Khabib: GSP would be ‘a very tough matchup for me’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov will likely be facing former champion Conor McGregor for his maiden title defense. But if there is another fight that greatly piques his interest, it would be against another two-division champion, Georges St-Pierre.

Speaking during a Q&A session prior to the UFC on FOX 30 event in Calgary over the weekend, “The Eagle” admitted that St-Pierre would give him a tough fight. At the same time, he remains assured that no other fighter would be able to deal him his first career loss.

“Georges is greatest competitor in the UFC of all time,” Nurmagomedov said. “Even if we fight, I think…

Khabib: Georges St-Pierre would be ‘a very tough matchup for me,’ but I have to smash him

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
gsp is a tough match up for anybody. khabib wont be able to wrestle gsp and if it turns into a kickboxing match gsp is far superior. firaz will figure out a plan and georges will carry it out. they are too smart in that camp

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I dunno

lets see Khabib get bested or beaten first

I think it would be a good fight...hard to say how exactly it would go IMO

GSP finished his last opponent and IMO lost to the man before that....1-1 in last two so hard to say he could easily defeat an undefeated man at his peak

Honorable and respectful words by Khabib

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
Its gotten to the point that I dont care until they are scheduled and one of their feet steps in the cage

Is this fight happening? Khabib is talking like it's planned or intended.
I think if Khabib were to get a hold of him then it would be hard for Georges to work out of that.....and it would be a boring fight overall.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I dunno

lets see Khabib get bested or beaten first

I think it would be a good fight...hard to say how exactly it would go IMO

GSP finished his last opponent and IMO lost to the man before that....1-1 in last two so hard to say he could easily defeat an undefeated man at his peak

Honorable and respectful words by Khabib
Huuuge fan of khabib, especially of him as a person. He's so cool

Before his last fight, I'd have envisioned him as an intriguing underdog match up for pierre. But after his last one, and pierres last, I wouldn't be shocked if pierre was like a -700 favorite :-/

(Would love to see. Khabib just seems way more vulnerable now)

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Huuuge fan of khabib, especially of him as a person. He's so cool

Before his last fight, I'd have envisioned him as an intriguing underdog match up for pierre. But after his last one, and pierres last, I wouldn't be shocked if pierre was like a -700 favorite :-/

(Would love to see. Khabib just seems way more vulnerable now)
I like those odds, hope it happens....I would give GSP a 66% chance of winning if same size...hope it happens someday

I don't really see vulnerability in him...He tore Al up with that jab and I think he was trying to hone that weapon
Check this video...shows him just working out his jab on Al playing defense of TD and gassed.....although I don't think you wanna jab with George if you are KB...but AL was supposed to outbox Khabib

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/93lbrc/video_khabib_jabbing_the_heck_out_of_iaquinta/

GSP did look great and seemed sharp....U would bet him in almost any fight at 170, not sure about 155

Legend and he takes the fight game so serious he should always be favorite or even money until he shows his age, which he has yet to do.

Maybe after Conor Khabib somebody fights George?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I like those odds, hope it happens....I would give GSP a 66% chance of winning if same size...hope it happens someday

I don't really see vulnerability in him...He tore Al up with that jab and I think he was trying to hone that weapon
Check this video...shows him just working out his jab on Al playing defense of TD and gassed.....although I don't think you wanna jab with George if you are KB...but AL was supposed to outbox Khabib

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/93lbrc/video_khabib_jabbing_the_heck_out_of_iaquinta/

GSP did look great and seemed sharp....U would bet him in almost any fight at 170, not sure about 155

Legend and he takes the fight game so serious he should always be favorite or even money until he shows his age, which he has yet to do.

Maybe after Conor Khabib somebody fights George?
I hadn't even considered 55 george. I assumed khabib gsp at 70.and although khaaib is big 55, I feel like gsp would be much bigger

who do u have with conor vs khabib? Befre Al, I'd have said khabib by embarrassingly easy hulk smash. I now see it as a coin flip, and whenever I think about it, my gut actually sees conor by 2nd round tko...

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I hadn't even considered 55 george. I assumed khabib gsp at 70.and although khaaib is big 55, I feel like gsp would be much bigger

who do u have with conor vs khabib? Befre Al, I'd have said khabib by embarrassingly easy hulk smash. I now see it as a coin flip, and whenever I think about it, my gut actually sees conor by 2nd round tko...
if it really is 9 weeks then I wonder if CM is in fight shape by then? probably

I would be like 60/40 Khabib...I need to see unbeaten guys beaten before I bet against them

mostly because Khabib hasn't been rocked yet(Mike johnson didn't rock him IMO) and the fight will hit the mat at some time most likely...if it hits mat then I think Conor gets tired or pummeled...that Bear wrestler is just mean to people on the mat

But Conor has the left death touch punch and that can end any fight suddenly it seems, he is a true KO artist.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He’s right. GSP would stuff the takedowns and jab him to death, ala Koscheck.
Probably much worse since GSP had to be careful due to Kos' BIG power. Khabib hasn't shown an iota of decent stand-up technique or worrisome power.

Last edited: