Khabib Nurmagomedov wants Georges St-Pierre at lightweight, Dana White says ‘Sure’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

After seeing last night's fight, my pick is GSP. That is contingent on him having very healthy knee joints and ligaments.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I would love to see this fight. I'm not sure Dana is very committed to making it happen though. If GSP wins his legacy grows but he will probably leave again after the fight with another belt. If they do it at catchweight as ECC suggested GSP could still put a loss on Khabib's record and then leave again so the UFC loses the shine of Khabib's undefeated record.

I will be real surprised if the UFC actually does make this fight happen.

I want to see Tony get his shot at Khabib. Tony brings a different kind of pressure than Khabib. Tony will stay in his face just outside of range so Khabib won't be able to relax either.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
never gonna happen. dana has already said tony will get it, conor is trying for a rematch and now khabib wants a gsp superfight . 2 out of 3 of those guys are going to get screwed. tony is 99% getting screwed . gsp isnt going to fight for chump change and we have never seen him fight at 155.georges is the kind of guy who is going to want a year to cut the weight properly and then decide if he can compete at the highest level at that weight . dana would literally suck conors dick for a rematch and 2 mill ppv sales. the conor fight seems the easiest fight to make and the most profitable for the company . i would love to see khabib vs gsp at a 165lb catchweight

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
GSP master of preparation schools Khabib. All day.

Krazy.Russki

Feb 25, 2019
GSP master of preparation schools Khabib. All day.
with all due respect. I disagree. as much as I love GSP, they're years apart in prime and above all, different times. I think GSP would get mauled, any weight class vs Khabib. simply because of age, ring rust and lack of good comparable sparring partners to prepare him for Khabib. I hope that fight never happens, I love GSP

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
with all due respect. I disagree. as much as I love GSP, they're years apart in prime and above all, different times. I think GSP would get mauled, any weight class vs Khabib. simply because of age, ring rust and lack of good comparable sparring partners to prepare him for Khabib. I hope that fight never happens, I love GSP
That's weird that you'd mention ring rust. I think GSP and Dom proved its not a real thing with those lengthy layoffs and performances after. I'd still favour GSP but that's probably because I can't imagine anyone being able to take him down and hold him there.

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
I would love to see this fight. I'm not sure Dana is very committed to making it happen though. If GSP wins his legacy grows but he will probably leave again after the fight with another belt. If they do it at catchweight as ECC suggested GSP could still put a loss on Khabib's record and then leave again so the UFC loses the shine of Khabib's undefeated record.

I will be real surprised if the UFC actually does make this fight happen.

I want to see Tony get his shot at Khabib. Tony brings a different kind of pressure than Khabib. Tony will stay in his face just outside of range so Khabib won't be able to relax either.
Plus If tony gets a sub in, very unlikely that Khabib gets out of it

Twelve Twenty Four

Jan 21, 2016
Tony gets the shot. Anything else is just bullshit at this point. Gsp beats khabib, khabib will struggle to implement his plan against the King Of Gameplans. Gsp gets khabib down easily in my opinion, probably holds him down for 5 rounds on way to easy decision

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
it would be fun if they moved heaven and earth to get him to fight again, only for him to get submitted or bash Tony in 15 seconds