Khabib having unstoppable wrestling is the most ridiculous lie the world has been sold on since 'Rousey can beat men'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

The Pendulum

AI Posting
Dec 30, 2015
Tibau outwrestled him but didn't actually win the fight - this is a myth perpetuated by people who don't know how to score fights. Khabib edged him with a few strikes in an otherwise terrible fight.

This isn't about hating on Khabib. This is just recognizing that his wrestling is highly overrated by virtue of avoiding other elite wrestlers in his MMA career. It's just a fact that he has avoided elite wrestlers in the UFC. People need to learn that facts don't care about their idiotic feelings.
Tibau should have won.

It's the reason Khabib pointed to Castillo so hard to avoid fighting Ferguson.

That said, he (Khabib) struggled against Iaquinta to land takedowns.

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
You don’t win a fight because you defended takedowns. Khabib had Tibau on the defence the whole fight backed up against the cage.Tibau did nothing, Khabib grinded him out. Tibau was definitely on the juice then too and still lost

It shows how good Khabib is when people have to bring up a fight from 8 years ago
Agreed, I think khabib is one of the greatest champions we have ever seen, but I still think he lost that fight, same with fedor vs arona

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Tibau should have won.

It's the reason Khabib pointed to Castillo so hard to avoid fighting Ferguson.

That said, he (Khabib) struggled against Iaquinta to land takedowns.
Eh, I mean I'm hardly going to die on this hill. It was a shit fight and I'll never watch it again, so I'll take your word for it.

Besides, this thread is about hanging sh*t on Khabib anyway, even though I lied and said it wasn't.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
can you name an elite level wrestler at 155 that Khabib could have potentially faced during his career ?
There's just not many at 155. I mean to be clear, I did say 'avoid', not 'duck'. You look at 170, and 155 is a wrestling wasteland in comparison.

Gaethje and Chandler are probably the guys at 155 who tick the boxes of being both elite fighters and guys with notable wrestling pedigrees, while Eddie Alvarez is arguably a stronger MMA wrestler than anyone Khabib has faced in the UFC. Khabib until now has avoided them all because for large parts of their careers they weren't even in the UFC.

I'm not going to say that guys like RDA and Al Iaquinta are bums in the defensive wrestling department, but they simply are not top-level MMA wrestlers. Any guys that Khabib has faced in MMA with decent wrestling pedigrees have been mediocre MMA fighters.

Level of competition matters. People go 'well, Khabib would beat elite MMA wrestlers, there's just nobody to fight'. Well, we don't know that because we haven't seen it. There are guys in other divisions who have to contend with other elite MMA wrestlers. There's just no basis to believe his wrestling is unstoppable against actual top wrestling competition.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
There's just not many at 155. I mean to be clear, I did say 'avoid', not 'duck'. You look at 170, and 155 is a wrestling wasteland in comparison.

Gaethje and Chandler are probably the guys at 155 who tick the boxes of being both elite fighters and guys with notable wrestling pedigrees, while Eddie Alvarez is arguably a stronger MMA wrestler than anyone Khabib has faced in the UFC. Khabib until now has avoided them all because for large parts of their careers they weren't even in the UFC.

I'm not going to say that guys like RDA and Al Iaquinta are bums in the defensive wrestling department, but they simply are not top-level MMA wrestlers. Any guys that Khabib has faced in MMA with decent wrestling pedigrees have been mediocre MMA fighters.

Level of competition matters. People go 'well, Khabib would beat elite MMA wrestlers, there's just nobody to fight'. Well, we don't know that because we haven't seen it. There are guys in other divisions who have to contend with other elite MMA wrestlers. There's just no basis to believe his wrestling is unstoppable against actual top wrestling competition.
How can you claim he spent his career avoiding elite MMA wrestlers but then say they weren’t too many in his division. Chandler only signed to the UFC last month. Khabib would have fought Eddie had he beaten Conor, and Gaethje was 2-2 while Khabib was lightweight champ. He had to work his way up the ladder, now he did, he’s fighting Khabib.

Khabib didn’t avoid anyone and I don’t think his wrestling is unstoppable; but his overall grappling and MMA grappling is much better than any of the 3 you mentioned

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
How can you claim he spent his career avoiding elite MMA wrestlers but then say they weren’t too many in his division. Chandler only signed to the UFC last month. Khabib would have fought Eddie had he beaten Conor, and Gaethje was 2-2 while Khabib was lightweight champ. He had to work his way up the ladder, now he did, he’s fighting Khabib.

Khabib didn’t avoid anyone and I don’t think his wrestling is unstoppable; but his overall grappling and MMA grappling is much better than any of the 3 you mentioned

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You know, one day you are going to wake up and say to yourself 'how the fuck was I ever convinced that a guy who competed in Russian Touch Butt and Judo was the best wrestler in MMA, over numerous Olympic and national champion, uh, actual wrestlers?' That day will be Sunday after Gaethje smashes your boy.

You will feel like the idiot that you are. This is what people will mutter as they walk away from you.

Except they won't be a hot chick, because no hot chick would even be talking to you in the first place. Because you're an idiot.

You've been told that because a Russian Touch Butt champion managed to take down elite wrestlers like Michael Johnson, Conor McGregor and Dustin Poirier, that somehow he will be able to take down actual wrestlers. Even though a Brazilian Touch Butt guy was able to outwrestle him and your brain tries to ignore it.

Apologize for buying into nonsense marketing in this thread.

(Disclaimer: should Khabib win, it's because Gaethje's wrestling has gotten shitty and you're still an idiot).
This really came back to bite you in the ass.....

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
It sucks that Gaethje forgot how to wrestle.

Shame Khabib never fought an elite MMA wrestler before he retired.