Kevin Lee: Fighters' union is "inevitable"

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Speaking recently with Joe Rogan on The Joe Rogan Experience MMA Show, “The Motown Phenom” addressed the subject of a fighters’ union, saying that he believes one is has to happen eventually.

“I think it’s inevitable,” Lee said. “Eventually it’s gonna happen. I think it’s once the UFC - the UFC is gonna change a little bit, I feel like. It’s the same way I’m looking at the way Facebook has been doing stuff and all these other companies, these large private companies but they’re so big.

“The UFC is a sports organization but it’s so big now to where it’s damn near public. Once that kind of changes and once they open up the books and people really start to pay attention to it, then maybe somebody on the outside who is way smarter than anyone of us - because we’re fighting, we ain’t really worried about the legalities of it. I’m just signing a contract, I don’t really give a f*ck. But once somebody who is smarter kind of takes a look at it and sees what’s going on and how it is, then they’re gonna start up something. They have to. It’s kind of crazy.”

Morning Report: Kevin Lee believes an MMA union is ‘inevitable’

What's that, Leslie?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
It would need to go public as the “public outcry” would gain steam
Other than that, they’ll be pigeonholed - you want to fight for them and fight a lot of the best and be backed by them promoting them, whether it’s a little or a lot for individual fighters, then you fight at what they value you at or you have other options