versus a keto detriment.

My macro breakdown on keto is about 75% fat, 20% protein, and about 5% carbs. I usually shoot for under 30 grams of net carbs...total carbs-fiber=net carbs.

You can pick up a bottle of ketone test strips for cheap when your first starting, but eventually you'll know if your body is in or not. If you are strict about your diet, it's an easy lifestyle. The key is to always have keto friendly foods and snacks available to grab if you're really hungry otherwise it's very easy to sway.

The biggest negative to me is the required time cooking and preparing meals.

Sorry for the possible bro science I've spewed, it's just what I remember off the top of my head when researching it a couple years back...I've kind of just stuck with what worked and let the science and details slip away a bit.

Ironically, I've been off keto since November...mentioned to gangsterkathryn @BocaPrincess earlier today that I was going back on beginning tomorrow. Good timing I guess. Research and having ideas for your meals is a big help. Best of luck!
Good post, thanks.
Been researching for 2/3 years on and off and not usually a million miles away as pretty much on a Dolce diet.
10 days in and getting over the 'flu' slowly.
Fucked up when adding too many oats to peanut butter cookies but other than that going good.
Worked out like a lunatic this week with no downside.
Thanks again

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Back in Keto, started with a bulletproof/keto whatever nomenclature you want to use.

Hit the grocery store, don't have a Fresh Market or Whole Foods within 45 minutes so had to settle for some meh groceries. Some good, some marginal. Spent $60 USD, had many items already, such as nuts, seeds, chicken, more eggs, and a few fruits and veggies. On the cheap, but it is what it is.

Here's my haul, curious what other keto followers grocery runs look like...

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Back in Keto, started with a bulletproof/keto whatever nomenclature you want to use.

Hit the grocery store, don't have a Fresh Market or Whole Foods within 45 minutes so had to settle for some meh groceries. Some good, some marginal. Spent $60 USD, had many items already, such as nuts, seeds, chicken, more eggs, and a few fruits and veggies. On the cheap, but it is what it is.

Here's my haul, curious what other keto followers grocery runs look like...

Cheeeeeeeeeeeese

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
used to be shredded on Keto

beef jerky during day and big meal at night that rarely included carbs

and cheese wasn't part of it ^^^^ how is that keto?

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
I'm confused. Everything I've read about the ketogenic diet says to avoid processed foods. Especially overly processed like meat and cheese. I know it's about carb restriction but processed food has added color, salt and preservatives, sugar, etc. It is unhealthy on any fad diet.

I have read three books and they all say the same. Also, limit fruit.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
The processed bacon really weirds me out because everything I've read says to cut your own bacon from a slab. Processed is not ketogenic.

Hmm

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'm confused. Everything I've read about the ketogenic diet says to avoid processed foods. Especially overly processed like meat and cheese. I know it's about carb restriction but processed food has added color, salt and preservatives, sugar, etc. It is unhealthy on any fad diet.

I have read three books and they all say the same. Also, limit fruit.
You are definitely correct on the processed shit it's not ideal at all, but like anything, sometimes you're limited by budget, availability, palate etc.

Keep in mind, not everything is being eaten daily. Most of the processed crap is filler like snacks etc.