Khabib-Tony Injury Pool - Who drops out first, when and why?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
This particular fight is of course never going to be easy to get together. I was trying to say as long as the fighters stay healthy I don't see a reason why it couldn't take place at the Apex behind closed doors instead of postponing it once again
Ari and Dana are money-grubbing cunts and Khabib has the highest guaranteed money contract in the UFC. Yes, really, obviously Conor gets paid more, but only half as much in disclosed pay. Khabib got $6 million for the Dustin fight.

That could be a big problem. It's not just the loss of revenue for the live gate - the UFC might fear that holding a dark crowd event might kill buzz and PPV buys along with it. It's one thing to run fight nights paying main eventers 100/100k and say a 1.2 million total payout for fighter purses, when ad revenue makes up for lost gate. It's another to be on the hook for $8 million on a PPV that they would be nervous won't sell. They might decide it's not worth it.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Ari and Dana are money-grubbing cunts and Khabib has the highest guaranteed money contract in the UFC. Yes, really, obviously Conor gets paid more, but only half as much in disclosed pay. Khabib got $6 million for the Dustin fight.

That could be a big problem. It's not just the loss of revenue for the live gate - the UFC might fear that holding a dark crowd event might kill buzz and PPV buys along with it. It's one thing to run fight nights paying main eventers 100/100k and say a 1.2 million total payout for fighter purses, when ad revenue makes up for lost gate. It's another to be on the hook for $8 million on a PPV that they would be nervous won't sell. They might decide it's not worth it.
Could be. I just don't think that the money grabbing cunts would take a chance of this fight never happening

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Imagine if you had godlike powers and could make a fightcard full of fights that should have happened:

> Khabib Tony
> Randy Fedor (twice on the evening, once in a cage and UFC rules and once in a ring setting, like they both wanted. Ring setting as opening fight of the Main Card)
> Ronda Cyborg
> Condit Matt Brown
> Royce Harold Howard
> Fedor Overeem for Strikeforce belt or vs. Vitor as replacement for Barnett in Affliction
> GSP Anderson

Undercard:
Dana vs Tito
Joe Rogan vs. Wesley Snipes

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
March 31st, Khabib, knee injury.
You won the thread with the first reply. Nobody got the cause but you basically nailed the date. March 30 stands as the official cancellation date.

Congratulations on your victory.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
told ya

I blame this fucking thread

It sucks

Blame the UFC for scheduling this fight 6 months in advance for absolutely no reason. This fight was was signed long before Adesanya and Romero was. There was no reason the fight couldn't have already happened. Dana is just a fucking moron.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Blame the UFC for scheduling this fight 6 months in advance for absolutely no reason. This fight was was signed long before Adesanya and Romero was. There was no reason the fight couldn't have already happened. Dana is just a fucking moron.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
damn you! you should get the blame just like Trump gets blame for violence against Asians

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I blame Romero's fans for clamoring for his undeserved title shot. That held up the sport just so he could accumulate a 3 straight loss.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
It's genuinely hilarious that Khabib-Tony is legitimately either not going to happen again, and even if it does, nobody will be there to see it. If I ever meet the bald cunt in person, the first thing I am going to do before handing him a signed copy of his own mother's book, I am going to demand a reason for scheduling the fight 6 months in advance. It's just so much extra time for something to go wrong. He really is a fucking moron.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgN6a_3A3aE

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
The argument for having the fight sooner is decent I guess. But you do have to factor in the world tour type of promotions that may have went on leading up to this fight.

But even if UFC made this fight in February it still wouldn't have happened.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
The argument for having the fight sooner is decent I guess. But you do have to factor in the world tour type of promotions that may have went on leading up to this fight.

But even if UFC made this fight in February it still wouldn't have happened.
But they didn't go on any 6-month world tour shit. They just did a regular press conference 3 weeks ago, basically a 6-week fight promotion schedule.