Khabib vs Tony - what will happen? POLL

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

wha'gwon

• Total voters

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
So glad One has set the tone with their closed door events, same with NCAA b-ball. Hopefully the UFC follows suit, but I’m not optimistic.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I have NO IDEA why this messed up system picked
"postpone event",
when clearly I chose
"hold events behind closed doors, some at the APEX center in Las Vegas, which the UFC owns. Hey, we understand this is an evolving situation & we're trying to adapt. Full refunds will be available to our ticketgoers, and events will be shown on ESPN & ESPN+
".

Get it together "Top Men"

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
As I explained in another thread, the size of Khabib's contract is going to be the real issue here. He is the highest guaranteed paid fighter in the UFC by a mile at $6 million (Conor obviously gets more overall but only half as much in disclosed pay).

With no live gate revenue, bars probably closed and the inabilty to market it through usual public means + the buzzkill of the empty arena possibly significantly hurting PPV buys and the likely loss of other ad revenue, it's risky as fuck.

I can't see the UFC being willing to pay out $8 or 9 million for fighters to appear on that card knowing the PPV could tank.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
LmAoooo!!!

Clearly the only reason coronavirus exists is the universe's cunning plan to keep this fight from ever happening! Somebody get on the phone with Shelby and tell him stop booking this dang fight for humanity!

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
How many staff, officials and fight teams are required to hold an event.. even if done in a closed setting? Seems a bit optimistic.

Bellator just postponed tonight’s event.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
How many staff, officials and fight teams are required to hold an event.. even if done in a closed setting? Seems a bit optimistic.

Bellator just postponed tonight’s event.
The more you think about it, the more you realize there is just no way they are going to move ahead with it. Even forget what I said about Khabib's contract - it's going to be shut down before it even gets to that stage.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Goodness gracious, Chester.....Do you have geometry answers chalked out on your math board that sits above your tv?
No, but for what it's worth, I'm not really into* moles, but Pi is pretty gnarly, and 8s my favorite number since it's a sideways infinite. But I only bend the knee* to fibonachi

Last edited:

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
LmAoooo!!!

Clearly the only reason coronavirus exists is the universe's cunning plan to keep this fight from ever happening! Somebody get on the phone with Shelby and tell him stop booking this dang fight for humanity!
There actually is a second reason. Last year Finland qualified for the European Football Championship for the first time and that simply cannot happen

Last edited:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Dana taunted the God's of MMA when he booked this fight, now the entire world is feeling their wrath.

we must sacrifice Dana White to the Gods if we want to stop the coronavirus.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Tony trips and breaks his wrist on that stupid baseball he's been packing around.