Kevin Lee gives up on Nate fight; calls out Barboza

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
I'd watch!

“I don’t know how folks jumped on the Nate bandwagon so hard, folks just think he is such a fighter, but the man doesn’t want to fight, that’s the bottom line,” Lee said during a recent interview on Cage Side Submissions (via Fan Sided). “If a man doesn’t want to fight, I’m not a bully. I’m not going to keep berating him and going at him.”

That’s why “The Motown Phenom” is shifting his attention to another top Lightweight, as Lee says he wants the opportunity to face Edson Barboza. And should he score that bout, he intends to make Khabib Nurmagomedov’s beatdown over the Brazilian at UFC 219 (see it) look like a Sunday picnic.

“Right now I’m looking at Barboza. I think Barboza is a great fight, a really good matchup for me. He fought a lot of the guys who are at the top and I’m gonna whoop his ass harder than Khabib did,” Lee explained. “I’m also looking at somebody like Eddie Alvarez who is up there without a fight, he’s sitting on the sidelines, he’s trying to avoid me as much as he can. There’s a couple of fights that I’m looking at, that I’m interested in. They are not all necessarily above me, obviously, that’s where you want to look but really those rankings don’t mean shit, and they don’t mean shit to me.”

Lee Will No Longer Bully Diaz, Calls Out Barboza

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Barboza is liable to bust his ass.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Not a smart call out for several reasons. Coming off a loss you want to take a less dangerous fight rather than go 0-2 and kill off all of your momentum. And seeing as Barboza is coming off a loss himself, you don't get the boost from the win that you otherwise should.

Very high risk for not enough reward.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
why would nate want to fight kevin lee at this point? nate has better options and money in the bank. a possible loss to kevin lee makes a conor money fight rematch less likely. nate can stay on the sidelines smoking blunts and wait

M

member 3289

why would nate want to fight kevin lee at this point? nate has better options and money in the bank. a possible loss to kevin lee makes a conor money fight rematch less likely. nate can stay on the sidelines smoking blunts and wait
Nate isn't taking anything that doesn't pay him PPV points

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Nate has more Twitter and Instagram followers than everyone who's called him out of late combined, including Eddie Alvarez, in case anyone was attributing his popularity entirely to fighting McGregor. He showed up last Sunday night for the main event, pretended to spark up and stole the next day's headlines without ever having to step in the cage. Now, who is Kevin Lee again?

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
It doesnt make sense for either of them really but I really would like to see it.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Nate has more Twitter and Instagram followers than everyone who's called him out of late combined, including Eddie Alvarez, in case anyone was attributing his popularity entirely to fighting McGregor.
Not entirely to fighting McGregor. It's also Nick, his older brother who's responsible for much of his popularity. He's now just waiting for the next coat-tails to grab. I mean he's not fighting, he actually fought LESS than McGregor since that fight...

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
No it's entirely McGregor
A lot has to do with that from a mainstream perspective but hardcore fans love his attitude and how he handles himself.....I, for one, never really warmed to him until he beat the fuck out of cowboy and showed that he isn’t some punk bitch who I see on a daily basis that talks shit and hugs and kisses his opponent after the fight.....he was blasting cerrone and then gave him the double middle finger before the third round and at that point, I was in..........

M

member 3289

A lot has to do with that from a mainstream perspective but hardcore fans love his attitude and how he handles himself.....I, for one, never really warmed to him until he beat the fuck out of cowboy and showed that he isn’t some punk bitch who I see on a daily basis that talks shit and hugs and kisses his opponent after the fight.....he was blasting cerrone and then gave him the double middle finger before the third round and at that point, I was in..........
100% Mcgregor

M

member 3289

So what? Where did I write that he wasn't paid more to fight McGregor?
Popularity and pay are directly linked. If he really was at all popular without Conor's help, he wouldn't have been earning such a shit salary after already having 15-20 fights in the UFC.