Khabib: The only fighter who can beat Blaydes is Cormier

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Over the weekend at UFC 225, number five-ranked heavyweight contender Curtis Blaydes closed out the prelims with a bloody third-round TKO win over Alistair Overeem. Now on a four-fight win streak, he continues to boost himself to further recognition.

One prominent name that did take notice is UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov. Even while in the middle of the holy month of Ramadan, “The Eagle” was able to catch the fights over the weekend and ended up being impressed by the 27-year-old collegiate wrestler.

“I think Blaydes can become UFC champion,” Khabib told documentary producer Will Harris of Anatomy of a Fighter. “He has very good wrestling, he’s young, he’s…

Khabib Nurmagomedov: The only fighter who can beat Curtis Blaydes is Daniel Cormier

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Didn’t see the fight, but looked at the good ol’ Wikipedia. Ended in doctor stoppage at the end of a round. Was it close up til that point or no?
Honestly don't remember. I believe Blaydes did get a takedown, but I don't remember him doing anything significant with it.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Didn’t see the fight, but looked at the good ol’ Wikipedia. Ended in doctor stoppage at the end of a round. Was it close up til that point or no?
was close

Blaydes took what Francis could dish

I would bet Blaydes in a rematch

Francis is good but oh so beatable

SensoriaUtopia

First 100
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Stipe
Ngannou
Cormier
Minakov if he's in shape and still fighting

I think they all beat him.

Then I give Blagoi Ivanov,Volkov,JDS, and Amir Aliakbari a 50/50 chance to beat him.

Blades is a clear top 10, maybe even top 5 in the world, but there is more than 1 guy that can beat him.

YaHear