Khabib needs to be stripped of his title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It needs to be said. The UFC can do it now or they can be forced into doing it 12 months from now when he still hasn't defended his belt. Khabib's father's death is tragic. Coronavirus is beyond his control.

But it doesn't follow that everyone who has something tragic or unfortunate happen in their lives gets to be UFC champion forever.

Khabib is extremely inactive. The only reason coronavirus screwed the Tony fight was because there was an inexplicable 6-month timeline between the announcement and the fight.

Khabib is not signed to fight (and certainly won't fight) before October. That will mean he has defended his belt once in two years. Now people will say 'he needs time' - but this is time on top of a period in which he should already have been stripped for inactivity.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Gaethje vs Conor for the belt
This is the other incentive for the UFC - it protects the future Conor vs Khabib fight better. Gaethje vs Khabib is a bit of an unknown - maybe Gaethje's TD defense is good enough to beat Khabib. Conor vs Gaethje isn't unknown. Conor would destroy him.

So if they strip Khabib, then they achieve three goals.

1. They give Gaethje his deserved title shot and keep the integrity of the division intact.

2. They get a big PPV out of Conor vs Gaethje

3. They can just have Khabib come back and fight Conor afterwards.

M

member 3289

Conor vs Gaethje isn't unknown. Conor would destroy him.
I am glad some people recognize this. I have been saying this for a long time about both Gaethje and Ferg. Their styles would lead to first round KO losses to Conor.

But the Conor hate is so strong among hardcores that they can't acknowledge this.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I am glad some people recognize this. I have been saying this for a long time about both Gaethje and Ferg. Their styles would lead to first round KO losses to Conor.

But the Conor hate is so strong among hardcores that they can't acknowledge this.
Think it has more to do with how deserving Conor is... for a LW Title fight.

No one doubt Conor’s skills, especially after he’s gone through boxing and Khabib, I mean his hands and wrestling must have went up a notch~

If you want to talk about inactivity, Conor probably leads the way

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Shish Khabib should've been out of the UFC after him going full-retard after the Conor fight...

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018

This is why I hate him, but for real, anyone that decides to stand and trade with him has the potential to get floored, sans Diaz.
I think you guys are onto something though. I don’t think Khabib is gonna fight anytime soon after the loss of his father. I wouldn’t be surprised if he hangs them up. I’d really like to see my boy Gaethje get a shot at him before he retires but I don't think it’s gonna happen in 2020.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
He never should have been give a title to begin with. He's absurdly inactive.
He's only managed to fit in 12 fights in a 8 1/2 year UFC run that started off perfectly active and has now only fought 7 times in the last 6 years. And people call him the GOAT. That's what is absurd.

In GSP's initial 10-year WW run, which was full of major injuries that kept him highly inactive himself towards the end, he still fought 22 times.

I'm not even a Khabib hater. His inactivity is ridiculous though and needs to count against his legacy.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

let us Account bet this and loser leaves site

Conor vs Gaethje or Conor vs Ferg

Money where mouth is

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
Lol stripping a guy during covid

The hypocrisy of it all
He had fought only once in 18 months before Covid.

You're doing that retarded thing people do in these discussions where they think about the 'fairness' only in regards to the champ, and not about what is fair to the entirety of the division.

Yeah it would suck for Khabib. But Khabib hijacking the belt sucks for everyone else.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He had fought only once in 18 months before Covid.

You're doing that retarded thing people do in these discussions where they think about the 'fairness' only in regards to the champ, and not about what is fair to the entirety of the division.

Yeah it would suck for Khabib. But Khabib hijacking the belt sucks for everyone else.
same way I felt about guys doing TUF and holding belts hostage for 6-8 months
that was milking, this is an undefeated champ and some crazy circumstances

Khabib defended near end of 2019 and when it came time to fight again shit had hit the fan covidwise...so next fight fell thru, not his fault.

His dad died since then due to a virus that you have posted a bunch about, just because UFC is pushing events out it doesn't mean all fighters should or even can fight on a usual schedule.

Give him a few months to sign a contract if Covid is even allowing international travel and crowds to make a fight happen.

I'm fine if they strip him in 6 months, but if they do he should get first shot at the belt when he returns

TLDR...the belts don't mean shit anyways...we know who is undefeated and who has been beating soundly

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015

Khabib defended near end of 2019 and when it came time to fight again shit had hit the fan covidwise...so next fight fell thru, not his fault.

His dad died since then due to a virus that you have posted a bunch about, just because UFC is pushing events out it doesn't mean all fighters should or even can fight on a usual schedule.

Give him a few months to sign a contract if Covid is even allowing international travel and crowds to make a fight happen.

I'm fine if they strip him in 6 months, but if they do he should get first shot at the belt when he returns

TLDR...the belts don't mean shit anyways...we know who is undefeated and who has been beating soundly
I'm undefeated in the UFC too. If you don't fight, you can't lose.

Khabib is the best 155er without question. But being 'undefeated' is a retarded standard to hold champions to. You need to consistently beat contenders or you lose your status as champion. That has always been the framework of combat sports.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Dude, I shouldn’t have to tell you this.

702F2C09-49A5-4EFD-A6B4-82227AC7F6F3.gif

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
Don't you know, he invented Covid-19 just to avoid fighting Tony? Strip him now, the damn coward!

steroid to heaven

Colonize the Sun
Dec 23, 2015
dfw: “But Jon Jones feels he is underpaid. I’ve said it many times, I think Jon Jones is the GOAT. I think he’s the greatest in the sport, within the last however many ever years and he doesn’t make the money that a Conor and a Khabib make, and he doesn’t like that.”

i wouldnt have guessed khabib makes more than jj