Khabib ‘disappointed’ with UFC treatment: ‘I do not want to be a slave’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In an interview with Russian media over the weekend, Khabib Nurmagomedov discussed his ongoing title shot dilemma with the UFC.

Khabib Nurmagomedov appeared frustrated as he stood among journalists in Moscow for a quick media scrum several days later. Fresh off a dominant showing at the UFC’s landmark New York City event, the Dagestani native is no closer to securing a long-awaited lightweight title shot.

In the immediate aftermath of his third round finish of Michael Johnson at UFC 205, Nurmagomedov called out the UFC’s “chicken,” Conor McGregor, in a memorable post-fight promo. His attempt was futile, however, as McGregor defeated Eddie Alvarez to claim a historic second simultaneous UFC title before announcing an extended break to be with his growing family.

Nurmagomedov,…

Khabib ‘disappointed’ with UFC treatment: ‘I do not want to be a slave’

Last edited:

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Are these new statements or is he just doing a dramatic reading of Jose Aldo comments from the last few months...?

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He will be fighting Ferguson or he will wait a long time or longer even.....Conor can pretty much do what he wants and I'd like to see him fight Woodley next. I want him to hold 3 divisions hostage and watch the extreme, but warranted butthurt

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
He will be fighting Ferguson or he will wait a long time or longer even.....Conor can pretty much do what he wants and I'd like to see him fight Woodley next. I want him to hold 3 divisions hostage and watch the extreme, but warranted butthurt
At 170 Conor has no cardio plus I don't see him knocking out bigger men at that weight class. It would be really really stupid move to go up there and risk yourself getting knocked out..
Gotta agree with u next fight for Khabib would be Ferguson.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd like to see him try out for a few of the chick divisions as well to see if he can tie up 6 divisions at once.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
At 170 Conor has no cardio plus I don't see him knocking out bigger men at that weight class. It would be really really stupid move to go up there and risk yourself getting knocked out..
Gotta agree with u next fight for Khabib would be Ferguson.
May be true but we thought that about 155......nate exposed him in the first fight but he adjusted well in the second fight - he did get tired but recovered well in the end.......woodley likes to corner himself and thinks he's smart laying against the cage........Conor likes to punish cowering fighters IMO

Liw_LozanoIII

MMASMG fan
Oct 17, 2015
Quoted because this is what I also want

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
He needs to fight Ferguson now. I think Ferguson has a better claim at the title shot, that is the guy who he should be focusing on. Khabib just beat a guy coming off a loss, so what. That is the fight he should'nt have taken if he wanted to step up, and wait for Ferguson. On the other hand, he fought for his biggest audience ever in NY, good fight, excellent post fight speech, good setup to be a part of the Conor saga. I think it serves him better though to fight Ferguson, a fight he may well win.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
He needs to fight Ferguson now. I think Ferguson has a better claim at the title shot, that is the guy who he should be focusing on. Khabib just beat a guy coming off a loss, so what. That is the fight he should'nt have taken if he wanted to step up, and wait for Ferguson. On the other hand, he fought for his biggest audience ever in NY, good fight, excellent post fight speech, good setup to be a part of the Conor saga. I think it serves him better though to fight Ferguson, a fight he may well win.
They need to fight each other, definitely.......Tony almost got stopped by landau and Khabib got his ass rocked by Johnson.....they need to determine who goes next and they have time to do that......or they sit and rot but Tony won't sit

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I agree with this. Beating the #6 guy after a long lay off isnt enough for a title shot. Beating the #1 guy, that certainly is.

I think Conor would KO him based on how often MJ hit him, really reminded me of Matt Hughes. In a by gone era Matt Hughes was just a machine... if he got you down. If he didnt and tried to box you he looked so vulnerable, Khabib looked very similar to that.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
May be true but we thought that about 155......nate exposed him in the first fight but he adjusted well in the second fight - he did get tired but recovered well in the end.......woodley likes to corner himself and thinks he's smart laying against the cage........Conor likes to punish cowering fighters IMO
Agreed but he would need to bulk up and then face Woodley .

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves." - Kenny Florain