Khabib Nurmogomedov vs Tony Ferguson : It's Happening for REAL~!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
They're gonna announce it soon!! Khabib vs Tony in Russia!! it'll be some ROCKY4 Shit!!

one of the best promo

This is THE FIGHT~ both on 12 fight win Streak in the UFC, what a matchup.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
They're gonna announce it soon!! Khabib vs Tony in Russia!! it'll be some ROCKY4 Shit!!

one of the best promo

This is THE FIGHT~ both on 12 fight win Streak in the UFC, what a matchup.
As much as I hope you're right... Tony could just be tweeting that about a fight against the flu.

And until they're in the cage together, I'm not going to allow myself to get excited about Tony/Khabib since we've been teased 4 times before.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
As much as I hope you're right... Tony could just be tweeting that about a fight against the flu.

And until they're in the cage together, I'm not going to allow myself to get excited about Tony/Khabib since we've been teased 4 times before.
you are absolutely right. but this time, I think it'll happen.
This is the perfect time for it.
Both on 12 fight win streak.
Both have took out almost who's who in the division in almost similar fashion.
Both are in their prime.

Khabib also said Khabib Nurmagomedov: ‘I’m about 80 percent sure my next fight will be in Russia’ 4 days ago. Maybe possibly GSP but Tony seems very very excited, I think it's true~

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Until those 2 are literally throwing hands, I don't believe it.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I had tickets to see them in Tampa and was so bummed when it was called off. To echo what other's have said, I'll believe it when they're in the cage throwing hands and spamming take down attempts.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Great fight, hopefully 5th times the charm and it finally happens.

Timings perfect.

Have to go with Khabib, probably get the TKO in the later rounds, can't see him submitting Tony.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015

Lmao at fighting the flu. Hilarious but true.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Great fight, hopefully 5th times the charm and it finally happens.

Timings perfect.

Have to go with Khabib, probably get the TKO in the later rounds, can't see him submitting Tony.
Or maybe Tony finishes the guilletine that Poirier couldn't....

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Or maybe Tony finishes the guilletine that Poirier couldn't....
It wasn't that Dustin couldn't finish it, it's that Khabib defended it perfectly.

Tony might have a slight advantage in a scramble...but Khabib doesn't scramble.
:)

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Maybe, unlikely though.

I can't remember Tony finishing a guilliotine at all in the UFC, doubt he can hit the sprawl to get his d'arce, or find the space on the ground for many sub attempts at all.
D'arce is more likely.
Ferguson can shoot that d'arce from all angles

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Maybe, unlikely though.

I can't remember Tony finishing a guilliotine at all in the UFC, doubt he can hit the sprawl to get his d'arce, or find the space on the ground for many sub attempts at all.
Good point. Though people good at darce's are usually good at guilletines.
But maybe if he can sprawl off a Khabib shoot he could lock in a darce. ... If.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Good point. Though people good at darce's are usually good at guilletines.
But maybe if he can sprawl off a Khabib shoot he could lock in a darce. ... If.
He can set it up off the single alright but he wont go anywhere with it, in my opinion, can't see him getting his legs free if they end up on the deck.

I just don't see Khabib giving him any space on the ground, if it goes there, he ties people up so well on top.

He rides guys so well in scrambles, pins them mid escape, he is like a monkey with his legs. Tony will get trapped against the cage and battered.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
He can set it up off the single alright but he wont go anywhere with it, in my opinion, can't see him getting his legs free if they end up on the deck.

I just don't see Khabib giving him any space on the ground, if it goes there, he ties people up so well on top.

He rides guys so well in scrambles, pins them mid escape, he is like a monkey with his legs. Tony will get trapped against the cage and battered.
Khabib traps the legs when he has opponents against the cage.

Difference with Tony will be wherever he gets takendown, Tony won't try to get up. He'll just fight at the spot.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Khabib traps the legs when he has opponents against the cage.

Difference with Tony will be wherever he gets takendown, Tony won't try to get up. He'll just fight at the spot.
I agree man, but I still see him getting dragged there by Khabib.

He will try to scramble back to his feet as well, but you are right again.

I do hope it is a competetive fight, something tells me it wont be though, as much of a savage as Tony is.